North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1505| Reply: 2

Events Strategy by Lowlet(HKT-1639)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
vita96
Team Lead
Joined 2017-6-1
Last Visited 2020-12-29
Post time 2019-1-29 20:18:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Events Strategy by Lowlet(HKT-1639) Reply:2| View:1505
Events Strategy
by Lowlet(HKT-1639)

Firstly, about me - I am a VIP8 player who has been playing for almost a year. So this is written for low VIP players and Free-to-Play players in mind. I’m currently ranked #3 in arena and able to beat players with higher BR. When I first started this game, I was clueless about the different events. I watched many youtube videos to find out which event was worth spending my diamonds. While some offered good advice, the truth is the game is constantly changing and events keep changing (what is available in store, the rewards etc). What is best for them may not be best for you.

Introduction
Every player is at a different stage in the game. For example, some new players do not have 3* metamorphs, some players already have all metamorphs and some maxed out. Hence, don’t listen to advice that say that one particular event is the best. So this guide will not tell you which event is the best, but teach you how to decide which is the best for you.

What Items should I focus on ?
  • In general, newly released features offer better value than older features. For example, mecha weapons offer better value than pets. The reason is simple, if its not better value, then players will not be incentivised to buy those new items. HOWEVER, when items are first released, the prices are usually too expensive. You need to wait till prices settle down. For example, mecha weapons were initially sold at 500 diamonds/frag. Then it was reduced to 300 diamonds / frag. Now its 300 diamonds / frag + free orange mount frags & 4* armament boxes.
  • In general, purple weapons are better value than orange weapons. For example, you can buy 4 3* metamorphs for the price of one 4* metamorph, and 4 3* metamorphs will give you more stats than 1 4* metamorph. Why is this? The game tries to let low VIP players have a chance to close the gap with higher VIP players.
  • Items/Weapons that boost Rare and Special stats are more valuable than items that just boost pure stats (eg. HP). There are other threads that discuss this in much more detail. But the bottom line is, don’t focus on BR but rather the Rare and Special Stats.

In summary, in order of best value to least value (in my opinion):
  • Mecha Weapons
  • Aegis Shield
  • Gods / Metamorphs/Wrath Aura Staff
  • Blue / Purple Mounts
  • Skywings
  • Wraithwing Amplify / Red Pets Affinity

Analysing Events
Look for an event that gives you the best bang for your buck. For example, brewfest gives you 2500 points for 2k diamonds (+ red pet frags). That is a 25% discount already (500/2000 = ¼). In brewfest there is also free purchase on 2 days. Free purchase usually gives an additional 10-20% discount. So in total that is a 35-45% discount. That is excellent value.

Look what is offered in the shop, and for how much . For example, in some events, the wrath aura staff is sold at 270/frag, in other events it is sold for 240/frag. It may seem small but thats more than a 10% price difference.

MYTH 1:
Save lots of diamonds (>100k) and wait for the ‘best’ event - When people say this, they are usually waiting for an event with a ‘consume diamonds’ rewards - for example, usually consume 100k and get a free orange mount. I disagree because mounts aren’t worth the 50k price tag and while mount divinity is pretty good, I don’t think it’s worth the price. My advice is to spend in events that give you the best value for your diamonds spent - that is usually around 35-40k diamonds for events with ranking but it depends on your server age. Newer servers need less diamonds for ranking while older serves need more diamonds.

Pro Tip 1: Don’t just spend whatever diamonds you have in a event. If you don’t have enough to get daily rank at the minimum, then save your diamonds instead.
Pro Tip 2: Try to aim for both daily and total rank rewards while spending the minimum amount. It doesn’t necessarily mean always aim for rank 99/100 or 499/500 but if you’re close to the rank #400, try to get the rewards for the 300-399 rank tier. This does mean that ideally you need to be online just before rank calculation time so you don’t lose out to others.
Pro Tip 3: Don’t spend on the first day of an event. People usually spend the most on the first day so its hardest to get a daily rank as compared to the rest of the days. It’s just the excitement of a new event and players who spend without thinking.
Pro Tip 4: If an event has free purchase, It’s usually better to spend on days with free purchase. Even if you need to spend more to get the daily rank, you still get better value as compared to spending on a day without free purchase. For example, you may need 10k to get a daily rank on a day without free purchase but 15k to get a daily rank on a day with free purchase. However on the free purchase day, you will get 20k worth of points (~10-20% more event points). HOWEVER, if you are purely aiming for the rank rewards, it may be better to spend on a non-free purchase day. For most players, spending on a free purchase day is still better.

Conclusion
Remember, like most games, players who recharge a lot will have an advantage in terms of diamonds. So if you are a VIP0 or VIP7, have realistic expectations and don’t expect to beat a VIP15 who has spent much much more money than you. But that does not mean that VIP means everything. In my experience, lots of players don’t know how to spend their diamonds wisely and hence the challenge is always trying to beat players who had a diamonds advantage (higher VIP). How to do this? Be disciplined in saving diamonds and only spending in the right events. I know I couldn’t cover everything in this guide but I hope it helps some players!

Best Events (at the moment)
  • Dimensional Hunt (for Mecha Weapon)
  • Brewfest (for Aegis shield)
  • Send/Receive Events (for 5* Metamorph)
  • Divine Beast Raid (on Free Purchase days).

Translate

vita96 Last edit in 2019-1-29 20:18:53

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
zpl
User
Joined 2018-9-19
Last Visited 2019-04-30
Post time 2019-2-5 19:16:51 | Show all posts
How much dias you need to get 80 piece of mech weapon on dimensional hunt?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

zpl Last edit in 2019-2-5 19:16:51

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ninjastyle
User
Joined 2018-4-6
Last Visited 2019-03-19
Post time 2019-2-5 22:23:56 | Show all posts
Dear Zpl,

This ultimately depends on how lucky you get. In dimensional hunt, you have a chance to trigger the mystery merchant who will sell you mecha weapons for 300 a piece. So the bottom price would be that of 24k diamonds for 80 fragments. However it is highly unlikely that you'd get all 80 fragments on your first mystery merchant, so the price will depend on how lucky you get. Also, it is good to remember that you will get 15 fragments from the Dimensional Hunt rankings, which gives the same rewards from #2 rank till rank 1000. I quite like this event personally, but ever since Mecha Weapons were included in Divine Beast raid, I have become one of those players left clinging to hope that they will come back They were a very good deal coupled with free purchase and Divine Beast ranking rewards.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Ninjastyle
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ninjastyle Last edit in 2019-2-5 22:23:56

Support

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-1-21 01:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050690 second(s), 37 queries .