North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 501| Reply: 2

Plunder Chest Looting Suggestion

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
drog
User
Joined 2017-3-9
Last Visited 2017-11-02
Post time 2017-9-30 01:55:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
Plunder Chest Looting Suggestion Reply:2| View:501
So with tons of different ways to heavily increase your power now, the discrepancy between the strong and the weak in single server has become huge. This, in itself, is not a huge issue. I understand that those who put in the time and money will be way stronger than those who don't.

However the big differences in power can ruin the spirit of plunder. In my server, as I am sure happens in many servers, a stronger character will join a lower plunder room and just stand on a chest, knowing that no one in that room is anywhere near as strong as them, and therefore can do nothing about it. They can then get sometimes hundreds of kills in a single plunder just with this process until the weaker give up, and eventually stop going to plunder altogether. Which, when you start getting people to quit any event, they will slowly start falling off in total until they quit for good. In many cases, I have seen a strong character stand on a chest before the supreme chests show up just to ensure those people in that plunder will never see the supreme chests.

I don't believe these people should ever be stopped from entering lower plunders, but I do believe this kind of behavior ruins the spirit of the game. Even with boss kills, the weak can steal a kill with a well timed attack. However, chests are unobtainable to the weak against the strong.

I don't know of a good way to avoid this entirely, but what if the chests slowly decreased in opening time after every attempt to open? That way eventually it could open nearly instantly and return the spirit to chest looting.

Another idea may be a guild power bonus. My guild, for instance, has had 20 people in one plunder vs one person with over 200 million BR stronger than the strongest of my guild. Maybe implement a bonus that adds attack and defense for each guild member in that plunder? Possibly incentivising guild active membership.

I know that there is a fourth friendly plunder. But that would then be suggesting again that one guild with the strongest people could take over all three plunders just by housing a single strong person in each pvp plunder.

Again, just suggestions. I just think the idea that a single person can own a team dynamic pvp means that something needs to be fixed.

Translate

drog Last edit in 2017-9-30 01:55:09

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
wulf88
User
Joined 2017-5-19
Last Visited 2019-11-08
Post time 2017-9-30 06:18:27 | Show all posts
Dear player,

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

I totally understand that a strong player has the ability to abuse his power to lower plunders.
I will not say though that this behaviour is allowed by the game itself, as I should.
Instead, I will focus on your problem. I will forward your suggestions to the developers, and also comment on the things you have written.

We always knew that something had to be done with Plunder, since it is one of the main features of the game, one that can give lots of treasures equally to the whole server not once, but three times a day. Now that the Emerald resource enhanced its value through the Array system as well, Plunder has become even more important for a player's overall strength.

There were problems with guilds abusing their power, or simply the 3 strongest guilds securing their spot in each of the rooms, so everyone else who were not in these 120 people, was doomed and could not really loot many chests, unless of course there wasn't much activity.

The problem that you are presenting is much worse than the above. And to be honest, it cannot be punished as well. The only way to deal with a player abusing his power like that is to try and talk some sense into him/her, or try and have some kind of agreement inbetween guilds. I am sure that the most respected Guild Leaders would agree with that idea, as they should know that such actions ''kill'' a server.

We took a step further and faced this problem, at least to some extent. This happened with the release of the 4th Plunder room, which only allows peace, thus everyone has a chance to either loot lots of chests, be it normal or Supreme, and even kill a boss with an equal chance as the rest of the players in that room, irrespective of their BR.

I do believe that some more adjustments are needed to be made in terms of the Plunder rooms, and I understand your concerns. Limiting strong players to higher Plunder rooms based on their rank can be a solution, but will not solve the matter completely.

I believe what you suggested is a very good counter to that, which I will also forward to the developers. Five players of 300m BR should be able to kill a 500m person when they all fight next to each other against him.
This example above is exactly what you suggested, and we also implemented that for the Fellowship Wars in the past, which I considered a huge success to the game's coding.

Regards,
Wulf
Translate
Floor reply (0)

wulf88 Last edit in 2017-9-30 06:18:27

Support 1

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kmopkmop
User
Joined 2017-4-16
Last Visited 2020-09-24
Post time 2017-9-30 06:01:24 | Show all posts
One person can't open a supreme chest no matter how strong he is. If your guild really has 20 players then there should be at least 1-2 people that can harass that strong person for hours preventing him from opening that chest until the plunder gets unlocked. And when he finally manages to open it with the help of other guildmates he will only get this one chest and nothing more essentially skipping the plunder. Do this a couple times and he'll go back to his own plunder. Unless of course you provide him with some other entertainment in the form of tears and complaints.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kmopkmop Last edit in 2017-9-30 06:01:24

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-23 19:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057547 second(s), 38 queries .