Current Section > League of Angels > General Discussion

shargunSend 2014-01-19 16:11:58 | Only view this user

I'm Shargun, here with another slew of constructive criticism aimed at bettering this game because it's not following the rules.

I've addressed a number of issues with the game so I only have one here that I need to talk about. The heinous, tasteless, brainless copying of other games' content. I've talked already about the Dead or Alive trailer (direct copyright infringement #1), the chogath image replication (2) and the astral child/soraka mimic (3). Now, I'm going to talk about the FOURTH time where this game has just given up on creating new content because anything without breasts is not a specialty that their art and design studio have gotten around to learning yet.

The best thing about this guy, is that not only is the concept identical, but they even copied the frigging name! Anyway, enough hiding information, here it is. They have a mount called "Chocobo". Here's a picture for you guys:

That is undoubtedly, a 2-legged bird that walks on its legs rather than optimally flying because of control by the player. Now, if anyone has played Final Fantasy, they may see where I am going with this (game no. 3, man you guys went far and wide to get your content). Here is an image of the chocobo in earlier versions of the game:

A colour rework and a suit of armour and you've got a brand, spanking new mount! Oh, except you forgot to change the name, so you're essentially turning a possible coincidence of similarities into a sign screaming "Yep, we copied this bird". Oh but I know some of you will leap to defend the game, saying they turned the animal into a mount, creating a difference there of functionality that directly correlates to the artwork. Sadly, you're gonna have to delete that comment now before you post it as Final Fantasy have already done that.

Yeah I'm really sorry. But not also did Final Fantasy make the original name, design, shape (the tail feathers and claw pattern are identical) but they also gave it armour and made it a mount so now I think even if you didn't call it a chocobo, you'd have a hard time sorting this one out. Did I mention the hind-leg spikes? Oh man, that's a cool feature. Anyway, it was pretty funny when you named the celestial mimic astral child but this is like a massive joke of a concept. 

To all those who hate me for giving their beloved game crap, I'm just saving it from a potential legal lawsuit. Well actually I can't really say that because I already sent Riot games an email with the 2 copies there and have already received a response identifying that action shall be taken and sadly, I'm not allowed to know the outcome for reasons of privacy. So you guys might want to clean up your act. If you're wondering why I sent Riot the email, link can be found here:

http://community.gtarcade.com/post/index/id/2257/

So, all I'm saying is that I have identified a number of critical errors, functionally and legally with the game. Whilst I am aware that a number of responders asking me to get off the forums want to be moderators so that's the limit of the content they can send to me so they keep a clean record (was it jagex78? I forget, anyway if he responds here I'll say hi), they should be happy that I am promoting ideas to make this game a better game for all! Of course I must include the inconvenient truths of possible failure, subliminal money scamming and more but soon they will become a much better game and they won't have to listen to me say those things because they won't be a problem anymore, right?

merlincrossxPosted on 2014-01-19 22:19:24 | Only view this user

Skip To » 1#

More? I just made a topic about their ads and now there's in game ripped content?

Why should I play a game that is so busy lazily ripping off other games? What's the gameplay like, ripped off from another browser game? Or is it ripped from a triple A game title?

Hang on, I'll be back. Copying their artwork and will sell a game called Angels of the League so I can make money.

scout01Posted on 2014-01-19 22:47:25 | Only view this user

Skip To » 2#

This post last edited By scout01 at 2014-01-19 22:49:24

Zweihander's Thunderclap skill has the same icon as Kennen's Electrical Surge skill from League of Legends. Pretty sure some of the icons in gauntlet were also from LoL, 2 of them were Karma's pre-rework W icon.

fieryheartPosted on 2014-01-20 06:22:14 | Only view this user

Skip To » 3#

well this is 1 big p2w games what do u expect them to do, work hard and improve the game ???

they are ripping enough of people money already and soon they shall close the website when they have made enough money in an instant.

EdgePosted on 2014-01-20 08:03:25 | Only view this user

Skip To » 4#

This post last edited By edge at 2014-01-20 08:05:36

I had data mined those pics from Chinese server just to give an idea to players who wants to know what might be released here in future not for you to take it and start one of your usual bashing posts.

Incase you are not aware of it there is no copyright law in china so they can do whatever they want, just go to any Chinese gaming site you will notice how many league of legends clones are there in china. As for the chocobo mount it is not released in here and there is no way for us to know if it was going to release or not.so don't jump into conclusions. I know they have taken content from DOA which is wrong and stupid move by them but it doesn't mean they will continue doing it

I was hoping this wouldn't happen but you had to go ahead and do it. Now i have remove all the unreleased info on my guide, thanks for that.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-20 10:19:28 | Only view this user

Skip To » 5#

Reply 4# edge

No problem. But regardless whilst the chocobo is in development, the idea, content and design is still a rip-off and they HAVE to change it before release. If they came up with something new, this wouldn't be a problem but it is. Anyway, you made the assumption that just because they made the Dead or Alive ad, doesn't mean they wouldn't do something of the sort again. That is false. They have, 3 times. I thought that I made that clear with the recap of the chogath splash art, the soraka copy and a commenter pointed out the kennen lightning rush. Those 3 things are all in the game as we speak. So technically, it is a FACT that the game is ripping off other games, and there is no evidence that the future content will be changed because it wouldn't be the first time. You say I jump to conclusions but you're the one who says they won't necessarily do it again. Not quite a conclusion so you're not a hypocrite, just oblivious to the point that they have done this before. And thanks for making the note on Chinese copyright laws. I looked it up and intellectual property rights have been around since 1979. So you're wrong. And the appropriate computer compyright laws were implemented in 1991 with new revisions that make copyrighting difficult in China but the use of intellectual property copyrighted by other parties (League of Legends etc.) who have already disclosed this, is strictly prohibited. So you're playing a game run by criminals, you're defending a game run by criminals and you're providing false information about the game. Anyway, now that I've given you a little read for wasting my time with lies and counter-accusations that already have evidence against them, I will give you a little video to make you think before you post again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

shargunPosted on 2014-01-20 11:10:50 | Only view this user

Skip To » 6#

I've now been informed from sources that League of Angels has used artwork from a game called Touhou where ONCE AGAIN, characters are depicted unrealistically and scantily clad, only this time they wave at the viewer. It's not a video, just a small ad on the sides of gaming sites. Photo here:

I've received news of another ad where they feature a nine-tailed fox dancing but I have no images or video evidence so I won't include it as anything more then an allegation at the moment. Needless to say, it won't surprise many people should it be true.

gokuPosted on 2014-01-20 12:00:23 | Only view this user

Skip To » 7#

copy paste op 

zoycitePosted on 2014-01-20 13:22:03 | Only view this user

Skip To » 8#

op's post can be best described as filibuster

merlincrossxPosted on 2014-01-20 13:28:08 | Only view this user

Skip To » 9#

I had data mined those pics from Chinese server just to give an idea to players who wants to know what might be released here in future not for you to take it and start one of your usual bashing posts.

Incase you are not aware of it there is no copyright law in china so they can do whatever they want, just go to any Chinese gaming site you will notice how many league of legends clones are there in china. As for the chocobo mount it is not released in here and there is no way for us to know if it was going to release or not.so don't jump into conclusions. I know they have taken content from DOA which is wrong and stupid move by them but it doesn't mean they will continue doing it

I was hoping this wouldn't happen but you had to go ahead and do it. Now i have remove all the unreleased info on my guide, thanks for that.

edge posted on 2014-01-20 08:03:25    

So it's a chinese company. I should have known because this is practices I would expect from such a company.

Move on everyone. Garbage Ad and Garbage game.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-20 14:07:57 | Only view this user

Skip To » 10#

This post last edited By shargun at 2014-01-20 14:18:24
Reply 8# zoycite

Filibuster doesn't even make sense. There's not legislative assembly here and I'm not engaging in an unauthorised war against a foreign state so your usage of the word is pathetic. If you're going to attempt to obfuscate someone, do so to someone who isn't aware of the facts. You're describing my post completely incorrectly and now I have to go to the trouble to show everyone but most importantly you, that what you're saying is garbage. 

dark2321Posted on 2014-01-20 14:22:07 | Only view this user

Skip To » 11#

Reply 10# shargun
he's a troll.  he's probably also 10 years old.  his mom only probably lets him access the internet for a limited amount of time per day so he has to get in his idiocy quick like.

zoycitePosted on 2014-01-20 14:27:53 | Only view this user

Skip To » 12#

Reply 8# zoycite

Filibuster doesn't even make sense. There's not legislative assembly here and I'm not engaging in an unauthorised war against a foreign state so your usage of the word is pathetic. If you're going to attempt to obfuscate someone, do so to someone who isn't aware of the facts. You're describing my post completely incorrectly and now I have to go to the trouble to show everyone but most importantly you, that what you're saying is garbage. 

shargun posted on 2014-01-20 14:07:57    
You have excellent command of the English language.

viper28kPosted on 2014-01-20 18:52:53 | Only view this user

Skip To » 13#

you may as well post this same complaint at wartune.

they have a bird mount that looks almost identical to this one you posted.
so wartune must have copied the concept as well then, then this game copied it or licensed it from wartune.

ladyglimmerzPosted on 2014-01-20 23:41:38 | Only view this user

Skip To » 14#

Stop feeding his troll habits. 

He's always complaining about the women being scantily clad...SO WHAT????  If you don't like looking at it don't.

No one is forcing you to play this game, that game, or any other game.  So what if you think this game is garbage.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Alot of people know this game is P2W.  If you frickin enjoy the game you wouldn't care what ranking you were.  I've only spent 7 dollars on VIP and I'm still pretty high without ever getting any diamonds to help me along the way.

Grow the hell up.

zelucelomPosted on 2014-01-20 23:51:33 | Only view this user

Skip To » 15#

hawaiimoolaniPosted on 2014-01-21 01:11:51 | Only view this user

Skip To » 16#

In 1979 When painting murals on the side of vans I air brush a similar riding bird on the side of a van  called "vantastic", and in a D&D game in 1972 our entire party were mounted on, what in our game was called a Sprint Eagle.  Nature made the terror bird it went extinct about 500,000 years ago in South America all of those creatures looked very similar.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-21 01:17:23 | Only view this user

Skip To » 17#

Reply 13# viper28k

I don't care about wartune. I am on the League of Angels website so I am talking about League of Angels. That makes sense yes? I don't care that Wartune ripped off another game or Scarlet Blade has a high level of wild sexual appeal, I am talking solely about League of Angels. Anyway, I will give you a quick summary of the difference between copyright infringement and plagiarism.

Copyright infringement is the use of other people's intellectual property without their permission. So there's a lot of things on the list at the moment,

Plagiarism is the same as copyright infringement only you say that the material you are using is your own work. I have no evidence to say that they do this so I only accuse them of the first but that is still a crime both in regards to Chinese law AND international law. I could go to Wartune and post the same sort of stuff but they didn't quite rip me off as badly as this game, and about another 100-200 players as well with a variety of schemes.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-21 01:30:41 | Only view this user

Skip To » 18#

This post last edited By shargun at 2014-01-21 01:32:30

Stop feeding his troll habits. 

He's always complaining about the women being scantily clad...SO WHAT????  If you don't like looking at it don't.

No one is forcing you to play this game, that game, or any other game.  So what if you think this game is garbage.

Alot of people know this game is P2W.  If you frickin enjoy the game you wouldn't care what ranking you were.  I've only spent 7 dollars on VIP and I'm still pretty high without ever getting any diamonds to help me along the way.

Grow the hell up.

ladyglimmerz posted on 2014-01-20 23:41:38    

There are a couple of funny things in this post that I've just gotta say.

1: PURPLE!! That's sweet

2: HYPOCRISY!! "don't feed his troll habits." Thanks for posting on the thread, thus bumping it to the first page, providing another source of comment and giving me something to laugh at in the morning.

3: The problems with women being scantily clad like this are far and plenty. Apart from the fact it distorts the human mind as to what beauty is and depicts women as inferior to men with their only appeal being their body but they also are a beacon for perverts to play the game. There is a difference between beauty and this sort of thing. I've seen beautiful drawings of almost everything, women included. This is just a sleazy attempt to drain cash from people's wallets.

4: I'm not playing the game anymore. So yes, no one is forcing me to play the game, and I'm not. So we can just pretend that comment never existed right?

5: The whole idea of a pay to WIN game is to WIN yes? That's the reason you've been playing money! Your quote "If you frickin enjoy the game, you wouldn't care what ranking you were." I'm terribly sorry, but because this game is an MMORPG, there is no way to "win" the game, except by being the best. That's what you're paying money for, to give yourself upgrades so you can get closer to the top! If I enjoyed the game, I would damn well want to be up there near the top, as well as a LOT of other people. Like I wouldn't pay crap if I knew after X amount of dollars, I would still be crap. But sadly, a lot of people are. We're aware of the scams but that's another problem.

6: Just cause you've spent $7 doesn't mean a lot of other people have spent a whole lot more money. I wish you the best of luck with that new inferno skin that's coming out. Calculated cost based on the means of obtaining it is around $200. People will pay the money, and you will be left in the dust I promise.

7: I know software can tell people their I.P address, ISP location etc. but age? Well I'm impressed. I've got to ask you, what is my age? Or maybe you're talking about "mental age" in which case I don't plan on growing up because when you grow up, you perform worse and lose cognitive response. So that's a no thank you.

EDIT: Wil continue responses later, don't worry.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-21 10:29:46 | Only view this user

Skip To » 19#

Reply 16# hawaiimoolani
Sure there's a degree of acceptability with designs that makes lawsuits more difficult and I acknowledge that such a bird exists, but when you copy the appearance AND functionality, and more importantly, THE NAME, you're really gonna cause some trouble.

merlincrossxPosted on 2014-01-21 12:24:08 | Only view this user

Skip To » 20#

Yes because anyone that doesn't agree to every single thing about the game is a troll.

Personally I wrote Wartune off after playing it a bit over on Armorgames. I was ready to write this game off as a Wartune clone till I saw the ripped off characters. Then I put it below Wartune.

Yeah yeah Marketing and Chinese laws, same song and dance we've seen over the last few years. But if you you guys know all this, why support this? Why give money to a company that not only lies(it's marketing so it's debatable here) but also steals? In my mind, no game can be good enough to play if it's not even going to advertise it's own characters. Be like Street Fighter showing Tekken characters.

But hey, it's their money, they want to spend it on this go for it.

kronusPosted on 2014-01-21 12:28:17 | Only view this user

Skip To » 21#

''The problems with women being scantily clad like this are far and plenty. Apart from the fact it distorts the human mind as to what beauty is and depicts women as inferior to men with their only appeal being their body but they also are a beacon for perverts to play the game''. How exactly it distorts the human mind? Women like to play their gender and it's this design has been happening for quite some time, so I am not sure why you act like it's the first game to do it.  Also are you from some extremist Middle-Orient country or something? Like I can't understand how is that supposed to depict women as inferior. Let me guess, they should have full plate armor that covered everything right?. If you don't like the current market, then sue the Asian Marketing, there are thousands of games done the same and it's made for people to play not for trolls like you.

shargunPosted on 2014-01-21 15:46:05 | Only view this user

Skip To » 22#

This post last edited By shargun at 2014-01-21 15:49:12
     ''The problems with women being scantily clad like this are far and plenty. Apart from the fact it distorts the human mind as to what beauty is and depicts women as inferior to men with their only appeal being their body but they also are a beacon for perverts to play the game''. How exactly it distorts the human mind? Women like to play their gender and it's this design has been happening for quite some time, so I am not sure why you act like it's the first game to do it.  Also are you from some extremist Middle-Orient country or something? Like I can't understand how is that supposed to depict women as inferior. Let me guess, they should have full plate armor that covered everything right?. If you don't like the current market, then sue the Asian Marketing, there are thousands of games done the same and it's made for people to play not for trolls like you.     andrei_vlad007@yahoo.com posted on 2014-01-21 12:28:17    

OK, I'm gonna keep it brief for you.

1: You're wrong. Middle-Orient country doesn't exist. I'm not gonna correct you, it's your homework to try again

2: If you want me to write an essay on how the photos depicted in the game are of sexually explicit nature, and how this correlates to my comment on inferiority, then fine, you got it coming. But I'm tired so it's gonna be a little shorter then I'd like it.

It is scientifically known that pornography distorts the brain by creating an unrealistic idealism of women both physically in regards to appearance and mentally, in regards to their standing in society. It is already a confirmed fact that pornography does that and makes women look inferior (if you really still don't believe me, send me a response and I will "finish" my essay, but for now, let's just elaborate on the links, not the cold, hard facts). It is no secret that the depictions of the angels amount to softcore pornography. Semi-exposed person(s) with sexual appeal intended. I'm gonna prove the sexual appeal by showing you their faces. A face gives away much information and the art department have done a wonderful job with this.

Please, describe the look on the first girl's face. Blushing cheeks, hunched shoulders, fluttered eyelids, sly grin. Every single emotional signpost for sexual interest is being shown on her face. Every single one. Even down to the eyes. Now for the second one, it's not so simple. Before I analyse the face, I should mention the only reason she's facing away from the responder is to expose her behind and if she was facing us, we would see nipples. Anyway, the face is turned slightly away, almost shy, but the eyes are still very strong. The lips do leak a smile right at the corners though, and this gives away her interest, almost curiosity in this context, as she is teasing the responder, similar to a strip tease, only the slow part of the work is already done. The faces match all the signs that make up sexual appeal, that shamefully makes these pictures of softcore pornography, which as I mentioned before, is proven to make women look inferior and submissive, distorting the reality. If you're still blindly skeptical, then apart from the fact that these angels are used supplementarily in a computer game, meaning the pictures act like an accessory to a main feature, further increasing the difference between good art and the sexual display that is these pictures, then just read the content that goes with the angels. Direct quote from their website, unadulterated whatsoever: "Come and let the Christmas Angel crawl into bed with you...". Angels used in the game for combat against the forces of evil do not just get into your bed!! Let alone how the message is addressed to a crowd in the 10s of thousands, maybe more. That's almost disgusting when you think about it that way. There's a number of other stupid comments they make, so if you want to see them too, message me and I will only be too happy to reinforce my case but for now I hope that suffices. 

Moving on,

3: Saying I think only this game depicts women like this is completely wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. You're wrong. If you thought about reading up before posting your vehement but stupid content (come to think of it, 99% of the time someone does something and it's vehement, there's a degree of idiocy involved), then maybe you wouldn't have posted such a big blunder. I have already mentioned that other games have similar content, not to mention the games that this one rips their content off, there's plenty of female anatomy for all to see there too, don't worry. 

4: I don't think they need to wear full plate necessarily. Except maybe their new fire goddess of war. She's dressed atrociously and completely out of context for her position. They try to make it look like she's wearing armour the same way every game tries to, by giving her spiky, steel pauldrons and vambraces. That leaves space around the stomach, legs and chest for a bit of eye-candy whilst still making her look "at least one item of clothing away from a prostitute." A bit of common sense needs to be exercised with the artwork, because at the moment I have trouble calling it art.

5: Just because the word troll gets its word origins from cave dwelling creatures, doesn't mean I give a damn if you, or any other person who's dumb enough to argue the hard facts of my content call me that. Your English makes me think it's not even your first language and the irony is that your response is supposed to anger me, in which case you've done a good job. I don't know how dumb people get these days. Every generation, humans gain 100,000 brain cells so either you're really old or you're just the intellectual runt. Sure, if you're athletic or charismatic it can very easily make up for intelligence but an internet debate is not the place for a person like you.

Are we clear now?

EDIT: I might consider making this an official thread if enough people like you keep asking me the same, dumb questions. For now, most people are reading anything with my name on the front to see what I've said (some are in agreement, some not-so-much) so they should hopefully stumble upon this quick read before they post something stupid. Then again, you did make that comment about me exclusively thinking about this game so I could be wrong.

dudemanbroPosted on 2014-05-15 15:56:36 | Only view this user

Skip To » 23#

This post last edited By shane spafford at 2014-05-15 15:58:29
;;;;

Stop feeding his troll habits.;

He's always complaining about the women being scantily clad...SO WHAT????; If you don't like looking at it don't.

No one is forcing you to play this game, that game, or any other game.; So what if you think this game is garbage.

Alot of people know this game is P2W.; If you frickin enjoy the game you wouldn't care what ranking you were.; I've only spent 7 dollars on VIP and I'm still pretty high without ever getting any diamonds to help me along the way.

Grow the hell up.

;;; ladyglimmerz posted on 2014-01-20 23:41:38;;;;

You have GOT to be kidding.; Your head is so far deep in the sand you're shitting castles.

This game is a walking, breathing copyright infringement.

xzeusPosted on 2014-05-15 17:32:42 | Only view this user

Skip To » 24#

First, the content has to be copyrighted. Is anyone even positive that the so called pictures are even under copy right laws? And second, copyright laws are very distinct, so any minor changes do not qualify under these laws. Don't get me wrong, i completely agree, and say, "come up with your own original stuff." But hey, if it works, why not. I use to work for 3 of the largest timeshares in the world as a marketing rep. So i know what the, "take what you can get" motto means. Why pay a graphic designer 6 figures a year, when you van pay a 18 year old student to photo shop.

avinartorixPosted on 2014-05-15 19:13:41 | Only view this user

Skip To » 25#

LMAO ALL THESE GAMES ARE THE SAME MAN THEY JUST WANT Y CASH SO WHY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY SC REW US:)GTsham:)

avinartorixPosted on 2014-05-15 19:14:12 | Only view this user

Skip To » 26#

LMAO ALL THESE GAMES ARE THE SAME MAN THEY JUST WANT Y CASH SO WHY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY SC REW US:)GTsham:)