North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 465| Reply: 5

Question/Opinions about MODS system

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bellagrace
User
Joined 2015-1-27
Last Visited 2019-08-05
Post time 2019-2-7 04:03:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
Question/Opinions about MODS system Reply:5| View:465
Ok this is random question and mostly getting opinions, what people are experiencing because some friends have experienced problems in game recently.  A player i know has had temper issues and gotten in to trouble as far as getting chat banned etc.  Overall not a bad person just had some bad times and came out in game which he was punhished for - cursing, calling bad names, and some worse stuff but not horrible.  I say all this because no halo over their head and we also had a MOD that had him temp banned and long chat ban.  The MOD quit but came back later to confess he targeted this player on purpose, didn't like him.  So basically, MODS have all the power and no way of getting around it, no fighting it, to have impartial person look into etc. - we as gamers are at their mercy with no consequences for anyone but us the players.  

We have no one to go to above MODS at all, tickets are routed to MODS.  Look I am not saying MODS are bad, ive chatted with some really nice ones but MODS can NOT have any BIAS at all.  MOST games MODS are put on DIFFERENT servers, not allowed to be involved in game they are MODS for.  Here members/players are cross servers and MODS are all in ONE guild.  

so my friend had started getting weird friend requests on social network as well as his family - they were strange and asked about it in PM to another player who somewhat admitted but no real proof and other player laughed about it.  Not funny when family involved but MODS did nothing, said they could do nothing which i believe.  We can't prove anything but scared the player so bad as he had kids, he wont play right now.  there is no way to prove anything right now (being looked into) but if MODS are able to play xserver - how can we fairly get any help?  How can you NOT be bias if you play in same game with same players?

My post may probably get deleted but I want us all to think about this.  Alot of us are adults, do have families and use social media - no there is no protection other than being careful but there is no management here in our game except the MODS who have all the control.  Even in LOA, there are MODS and there are GM's agove the MODS.  Can we or should be tolerate this?  Shouldn't we have a better system for harrassment problems then "no proof".  If anything the harrassing players should at least have had a week ban - hell ban both parties for a week if you can't proove it because if no consequences to any actions, why not do it again to someone else.

Food for thought and would like to hear others reaction or thoughts.

Please this is discussion so no names were used, please keep it the same.  Just want your thoughts on how we as players are governed compared to other games, how can we better our game and better system for player problems.  Should our problems/tickets be review by team instead of one person - should they be in one guild or more spread out. etc.
Translate

bellagrace Last edit in 2019-2-7 04:03:56

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
mug
User
Joined 2016-6-28
Last Visited 2019-02-11
Post time 2019-2-7 07:32:00 | Show all posts
Corruption is real and Prison Break has held it down since the start,Huge bias with the mods, you join their guild and you are protected but outsiders get cuffed and waterboarded.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

mug Last edit in 2019-2-7 07:32:00

Support

Mad Ugly Gangsta.....
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
r0wan
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2016-10-2
Last Visited 2019-10-15
Post time 2019-2-7 10:27:43 | Show all posts
Hi there,

As a mod I will reply some of your points here
MODS have all the power and no way of getting around it, no fighting it, to have impartial person look into etc. - we as gamers are at their mercy with no consequences for anyone but us the players.

No we don't any power at all what we do is report issues or complain along with supporting proof like screenshots and then Devs will look on them and they are the one who will on act on those reports.

tickets are routed to MODS.

Not all tickets are routed to us

so my friend had started getting weird friend requests on social network as well as his family - they were strange and asked about it in PM to another player who somewhat admitted but no real proof and other player laughed about it.  Not funny when family involved but MODS did nothing,

Its one of the reason why we highly discourage players to share their personal social media account, even sharing gaming account might risk of exposing your true identity to anyone. Its a basic rule that without proof Mods cannot report it as we will also be ask by Devs for such, What Mods can do is reminds everyone to be careful in sharing their FB, instagram or any social media account.

If anything the harrassing players should at least have had a week ban - hell ban both parties for a week if you can't proove it because if no consequences to any actions, why not do it again to someone else.

We urged player to grab a screenshots of any players harassing, saying offensive word only through those proof can a Devs act and impose penalties on any players.

Regards,

R0wan
Sr. Moderator

Translate
Floor reply (0)

r0wan Last edit in 2019-2-7 10:27:43

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ĴỮŞŦЖРЖР...
User
Joined 2016-6-12
Last Visited 2019-10-15
Post time 2019-2-9 05:10:22 | Show all posts
I wish I could type lmao by itself but the forum filter won't let me.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ĴỮŞŦЖРЖР... Last edit in 2019-2-9 05:10:22

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bellagrace
User
Joined 2015-1-27
Last Visited 2019-08-05
 Author| Post time 2019-2-11 02:23:01 | Show all posts
Rowan

I appreciate your input and i don't think either of us have solutions atm.  screenshots were taken but are sketchy like saying how ugly child was etc. nothing can be proven like i said but again, mods DO have all the power but will say the insulting party changed name and has been quiet ever since.  I know this person is an adult so they may have had 2nd thoughts on their actions but I still think that serious actions/questions should have more than one mod involved.  This situation was routed to a mod immediately and i feel it was serious.  If they are not taking it serious, that is pause for concern.  Social media was not shared but was able to find out media page for our guild at some point so knew who this person was because of it.  We are extremely careful who we allow in now to our page but the damage was done.  My post was to perhaps get some thought into the process and improve it.  Thank you for responding and i know there are good mods that care, we just want to make sure we do have a fair process.  
Translate
Floor reply (0)

bellagrace Last edit in 2019-2-11 02:23:01

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
izhari
User
Joined 2014-11-7
Last Visited 2019-08-27
Post time 2019-2-21 02:12:10 | Show all posts
I agree that some moderators that really care for the players but main problem is that whenever moderators inform the devs about certain bugs and all, sadly, devs don't really care about it. I already made few threads about updating WB since most players can't get a SINGLE hit. Adding DMG limit similar to Guild Boss event, should be a good idea. If not, Add ANOTHER TIMING for WB and yet if not, closed the BLOODY WB event or remove that bloody quests in weekly quest. And yet again, didn't listen.

MODS aren't the issue, its the devs and management. They should listen or understand the issue from players or from moderators.
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • yes, agree.
    Translate
    2019-3-2 22:54  Reply
  • was talking about a way more serious issue of harrassment in game and how the mod process works.  No player being judged for actions, should have it done by one individual mod - strict actions should go through process and have agreement.  We have mods all in one guild, this is serious concern.  They are human and you can not expect them to be unbiased when they play the same game, its just not possible.  The process needs to change seriously otherwise many of us may have to just leave and join game that has a more fair process.  No game out there with a guild system/server system allows mods to play on same servers/guilds etc.  In this way its a fair process.  The way this game is run is a little crazy and probably why many players dont stay very long.
    Translate
    2019-3-4 05:41  Reply

izhari Last edit in 2019-2-21 02:12:10

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2019-10-16 08:38 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076411 second(s), 43 queries .