North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Bugs
16677 Threads / 76234 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 630| Reply: 4

Will Server Merge Outage be Compensated?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sirtoran
User
Joined 2015-12-28
Last Visited 2020-05-27
Post time 2017-10-22 10:41:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Will Server Merge Outage be Compensated? Reply:4| View:630
I am Toran, formerly of RoseKnight (S5), but now ua279.  When our server was merged (without being on the merge list provided), we had been told it would be down for two hours.  Subsequent forum updates said an additional hour or more.  It was a full day later before we could access our new server.  In my experience over the nearly four years I have been playing, most of the time when an issue impacts an entire server compensation for lost play is provided, and usually it is fair.  So far, no compensation has been offered for the loss of the smelting event (which I always use, despite significant limits on what is offered), the full day's loss of Angel Party (and reset of the party's level), or the loss of daily rewards.  There was a one day event to welcome people to the new server, but it was compensation for merging the servers, not the additional full day of losses.  Will we receive anything for that lost day and events, or are we just out of luck and should be glad it wasn't two days?  We also had a day that did not refresh attempts on our daily events, which also hasn't had any offering of compensation.  Are you waiting until after tycoon to compensate (to avoid biasing tycoon towards our little server), or is this not considered worthy of comp?  I would greatly like to know what to expect going forward.
Translate

sirtoran Last edit in 2017-10-22 10:41:30

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
meadowsweetfm
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2016-12-28
Last Visited 2019-07-25
Post time 2017-10-22 11:31:22 | Show all posts
Hello. All servers were down for about the same amount of time for the merge, and received the same amount of comp and also had the same resets. We aren't sure where you heard 2 hours, however most merges end up taking approx 4-8 hours, and longer if there are issues, or if something happens that causes a delay.

Smelting is a returning event, and the loss of a single event is minimal, as those same resources will be available to you in the next event. Unless your server had a level 6/7/8/9 party, there really isnt too much of a loss from AP, except using the shells, which will also be available to use in about a month during the next AP. At this time, there is no secondary comp being offered.

Please note as with all things, final adjustments are made in game at the time of the update,merge, and events.
Translate
Floor reply (4)
  • I appreciate the information (I understand your point about smelting, and can accept that even if I don't like it), but not everyone in the game was down for a full day.  I tried logging in at 8 AM server time, got the 502 gateway error. I tried logging in several more times during the day, even up to 11 PM server time. You mentioned 4-8 hours and all servers being down the same amount of time, but I know many servers were not down a full day.  I feel like the length of time issue was not addressed.
    Translate
    2017-10-23 00:15  Reply
  • 4-8 h??? what about 18h in server merge game321???
    Translate
    2017-10-23 00:31  Reply
  • all the servers for merge on game321 platform was out of service more then 18h!
    Translate
    2017-10-23 00:34  Reply
  • redsneakers 

Sr. Player Moderator

Apologies but you have to go to your own platform support with that complaint, we don't handle game321 issues unfortunately
    Translate
    2017-10-23 20:03  Reply

meadowsweetfm Last edit in 2017-10-22 11:31:22

Support

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sirtoran
User
Joined 2015-12-28
Last Visited 2020-05-27
 Author| Post time 2017-10-23 20:00:25 | Show all posts
I appreciate the response, but I don't think it is accurate.  The server wasn't down 4-8 hours, it was down for a full day (I checked periodically).  What is doubly troublesome in my case is my server (S5 RoseKnight) wasn't included on the merge list (you listed it as Mornwind), so I missed a DW that was scheduled for that day.  I get that you don't compensate individuals for an event like that, but it wasn't a minor inconvenience of a few hours, it was a full day.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

sirtoran Last edit in 2017-10-23 20:00:25

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
redsneakers
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2016-1-28
Last Visited 2021-03-31
Post time 2017-10-23 20:13:26 | Show all posts
Just to clear the misunderstanding of the timing, all of the merged servers went down mistakenly at first almost 12h before the planned merge timing, but they weren't down for more than an hour or two at most,
now if you didn't clear cache at the point it was fixed you unfortunately might not have been able to login again for quite some time, which might explain why you perceive the merge to have taken that much time, make any sense to you?
Again, we offer you apologies for the inconvenience but that is all we have to offer at this point, truly sorry
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • I appreciate the response, but it just doesn't reflect what happened. I cleared my cache and couldn't get back in, and I wasn't alone.  That you weren't even aware of this extended outage is kinda scary, and explains why we were ignored on this.
    Translate
    2017-10-30 21:15  Reply

redsneakers Last edit in 2017-10-23 20:13:26

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sirtoran
User
Joined 2015-12-28
Last Visited 2020-05-27
 Author| Post time 2017-10-27 19:36:09 | Show all posts
Your explanation makes sense, but it still doesn't cover my specific case of the 502 Gateway error.  I cleared my cache and was still unable to log in until the next day (I was still trying to log in close to the reset time of my server).  I know I wasn't the only one on my server (and I think it was everyone on all three servers), so I had erroneously expected it would be compensated for the extended outage.  I appreciate your reply, and I know this isn't your call to make anyway.  I am just frustrated with the inconsistencies and generally poor service offered if the issue doesn't impact a large server or reach a certain value.  I have no idea what it takes on that side to issue comp, so maybe I just don't understand the expense and hassle required to relieve the frustration on my side.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

sirtoran Last edit in 2017-10-27 19:36:09

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-18 20:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055218 second(s), 41 queries .