North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Tavern
1071 Threads / 40586 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 2319| Reply: 33

[Forum Event] "I'm Irish, kiss me!!!" St Patrick's Day traditions

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
loa 1 events
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2018-1-31
Last Visited 2021-01-17
Post time 2019-3-17 03:29:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
[Forum Event] "I'm Irish, kiss me!!!" Reply:33| View:2319
Edited by loa 1 events at 2019-3-18 03:34

March 17, the date of St Patrick's death, is celebrated by millions all over the world and has become one of the most popular cultural events worldwide. There are a large number of customs and traditions associated with St Patrick's Day, some religious, some related to people who celebrate being Irish for the day (even if they have no connection with Ireland).  The Wearing of the Green and the Blessing of The Shamrock, the Holy Day of Obligation, the drinking of green beer and the coloring of the food in green, festivals and parades, listening of traditional Irish music, - these are just a few to enumerate and consider. St. Patrick’s Day, packed with parades, good luck charms, and all things green, started as a religious holiday, but has become over time a celebration of the Irish culture. Let's also celebrate the day together and throw our blessings and good wishes towards the ones we love and care of in the traditional Irish way.
"May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, / And nothing but happiness come through your door." – Irish Blessing
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

How to participate in event? All you have to do is to follow these steps here:

a) tell us which is your favourite festival or celebration, over the year, and briefly explain or give a reason for your choice; tell us about one specific or special tradition of yours or of your family for the celebration you chose; you can add a picture or a photo (case in which do not forget to add on it or on a piece of paper attached to it, your IGN, server name and number, platform);

b) take a photo of the St. Patrick’s Day celebration in real life (it can be you or someone in your family dressing up in green or wearing green accessories, eating traditional Irish food, attending parades, hanging out with friends in the pub, going dancing, listening for traditional Irish music - anything related to St Paddy's Day celebration) etc., and post it here; do not forget it is compulsory to add your data (IGN, server name and number, platform) on it or on a piece of paper attached to or placed next to it;

c) post a "blessing", in the Irish style, for one member of your family, for a friend or anyone you want, in real life or in game; it can be a blessing created by you or one already you know about or you use; create a card, a poster, anything similar and write down your blessing on that (again, it is compulsory to add your IGN, server name and number, platform, on this as well).

RULES:
  • Reply telling us which is your favourite festival or celebration out there and briefly explain or justify your choice. Tell us, also, which is that special tradition of yours or of your family for the celebration you chose.
  • Show us, in a photo, how you decided to celebrate St Patrick's Day out there, in real life.
  • If you come with a picture or a photo, do not forget to add your data on it or on a piece of paper you attach to it.
  • Post your blessing (written on a card, a poster, or anything similar) for one of your family member or for a friend, or for anyone you choose in your real life or in game.
  • It is compulsory to post your IGN, server name and number, platform, on BOTH your creation/s (photos or pictures; card/poster/etc) and in the post.
  • It is also compulsory to solve ALL three parts of the event to be eligible for a reward.
eg. [your reply, your creation/s, your photo/picture/s]
     IGN:GreenLeprechaun
     Server: ShamRock(1703)-GMT
     Platform: GTarcade
  • You can participate only once per forum account and IGN, so choose wisely which of your characters you want to participate with.
  • Only replies posted within the event duration will be counted.
  • Spamming and unrelated replies to the topic/s of the event will be deleted.
  • Swearing, insults, vulgar language, bad or rude words, any copycat reply, are not permitted/allowed and using them will result in deletion of the post and the ban of the forum account for the duration of the event.
  • Do not forget to add your IGN, server name and number, platform on both your creation/s and in your post, in the thread.

DURATION:
Start: 17th of March
End: 20th of March      

REWARDS:
ALL rewards will be sent when event ends, within a few days after. All participants who meet the requirements of the event and follow the rules of it will receive a participation reward.

Which of these traditions would you "adopt" and follow for St Paddy's Day celebration?
Single Polls, Total 34 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote

loa 1 events Last edit in 2019-3-17 03:29:56

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
hendyputra84
User
Joined 2016-5-6
Last Visited 2020-09-23
Post time 2019-3-17 16:18:02 | Show all posts
Edited by hendyputra84@rocketmail.com at 2019-3-17 19:18

My favourite celebration would be new year eve, cause that day i also have my birthday party celebrate by people all around the globe lol

Happy Wedding day to my friend diana

IGN: Barbatos
Server: ub51 (Gertrude 1315)
Platform: GTA

Translate

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Floor reply (1)

hendyputra84 Last edit in 2019-3-17 16:18:02

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
dyllan vega
User
Joined 2016-5-5
Last Visited 2021-01-17
Post time 2019-3-17 16:37:32 | Show all posts
Edited by dyllan vega at 2019-3-18 11:06

CANTIQ
1418-PST
GTA
a. In my country Indonesia, has many interesting cultural festivals to follow. One of my favorite festivals is PASOLA.

Pasola is a mounted spear-fightingcompetition from western Sumba, Indonesia. It is played by throwing wooden spearsat the opponent while riding a horse to celebrate the rice-plantingseason. The word pasola means spear in the local language and derivesfrom the Sanskirt sula. According to legend, pasola originatedwith a woman from the village of Waiwuang. When her husband – a local leader –left home for an extended period, she believed him to be dead and eloped with anew lover from another village. After her husband returned, the woman stillchose to stay with her new lover, and the two were married. To forget theirleader's sadness, the people of Waiwuang held the festival of pasola.Originally the participants rode horses and threw spears at each other in anattempt to spill blood to the ground, as a way of thanking the ancestors for asuccessful harvest and ensuring another prosperous rice harvest. The ritual changed over time into more of a mock battle. The speartips are now blunt and their metal tips removed. Whereas it was once consideredan honour to die during pasola, only accidental deaths occasionally occurtoday.

Translate

x
Floor reply (2)

dyllan vega Last edit in 2019-3-17 16:37:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
casto.sanz
User
Joined 2018-2-9
Last Visited 2021-01-22
Post time 2019-3-17 18:08:15 | Show all posts
Edited by casto.sanz at 2019-3-18 23:24

ign casto platform facebook   server towerofkings 1353

My favorites celebration is just in San Patrick´s time...... howewer in Spain, in VALENCIA zone, we enjoy SAN PATRICKS AND SAN JOSHEP!!
SAn Joseph´s celebration is FALLAS we enjoy a lot , Currently, this festival has become a very important tourist attraction, since in addition to being cataloged as a festival of International Tourist Interest, in November 2016 Unesco inscribed them on its Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.1 festivities are also called josefinas fiestas or festes de Sant Josep (in Valencian), since they are celebrated in honor of San José, patron of the carpenters, which was a guild very widespread in the city when they began to be held at the end of the 19th century, and that it has conserved up to now, given the importance of the furniture industry in the region. Howewer we celebrrate San Patrick´s one night and we put ourselves biggest green hats, haven´y eveer seen, and enjoy drinkin´ dozens of irish beers.

They usually have satirical character on current issues. The faults usually consist of a figure or central composition of several meters in height, the largest exceed 30 meters (exactly the fault Na Jordana 2001, with 33 meters, was the highest and voluminous in history) surrounded by numerous figures of cardboard, plasticine, stone, polyurethane (material that in recent years is being replaced by more modern ones such as expanded polystyrene, lighter and moldable), supported by a wooden frame. They include signs written in Valencian explaining the meaning of each set, always with a critical and satirical sense.The Falleros Artists are dedicated throughout the year to make the monuments that the different commissions of Valencia and the towns of the city hire, which promotes the creation of employment. The children's faults are planted on March 15 and the big faults on March 16, the day on which the party officially begins. The act in which the fault is burned is called the cremà (the burning) and takes place on March 19, the day of Saint Joseph (Sant Josep), the patron of the Fallas festivals.As a complement to the signs, some commissions carry out the "llibret of satire", in which the content of the fault is explained by satirical verses. This genre began in the nineteenth century with the Swedish author Bernat i BaldThey usually have satirical character on current issues. The faults usually consist of a figure or central composition of several meters in height, the largest exceed 30 meters (exactly the fault Na Jordana 2001, with 33 meters, was the highest and voluminous in history) surrounded by numerous figures of cardboard, plasticine, stone, polyurethane (material that in recent years is being replaced by more modern ones such as expanded polystyrene, lighter and moldable), supported by a wooden frame. They include signs written in Valencian explaining the meaning of each set, always with a critical and satirical sense.The Falleros Artists are dedicated throughout the year to make the monuments that the different commissions of Valencia and the towns of the city hire, which promotes the creation of employment. The children's faults are planted on March 15 and the big faults on March 16, the day on which the party officially begins. The act in which the fault is burned is called the cremà (the burning) and takes place on March 19, the day of Saint Joseph (Sant Josep), the patron of the Fallas festivals.
And the third question i put and irish blesseing of all my home to all my family

Translate

x
Floor reply (2)

casto.sanz Last edit in 2019-3-17 18:08:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
zarko.pavleski
User
Joined 2016-3-4
Last Visited 2021-01-22
Post time 2019-3-17 21:34:35 | Show all posts
    а)My favorite celebration is 1st may international workers day on this day in our country Macedonia ppl do picnic and barbecue greel and drinking bear ofcorse

b)St patricks day selebration

c)a blessing

IGN:zina

server:uc26

platform:FB

Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

zarko.pavleski Last edit in 2019-3-17 21:34:35

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
hanibal
User
Joined 2016-4-11
Last Visited 2021-01-20
Post time 2019-3-17 21:40:07 | Show all posts
For me are always irish days, because i love irish music and make it by myself.
Im not from ireland, but living in the middle of europa.

I know thats not really what you want to see, but this important for me. I dont post another thread to this event. So i hope its good for you.

Hanibal/Minnie
Liberators 1420
GTArcade

Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

hanibal Last edit in 2019-3-17 21:40:07

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ijuuull
User
Joined 2019-2-28
Last Visited 2019-07-17
Post time 2019-3-17 22:16:47 | Show all posts
Edited by ijuuull at 2019-3-17 23:45

a> my favorit celebration is Panjat Pinang, one of the oldest, most popular traditions in Indonesia.

Panjat Pinang is a very unique way of celebrating Indonesia’s Independence Day. Every year, in towns and villages around the country, tall nut-trees are chopped down and their trunks placed vertically, in the center of each settlement. A wheel full of prizes is placed on top, before the trunk is covered with oil or other lubricants, and young men are invited to try and reach the prizes.

This type of pole climbing was introduced to the Indonesians, by Dutch colonists, who came up with it as a form of entertainment. Every time an important event took place (like a wedding, or national holiday) they would install a Panjat Pinang pole and watch the natives attempt to reach the prizes.

IGN : ijul
Server : uc26
Platform : Facebook

Translate
Floor reply (1)

ijuuull Last edit in 2019-3-17 22:16:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
agung kurniawa
User
Joined 2017-3-30
Last Visited 2020-02-28
Post time 2019-3-17 22:27:11 | Show all posts

ENDZ
Server (S347) Iron Hill

1). I Come from Indonesia. One of the favorite celebrations is KARAPAN SAPI.
If in the country of Spain there is a bullfighting event, in Indonesia there is a tradition that is not less interesting, that is,the festival of beef cattle.
This festival is one of the traditions that the Madurese have been doing for a long time at harvest.
This tradition uses a pairof cows as race animals to pull a wooden train.
Then, the cows will be pittedto determine the fastest cows

Translate

x
Floor reply (3)

agung kurniawa Last edit in 2019-3-17 22:27:11

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
anjeram camba
User
Joined 2014-5-1
Last Visited 2021-01-20
Post time 2019-3-17 22:30:34 | Show all posts
So here am i wearing irish costume for the celebration of st patricks day... i was on the other side of the game as LOA III.. blessing that i got this equipment on the right time that i was need it. many has have it too... but only me that notice it that it is valid thru the game.

IGN: anjeram
Server: uc29
Platform: facebook
Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

anjeram camba Last edit in 2019-3-17 22:30:34

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kasunanansurak...
User
Joined 2018-10-25
Last Visited 2021-01-05
Post time 2019-3-17 22:41:22 | Show all posts
Edited by kasunanansurakarta2018 at 2019-3-18 21:15

IGN: Jake
Server: Sunniva(1431)
Platform: GTA
a) My favorite celebration or festival is Sekaten. This is a celebration that you can only meet in Indonesia, especially in Surakarta and Yogyakarta and takes place once a year according to the lunar calendar (Javanese Calendar). During the Sekaten period there were performances of Gamelan (Javanese music instruments) and Gunungan. Gunungan is food that is made to resemble a mountain shape and is usually contested by the public.

b)

c)
c)
Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

kasunanansurak... Last edit in 2019-3-17 22:41:22

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-1-22 15:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074794 second(s), 54 queries .