North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1102| Reply: 5

Elemental resistance , how important and when ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
acarakic
User
Joined 2017-3-5
Last Visited 2019-01-10
Post time 2018-3-23 16:05:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
Elemental resistance , how important and when ? Reply:5| View:1102
Edited by acarakic at 2018-3-23 16:05

I know it's important and very hard to get nice el.res. I want know how much important and when important. Almost all players when start playing, me first. No matter fr. Lr and Ffr. important to have big HP,  ATTACK, ELEMENTAL ATTACK AND SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES. PLEASE EXPLAIN ME HOW BIG MISTAKE WE MADE WHEN IGNORE THAT IMPROVEMENT. THANKS
Translate

acarakic Last edit in 2018-3-23 16:05:49

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
wulf88
User
Joined 2017-5-19
Last Visited 2019-11-08
Post time 2018-3-23 17:15:23 | Show all posts
Dear acarakic,

Elemental Resistances are not as important as ATK or ELE stats.
PDEF and MDEF are more important because they reduce all the non-elemental damage, while Resistances reduce only the Elemental damage of the opponent, which is situational.

HP stat got a better value since the new updates, so it is up to you to decide whether it is worth it or not. My opinion is that Resistance stats have the lowest value out of all the base stats.

Regards,
Wulf
Translate
Floor reply (0)

wulf88 Last edit in 2018-3-23 17:15:23

Support

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
acarakic
User
Joined 2017-3-5
Last Visited 2019-01-10
 Author| Post time 2018-3-23 17:31:14 | Show all posts
Thanks mate, if you didn't noticed all morning you answer on my question, only me ask only you response. Thanks again
Translate
Floor reply (0)

acarakic Last edit in 2018-3-23 17:31:14

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nickname_71768508
User
Joined 2018-7-2
Last Visited 2019-07-17
Post time 2018-7-30 21:41:06 | Show all posts
I disagree.  As with most things, ele res has it's place and value in this game, and that value is determined by your current situation.   I've been playing with a situation on my server for a lil bit now.  The player in the position ahead of me in the Arena regularly has anywhere from 600M-1B BR more then me and otherwise we are a pretty fair match.  He has strengths where I don't, and vice versa, but all in all his stats are better then mine everywhere except the special stats where i have a slight advantage. And, when I make it so, an advantage in LR.  We are both Bladedancers.  When I do not, he shreds me.  But with the addition of LR emblems and their slight increase in my overall LR, the tables turn.  Resoundingly.  Over and over in the forum I see people dismiss the import of Ele stuff in the forum.  Balance is required.  If you do a build and ignore Ele Res. and find later that that is what is holding you down, then that suddenly is all important.  Just as when you decide that pumping your Hit, Crit, Dodge, Pierce, TDmg+, or CDR is the all important piece.  Balance must be achieved.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

nickname_71768508 Last edit in 2018-7-30 21:41:06

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
wulf88
User
Joined 2017-5-19
Last Visited 2019-11-08
Post time 2018-7-31 01:10:29 | Show all posts
Edited by wulf88 at 2018-7-30 19:26

Dear player,

I am a proponent of balance myself, but as we do not have infinite capital in our credit cards, one has to ask him/herself where exactly to focus on by consuming diamonds and money.

Through my numerous tests I have found that HP and Resistances play the least important role in a fight, HP solely because of its function, and Resistances because of their limited usefulness as a reducer of situational damage but also limited exponential provision from the game itself.

This is DarkQueen, an end-game character in EU that has incredible levels of optimization. She has surely unlocked most of the things adding her Resistances, and even if Resistances act as direct reducers to damage, the game simply cannot amplify them enough to make a real difference.

Magical and Physical defense are also reducers, but can be gained at a much higher scale, and do not forget that they act as reducers to the definite source of damage which is ATK. To make Resistances equivalent, I would have to say that you would have to have the ability to increase them to at least double the P/Mdef values, and as you see from the above screenshot of an end-game character, the Resistance values have only reached one third of the Defense ones. Even if that character focused on Resistances, there is no way they could reach satisfactory values.

To actively increase Resistances, you would have to either customize your Armaments, Sky Emblems and achieve Grace levels that require an insane amount of spending for a regular character who wants to focus more on the more powerful features and save for those, not to mention the fact that you could replace any Resistance values with much more important statistics. Elemental damage as we said is situational, and as of currently is definitely not the main source of damage. Would you rather spend your resources now increasing your Resistances, or aim to increase other important base stats and rare attributes? The choice is yours to make, just make sure you have considered all of the above.

Regards,
Wulf
Translate
Floor reply (0)

wulf88 Last edit in 2018-7-31 01:10:29

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nickname_71768508
User
Joined 2018-7-2
Last Visited 2019-07-17
Post time 2018-7-31 11:40:09 | Show all posts
Wulf I will grant you, that at those levels, Ele Res. Does seem to become a non-issue.  But 90% of the players that I see on EST haven't developed beyond 10B let alone reaching "End Game" levels.  70% haven't seen 5B.  and yes, I am aware that BR is just a #.  But, it does provide a generalized idea of where a player is at.  And at these lesser levels, the import is then greater, in my experience.  And the last thing I'll say is this, it doesn't matter how big something is or becomes, it is the sum of all its little pieces.  Many consider a dishpit the least important part of a working restaurant.  And crippling it is probably the fastest and surest way I know of to shut one down.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

nickname_71768508 Last edit in 2018-7-31 11:40:09

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-6-13 12:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052056 second(s), 43 queries .