North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Support
42049 Threads / 241120 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 6391| Reply: 7

[FAQ] All new Mini-Client problems and solutions in 1 post!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
oririus
User
Joined 2015-12-30
Last Visited 2021-03-04
Post time 2017-10-13 10:30:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
[FAQ] All new Mini-Client problems and solutions Reply:7| View:6391
Edited by oririus at 2017-10-13 03:34

Welcome to this New Mini-Client FAQ!
Within this thread, let's all try to LIST/COLLECT all the PROBLEMS + their SOLUTIONS regarding the new Mini-Client that GTA released in october 2017. Whether it is a small or a big problem, we'll add it to this FAQ. So yes, kindly help us all providing your solutions to the problems people might be having with the new mini-client and I will try to update this post asap with your solution/fix!
NOTES:
- I will try to update this post whenever new issues and fixes to those issues are up!
- Mini-Client will be simply referred to as 'MC' or just 'mc' within this thread.
- Yes, you CAN post your problem/issue with your mc within this thread.
- Try using the find-function (CTRL+F on Win / COMMAND+F on Mac) to find the relevant solution/issue.
- Q = Question. A = Answer.

Let's go!

Q: Where can I download the newest MC?!
A: Here: https://www.gtarcade.com/en/micro/download?game_id=39
NOTE: As you can see, it requires you to have Windows 7 or later editions to run the new mc.

Q: HELP! I am still using Windows XP, how can I play on the new mc?!
A: You can't. If possible, upgrade your Windows to Windows 7 (click here for more information on that) - If you are using earlier editions of Windows than Win7, try playing LoA through Firefox. It's still one of the best all-around browsers for playing LoA due to its compatibilities, compared to IE, Chrome, Opera and Edge.

Q: Can you login with FB, Twitter, G+, Yahoo or WL through the new MC?
A: Yes, you can. Once you run the new mc, you will see the buttons at the bottom, as shown here (marked within the red square):

Once you click on i.e Twitter-button, a new window will popup (if it somehow doesn't, make sure you have Adblock disabled/whitelisted for this site and try again) where you can login, type in your details and it will automatically start and connect you to your server. If you clicked the wrong login-button (say you wanted Twitter-login, but you clicked g+), just hit the "X"-button to close the window and you will be returned back to the original mc login window.
Q: Error when running the new mc / installing the new mc: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." - HOW DO I FIX THIS?!
A: This is a MS Visual-problem. The missing DLL-file is installed with a Windows update. To resolve this issue, simply download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from Microsoft. After that is installed, try starting the new mc again.

Q: Oh no! My AV (antivirus) program detected the mc as a virus! Should I remove it?
A: Relax. The new mc is NOT a virus nor does it contain virus(es)! It's an OFFICIAL release. You can safely run the mc, but if your AV decides to be difficult about it, just whitelist the new mc in your AV program and you should be good to go. AV programs such as Norton, Avast, AVG and McAfee are all known to cause this rather annoying problem, but luckily, it's easily fixable by googling i.e "whitelist a program in norton" and then follow the instructions.

Q: I tried installing the new mc on my Windows 10 PC/laptop, but I get the error-message "This app can't run on your PC". What do I do?
A: Most likely, you are trying to download/run it through IE/Edge, which somehow causes this error. Try downloading the new mc through either Chrome or Firefox and then install it.

Q: I thought this new mc would fix in-game bugs, but my dragonsouls, synthing gems AND/OR inventory still takes <insert minutes/hours/days here>!! Why?!
A: Well, this is not the new mc's fault, actually. The reason it takes forever to load is because you simply have WAAAY too many dragonsouls / gems / stuff in your inventory. Just use them up and you will see that it WILL be loading quicker for you. Example: Chances are that you're stuck with 100+ pages of dragonsouls, which is bound to make the game to load for a long time. It takes time AND patience to use up the dragonsouls until you're down to 5~10 pages of dragonsouls only, but it's totally worth the time. Try it and you will see that it WILL be loading stuff a bit faster.

---
More issues and solutions will be added as they come. Again; please feel free to help expanding this FAQ even more with your solutions regarding the new mc. Thank you in advance, good luck and enjoy LoA!

Translate

oririus Last edit in 2017-10-13 10:30:51

Support

IGN: Orius - Server: Seingal 1247 - Platform: GTA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leisurex2
User
Joined 2017-7-18
Last Visited 2021-04-11
Post time 2017-10-13 11:04:32 | Show all posts
Well when the new MC is working, i.e. not shutting down on its own or not loading the next screen(inventory, etc) It is very smooth and I can see the whole area (not cut-off from the top or sides). My biggest issue is the constant (every 5-10minutes) shutting down and me missing out on gold rewards from world boss and gauntlet tonight. I finally switched to firefox to finish gauntlet and missed out on 400mil dmg that I normally get.

Avarenus
Starfall(1393)
gtarcade
Translate
Floor reply (0)

leisurex2 Last edit in 2017-10-13 11:04:32

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
x
User
Joined 2014-7-1
Last Visited 2020-08-01
Post time 2017-10-13 11:21:19 | Show all posts
mine doesnt even connect to internet...manually added to firewall exclusions..no use..
Translate
Floor reply (0)

x Last edit in 2017-10-13 11:21:19

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nightwalker
User
Joined 2014-9-10
Last Visited 2018-06-18
Post time 2017-10-13 19:56:58 | Show all posts
this client use more memory than photoshop and corel draw together ???? I think this client no future
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • agreed, uses way too much memory, plus if you are trying to run 2 accts with same login (compliments of mergers) new mini client keeps shutting down or switching to other account online via browser. I.E, login ign "A" via mini client, login ign "B"  via Chrome, mini client freezes and then changes from  "A" to "B"  and "B" on chrome crashes.  ign  kaos ua185   da mn ed if i know what platform to use now
    Translate
    2017-10-14 13:00  Reply
  • ok, finally got an older mini client back up and running that, so far, is not conflicting with new mini client while running 2 accts on same server with matching login.  Think as more mergers take place devs will have to address problems of multiple accts with matching logins on same server.
    Translate
    2017-10-14 13:13  Reply

nightwalker Last edit in 2017-10-13 19:56:58

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andrew england
User
Joined 2014-3-12
Last Visited 2021-01-11
Post time 2017-10-17 17:27:38 | Show all posts
where are the fb servers in the client as i would like to try my account on it but cant seem to find them in it
Translate
Floor reply (0)

andrew england Last edit in 2017-10-17 17:27:38

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
emseven
User
Joined 2018-1-12
Last Visited 2021-02-16
Post time 2018-8-31 23:16:35 | Show all posts
GTarcade mini-client installs and loads in background, logs into game server, but no game window.  Shows icon in task bar, but no game window.   So I delete the whole game and reinstall, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Some days must play most of my game in regular browser.  Hit and miss.    <now>   I have a second computer at another location where the mini-client runs flawlessly.   Seeking advice on troubleshooting first computer.  Only advice I can find is remove GTarcade folders and reinstall, but again, this doesn't always solve the problem.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

emseven Last edit in 2018-8-31 23:16:35

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bob smith_5305
User
Joined 2015-12-24
Last Visited 2019-01-08
Post time 2018-9-1 07:31:14 | Show all posts
when i try to start os client exclamation box pops up with a language other than english and an ok button?also cannot find where to collect points except by recharging.isthat the only way?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

bob smith_5305 Last edit in 2018-9-1 07:31:14

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
thatseason
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2017-11-20
Last Visited 2019-04-02
Post time 2018-9-1 10:15:26 | Show all posts
Hello there,

If there are any problem/issue/error in using the client, it is advised that you created a new thread that should include your IGN, server, issue description and un-cropped screenshots.

Thanks.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

thatseason Last edit in 2018-9-1 10:15:26

Support

Please provide IGN, Server, Platform and any necessary screenshot(s) in your report. Issue regarding Recharge will require your transaction ID.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-18 05:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063257 second(s), 47 queries .