North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 2810| Reply: 23

Alliance Hopping for DW and Tycoon

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
justhereee
User
Joined 2017-1-15
Last Visited 2019-07-22
Post time 2018-1-14 09:34:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Alliance Hopping for DW and Tycoon Reply:23| View:2810
Edited by nγχ at 2018-1-14 10:11

Hi all,

I know some of the veterans and high BR folks who will see this post will already know this occurs, but I want to talk about the fact that people hop between alliances to do Demonic War 3 or more times during a single DW cycle, so they can get even more gold points in SS Tycoon. Of course you have to have a certain amount of connections between alliances and have multiple parties willing to let you do this, but this honestly seems like a rather egregious abuse of the system to me (And some other folks I've discussed this with). You already get huge piles of gold from DW that make ranking high in SS Tycoon next to impossible for someone with low BR* unless they cash out substantially (which defeats the purpose of adding gold to Tycoon in the first place) and the maximum one can get is usually 2 times within a single Tycoon, since that's the way the DW cycle plays out. Alliance hopping for the sake of getting in more DW piles of gold to get millions (yes millions) of Tycoon points from gold alone seems to defeat the spirit of the alliance system (being a community to grow, learn and develop cross-server and become more competitive as a player by learning from stronger players--not a bunch of places you oscillate between on a daily basis out of "convenience". It should be a semi-permanent home if not permanent while you're in the game) and the purpose of having gold a part of tycoon at all. I remember how much people complained about gold not being in Tycoon a while back and initially, I agreed with arguments from folks who said it was unfair to non-cashers to not include Gold. But, as we go through more and more Tycoons, it seems that the highest-ranking people are cashers who abuse the gold system in this way, via Alliance Hopping, so it just gives them an even bigger, albeit unintentional edge in Tycoon rankings. It also means the same people on a particular server always get the Top 3, even Top 10 rewards and shut everyone else out just by amassing gold through this abuse. I know a few who like to abuse it to ensure they and their "friend(s)" control the Tycoon rankings themselves by taking them with them hopping. It's just not fun and honestly what the point of participating if that's what's going on? That's the sentiment I see spreading nowadays.

I don't want devs to remove Gold from Tycoon. I think the problem lies in A) how points are not capped for gold when this abuse is possible and B) the system is such that this abuse is possible regardless. But it goes on and people do not really talk about it; rather, some folks have accepted it as the way it is, or envy others and aspire to do it themselves. So I've made the poll to see if any of you on this forum have issues with the fact that this is going on, to see if maybe I'm in the minority here lol. I'm not trying to call everyone who does it evil or a bad person I'm just saying it's an unfair abuse of the system, and I want to highlight what I see as a recurring problem (monthly recurring in fact).

Of course if you have more comments add them to this thread! I welcome it whether you hate that this is going on or love it.

Nyx - editted the poll to include a correct 4th option
Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 2 choices ), Total 88 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote

justhereee Last edit in 2018-1-14 09:34:19

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
xomaloa
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2016-7-28
Last Visited 2018-11-16
Post time 2018-1-14 09:46:57 | Show all posts
Edited by xomaloa at 2018-1-14 09:54

It is not possible to do more than 1 DW during a cycle! you can get 2-3 during a Tycoon depending on when the Cycle starts/ends and when Tycoon starts/ends. BUT YOU CAN NOT DO MORE THAN 1 DW IN A SINGLE DW CYCLE!
How about you make a 4th vote, as in it can not be done!

Xoma
Translate
Floor reply (4)
  • well people made a 4th vote so have at it !
    Translate
    2018-1-14 10:04  Reply
  • people didn't made 4th vote , it's a mod who did that and that 4th is more likely the answer in 2018
    Translate
    2018-1-15 02:55  Reply
  • elfmaiden 

Jr. Player Moderator

Translate
    2018-2-23 15:21  Reply
  • Ωsiris 

Jr. Player Moderator

Found!
    Translate
    2018-2-24 03:26  Reply

xomaloa Last edit in 2018-1-14 09:46:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kilina
User
Joined 2015-8-19
Last Visited 2019-01-18
Post time 2018-1-14 09:51:28 | Show all posts
Edited by kilina at 2018-1-14 10:22

If it were possible to do more than 1 DW in a single 4 day cycle I would have 8 alts with their own DW and I would do DW 2 times every day. I have yet to see anyone be able to get 12 million gold points in a single Tycoon, because that is what you are saying is possible.
Translate
Floor reply (2)

kilina Last edit in 2018-1-14 09:51:28

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
nγχ
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-8-19
Last Visited 2019-01-05
Post time 2018-1-14 09:53:50 | Show all posts
Let me state this once and for all for the people in the back who still havent gotten the memo

YOU CAN ONLY DO ONE DW PER DW PERIOD.

It doesnt matter if you go to 8 diferent allainces after you hit in the first one it will not let you hit in any subsiquent ones. People like myself leave because its not fair on smaller people in allaince when we can one shot and take all the bosses so we run ONE DW solo to increase our own gold and help our smaller ally memembers.

SO CAN WE FINALLY PUT THIS STUPID NONSENCE TO BED.

TO SAY IT ONCE AGAIN FOR THOSE IN THE BACK NO MATTER HOW MANY ALLAINCES YOU HOP TO YOU CAN ONLY HIT IN ONE PER CYCLE

I hope this clears it up and everyone can stop crying over an issue that doesnt exsist in reality... only in the minds of those who want to cry cheating and are to lazy to go do it solo.

Nyx
Translate
Floor reply (5)

nγχ Last edit in 2018-1-14 09:53:50

Support

It's time to let natural selection take effect... remove all warning labels and let nature sort the rest out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
justhereee
User
Joined 2017-1-15
Last Visited 2019-07-22
 Author| Post time 2018-1-14 10:01:32 | Show all posts
Edited by justhereee at 2018-1-14 10:14

Well if it's not possible then nevermind I guess? I hear people who plan on doing it every time and they get high scores so if it's not possible then I suppose they are full of hot air?
EDIT: Also to clarify I'm not low BR who's mad at the way DW's themselves run, obviously it's best to get as high a boss as possible and go from there and higher BR folks can do that ... and I'm usually one of the people who take it as far as possible so yeah. I was just worried that hopping was a thing because if so, wow that would be bad lol
Translate
Floor reply (0)

justhereee Last edit in 2018-1-14 10:01:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
nγχ
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-8-19
Last Visited 2019-01-05
Post time 2018-1-14 10:05:58 | Show all posts
Yes they are full of hot air... show me there gold scores from this tycoon im over 1.6mil points from gold alone on 2 dw...

It is possible to get high gold scores from running it solo... its not possible to run more then one time per cycle... If you had tried this you would have known and every damn player who can one shot the boss would be doing it 8 times per cycle for the points alone
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • There was no way I was going to try it, I like the ally I'm in right now and don't want to leave for the sake of trying out some (alleged ofc) bs abuse of the system that I have a problem with anyway. I see now though that if it WERE possible, the abuse would be astronomical -- as you and someone above pointed out.
    Translate
    2018-1-14 10:16  Reply
    Translate
    2018-4-3 09:23  Reply

nγχ Last edit in 2018-1-14 10:05:58

Support

It's time to let natural selection take effect... remove all warning labels and let nature sort the rest out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sun ce
User
Joined 2014-12-8
Last Visited 2020-04-07
Post time 2018-1-14 10:41:06 | Show all posts
Edited by sun ce at 2018-1-14 02:42

I don't always agree with nyx (as she well knows) but 100% back the reply and addition of the correct answer in this poll.

Rumours are abundant in this game about possible abuses, and sometimes they have some founding, but the one regarding alliance hopping to do DW every day is a myth that never seems to die. Partly this is because people like the OP don't simply ask if the rumour is true or not, but instead spread the rumour and keep presenting it as fact, even when they quickly admit that they have no idea if its true or not!

Translate
Floor reply (3)
  • It isn't rumor spreading if someone tells me they are doing it lol
    Translate
    2018-1-14 14:17  Reply
  • you heard to much from people , you have to do it and see for yourself and thats the real thing to explore in the magic world
    Translate
    2018-1-15 02:58  Reply
  • Reply justhereee :
    and actually 'rumour spreading' is exactly repeating what somebody else told you with no knowledge whether it if fact or fiction
    Translate
    2018-2-19 11:09  Reply

sun ce Last edit in 2018-1-14 10:41:06

Support

Bofu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ddodgers10
User
Joined 2016-9-19
Last Visited 2018-04-17
Post time 2018-1-14 12:15:30 | Show all posts
Thing here, this report should be shot down right away.  yes a person can jump alliances.  but they are not able to do more than one dw per cycle.  it will act like they are hitting but actually the player is swinging at air and the game will not "Will Not"  let them do any damage or anything like that.  it will tell them that they already played.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ddodgers10 Last edit in 2018-1-14 12:15:30

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
justhereee
User
Joined 2017-1-15
Last Visited 2019-07-22
 Author| Post time 2018-1-14 14:21:59 | Show all posts
I have a question actually. People in my server have been caught cheating and many top accounts (they were top at the time) got banned. If I suspect some legitimate foul play and could provide evidence, should I tip someone off? I know someone who got kicked for using unlimited diamonds cheats (and so did people in his guild who were likely using his same method) and tbh I'm not predisposed to just jumping to the conclusion that it's impossible to develop a cheat for it. If the code is such that it's *actually* impossible then yeah I and other folks on my server have just been lied to but given the history my server has... >_>
Translate
Floor reply (1)

justhereee Last edit in 2018-1-14 14:21:59

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
meadowsweetfm
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2016-12-28
Last Visited 2019-07-25
Post time 2018-1-14 14:37:07 | Show all posts
If you can support a claim of cheating, then by all means, make a thread, provide their info and any kind of proof that you may have, and we can have it checked. Please keep in mind that it should be more than just a player winning an event or 2, or even several different events fairly close together.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

meadowsweetfm Last edit in 2018-1-14 14:37:07

Support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-4-7 20:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080661 second(s), 54 queries .