North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1644| Reply: 14

FIX IDEAS for High level players destroying Low level players

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
pi sexy
User
Joined 2019-4-7
Last Visited 2021-02-07
Post time 2019-5-31 10:17:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
FIX IDEAS for High level players destroying Low Reply:14| View:1644
Edited by pi sexy at 2019-5-31 10:17

I consider this to be the BIGGEST PROBLEM in the game - High level player farming and destroying lower level players and forcing people to give up on the game because they see no sense to even try to progress any further.

Most of my alliance is saying the same thing! Some members have even left the game permanently because it is impossible to progress if every step you take forward, you get attacked by a huge bully, and they push you a step backward. What is the point? You can't just keep your castle under a Truce 24/7! That would defeat the purpose and prevent you from enjoying all aspects of the game.

Any "protected" resources are then spent healing your troops and restoring your walls and fortifications for DAYS. There have even been cases where troops just DIE even with enough hospital space, if the attacker is too strong!

Collecting for days to then have someone much higher come by and not only take it from you, but destroy your ability to progress for DAYS. This is the MOST SERIOUS and completely neglected PROBLEM with this game. Maybe it hasn't been a wide-spread issue until now, since you now have so many BIG players. Or maybe you just haven't been paying attention to your user base? It's about time you FIX this PROBLEM and not just give us the standard "we are listening" line. Tell us what you are working on to fix this issue and when we can expect it implemented, before many more people give up on this POTENTIALLY great game.

I can give you a few solutions right now, just off the top of my head, that would fix this problem and make the game SO MUCH BETTER (and tolerable) for so many new and existing players!

FIX IDEA #1 - Implement a limit on Castle Level differential between attacker and defender.
For example, you can only attack castles within certain number of levels lower than you. It could be more intelligent limits, like troop levels or defense levels (walls, fortifications, research, etc), but the idea is Castle 25 can NOT attack Castle 16, which ABSOLUTELY can NOT defend itself.

FIX IDEA #2 - Add a penalty based on Power Level differential between attacker and defender.
For example, higher level attackers get less resources (%) and cause less damage (%) when attacking lower level defenders. This would also help with the problem of players getting attacked multiple times in a row - as the defender's power drops after each attack (troops, wall, fortifications), the rewards are significantly less for the attacker.

FIX IDEA #3 - Give defenders a "cool down" period after each attack
For example, apply an automatic Truce for the defender after they have been defeated in an attack. It could be a variable period, based on damage inflicted (like power reduction) or a fixed period. Basically to give some time for the defender to recover or at least go online.

You could implement all 3 of the above and the game would be SO MUCH better! Attackers won't mind because it will give them more of a challenge. Defenders will love it because they will not get discouraged from continuing in the game. GTarcade will love it because more people will continue to play the game and not give up (more $$$). It would be WIN-WIN-WIN for everybody!

NOTE: I believe this PROBLEM deserved it's own thread. Please post your ideas, comments and support so the game develpers will listen. Make some noise, it's the only way they might listen!
Translate

pi sexy Last edit in 2019-5-31 10:17:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abzlfr-eiaot43...
User
Joined 2019-6-1
Last Visited 2020-05-09
Post time 2019-6-1 01:58:35 | Show all posts
I was thinking of a variation on your fix #3.  Rather than applying something to the defender, apply a delay to the attacker.  I would suggest an attack delay timer to reduce spam attacks.  It would work something like this:
Attack a player at 2 levels below you through the level cap: No delay
Attack a player 3 levels below you: 3 minute penalty in which you may not participate in an another attack.
Attack a player 4 levels below you: 5 minute penalty.
then 10,15,30,60... minute penalties.

While not a perfect solution, this would slow the spam attacks while still allowing higher level players to deal with any low level (pesky) players.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

abzlfr-eiaot43... Last edit in 2019-6-1 01:58:35

Support 3

Default Signature
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
btwilley
User
Joined 2019-5-6
Last Visited 2019-06-01
Post time 2019-6-1 19:46:46 | Show all posts
What our Alliance has found is that raids by higher level castles that teleport in, and then teleport out:
* Keep resources as protected as possible.
* Don't worry about your walls or defenses... both are pointless against most T3 troops, and definitely useless against T4 troops.
* Most importantly, keep your troops and lord sheltered as much as you can when you are not actively managing them.

It generally works... it is not fun... but it generally works.

Now, here is what I would SUGGEST as a fix for the developers... especially for us players that are more focused on PVE and NOT PVP:

Give us the ability to auto-shelter our troops and lord at ALL TIMES when they are not actively doing something.  So for example, if my troops are out gathering at a resource node... when they return to the city, have them go to the shelter automatically.  At least that way, your troops are not at risk from high level raids.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

btwilley Last edit in 2019-6-1 19:46:46

Support 2

Default Signature
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abwr8adwvi-8mm...
User
Joined 2019-5-31
Last Visited 2019-08-16
Post time 2019-5-31 16:26:07 | Show all posts
I can only agree witj the above. Big players are to strong and they spoil the joy of playing, when you have no other options than to sit and wait when you get destroyed.

Gathering in an alliance is no help to, cause as an alliance you can't grow strong if this are as the are now.

Some thing should change defenitly or I and i'm sure many small players will leave a game, that has the potential of being great.
As for now it's just average.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

abwr8adwvi-8mm... Last edit in 2019-5-31 16:26:07

Support 2

Default Signature
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
skelheaton
Team Lead
Joined 2019-5-16
Last Visited 2021-07-04
Post time 2019-5-31 14:17:46 | Show all posts
Dear Lord pi sexy,

I believe I already answered this thread once and submitted your ideas to it. Thank you for them though, and any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome, they're forwarded to the developers so they can work to better the gaming experience.

Regards.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • I posted this as it's own thread so people can see and comment if they agree that this is an issue. I keep seeing this problem being talked about people all over the forum in many different threads. How else is GTarcade supposed to prioritize their development? They need to know if an issues is important to many people.

By your response, are you saying that this is already on the "approved development queue" and that they are in fact working on fixing this problem?
    Translate
    2019-5-31 15:14  Reply

skelheaton Last edit in 2019-5-31 14:17:46

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
eduardo jose a...
User
Joined 2019-4-21
Last Visited 2019-11-24
Post time 2019-5-31 10:40:53 | Show all posts
Edited by eduardo jose arias at 2019-5-31 10:55

i agree you´re right sometimes the game turns dificult and unbalanced fbecause of big players (who usually are spenders) no matter if you join into an alliance if your alliance is small and most of their members are f2p the can even compared with someone who spend money on speed ups, commander and others stuffs related to the game itself that help them to have a well developed city. two weeks ago i´ve been attacked over and over again for player that are stronger (with alot troops and better conditions) than me which result too disgusting for me because i know i couldnt defend against him, and we can do anything, it doesnt matter if i´m reinforced for other member you cant simply beat them that´s it...also i would like that you implement some restriction while we are gathering resources because other players can attack your troops, i cant spend all day watching out if someone scout and then attack me.
finaly as the mate said above, there´s no point in gathering resources, healing troops if someone is bullying you over and over again PD: sorry for my bad english i tried to do my best to suppor this suggesting which i think that should be considered to improve this game
Translate
Floor reply (0)

eduardo jose a... Last edit in 2019-5-31 10:40:53

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
stefan_schwan
User
Joined 2019-5-31
Last Visited 2021-09-24
Post time 2019-5-31 13:58:59 | Show all posts
The biggest propblem is the pay to win - system...
The value that you must pay in is very heigh.

And better is a server limit of max Castle-level, that can each week increased 2-3 levels.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

stefan_schwan Last edit in 2019-5-31 13:58:59

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
rhapsodyfm
User
Joined 2017-1-13
Last Visited 2021-08-16
Post time 2019-5-31 15:47:18 | Show all posts
Hi pi sexy, we are not informed of what is on the approved development queue. We simply forward suggestions to the developer, and they let us know if they have received the suggestion. You are correct that more people supporting a suggestion is better, so thank you for posting a thread dedicated to this.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

rhapsodyfm Last edit in 2019-5-31 15:47:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
grombutz
User
Joined 2019-5-31
Last Visited 2020-08-05
Post time 2019-5-31 20:38:40 | Show all posts
I have to disagree on this one, as the advantage is actually with the defender in this game, as you can shelter your lord and your troops whenever you are away from the game.

You can shelter your meaningful troops and come back after 12 hours to do it again. Or use a truce. You can get a lot of diamonds from the Rebel leaders and TG for free and the 24h truce isn't that expensive. Find an alliance, kill rebels, reap big rewards once you hit AL5 or so, then you can afford to shelter until the servers die.

Even under permanent attacks, you don't have to lose any troops at all.

From the mentioned ideas, only 1 is semi-viable (castle 25 can only attack 17+). All the others will create other problems (like: not being able to zero a player to set him back before a siege or similar behaviour).
Translate
Floor reply (3)
  • Advantage with the defender? Hiding (shelter or truce) isn't an advantage, it is a delusion for low power players. Defender (low power player) use 1000 diamonds for 24 hours truce, attacker (high power player) take some resources, some lords, some lord exp... from your neighbors, your alliance in 3-5 minutes. The attacker gained same 1000 diamonds and didn't use it. He gained some other things. Where is that advantage? Player base is limited. You can wait 100 days for be an attacker and can't find a defender for your attack.
    Translate
    2019-6-1 09:46  Reply
  • You shelter lords and troops
    you make sure that you store your ressources where they are safe: in the form of items, in your inventory.
    Someone attacks your castle => get's 0 XP, get's 0 lords, get's 0 ressources

If everyone does it, anyone that tries to farm you is just wasting precious diamonds.

He gains nothing, you keep everything. As I said: if you play it clever, you won't have to lose anything, ever. You don't even need a truce aslong as your Army is less than your shelter capacity. I am sorry if you can't figure this out on your on, but if you get farmed then you are the one to blame as you made it worthwhile to be farmed in the first place.

You don't have to have losses and if you lose stuff from being attacked, the only person you should blame is: yourself.
    Translate
    2019-6-3 22:11  Reply
  • donc grombutz vous propose de rester caché non stop  pour ne rien perdre ou de limiter votre armée a votre capacité de refuge ce qui bien sur vous permettra .....de ne jamais vous developper !.....vu le nombre d'attaques a répétitions de certaines guildes cela peut etre meme un temps énorme passé au refuge je ne vois mais alors pas du tout l'interet de cette fausse bonne idée
    Translate
    2019-6-9 23:50  Reply

grombutz Last edit in 2019-5-31 20:38:40

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
pi sexy
User
Joined 2019-4-7
Last Visited 2021-02-07
 Author| Post time 2019-6-1 06:34:16 | Show all posts
Another great idea is in the following thread:

Relocate functionality/ game imbalance

Any kind of cool down for 12 or 24 hours after teleporting would help slow down the havoc. When will GTarcade get the message? The game is COMPLETELY imbalanced. Don't they understand that it COMPLETELY ruins the game for everyone? Except, of course, those L25 players who love to abuse this imbalance in their favor with complete and utter disregard to the victims!
Translate
Floor reply (1)

pi sexy Last edit in 2019-6-1 06:34:16

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ctmurphy
User
Joined 2019-5-22
Last Visited 2019-07-06
Post time 2019-6-1 07:34:39 | Show all posts
Sheltering troops is only an effective solution if you manage to reach castle level seven. So any player under level 6 will just keep getting their troops and defences wiped out repeatedly, with zero chance of retaliation or meaningful build up and that's probably where the vast amount of the newbie attack complaints are coming from.
I'm fairly average myself and got a bit of luck, and it took me abouuuut, 3-4 days to reach level seven. That's from an average player with somewhat above average time commitment and probably a little above average luck with getting diamonds. Could have prooobably done it in 2 an’ a bit days if I’d used all my diamond reserves (not payed for).

So for at least 3-4 days, a newbie player is completely vulnerable and can't do nothing about anything to prevent crippling defeat at the hands of players with 1 million times the number of points they do. If you wanna fix that then you both have to greatly improve the tutorial aspect of the game and give new players protection for at least 5 days. Just so they can use a shelter and avoid the fight, which doesn’t really do anything about the fact that they’ll never have sufficient gold reserves to effectively improve their army through research and eventually get even.

I don’t agree with any of the suggestions in the thread so far because one, I think it is too limiting game play wise and 2)I feel it unjustly punishes players for being more dedicated to the game time wise or having enough money to get things done quicker and working for it real world wise.

So my suggestion is all of the following combined:

1)Either allow shelters to be used before reaching castle level seven, or extend the starter protection to at least 7 days. That gives new players time to get a shelter going and therefore protect their army from certain and repeated death.

2)The tutorial is reallllllly basic. And while it DOES point out the shelter and roughly how it’s used, it’s not effective in that it doesn’t point out the fact that hiding troops in the shelter is a good way of protecting a players troops from the attacks of other players. Kind of a no brainer, I know, but we live in a world where chainsaws come with a warning to avoid use while naked and where some parents have to be told to watch their kids *shrugs*.

3)Make it so that larger players don’t get worthwhile rewards for attacking lower level players that don’t reasonably stand a chance. To achieve that, I’d suggest making a system based off of troop numbers potential difference as opposed to solely a castle level idea.

A fair example, I think would be this:

A)The game can be made so that the benefits of attacking players with equal to or less than 50% of the defending players troop potential (or perhaps even 75% instead of half) are stripped away, therefore making attacks on far less challenging opponents also less appealing and profitable.

B)Taking away the experience benefit would be a huge deal, it’s probably the largest part of the reason for larger players attacking smaller ones. Otherwise they’d just go to gathering areas. Unless of course they’re just being A’holes

C)Significantly reducing the aggressors carrying capacity.

As an example, using my 50% troop potential difference:

A level 25 player with a troop potential of 200,000, would not gain any experience from attacking a player at level 20  with 100,000 troop potential, or below and his armies carrying capacity whilst attacking these vastly outmatched players could be reduced to 10% or less.
At the absolute maximum possible, that would be 600,000 carrying capacity from 6,000,000(It’s possible, I checked, but I’m assuming players cannot go over their max troop potential the same way they can go over their max troops support cap with the farms).

And that can be carried down all of the way to level 7 castle players.

4)(This one depends on what you do with the Shelters suggestion) Players with castles level 12 or over, that also attack players with castles below level seven get heavier penalties including:

A carrying capacity reduction to 1% their total; so that 6,000,000 carrying capacity is reduced to 60,000.

An attack debuff of 60% or more.

No experience gain from the attack.

This one is only worth doing if you don’t allow shelters to be used before castle level 7 is reached.

It does leave the option of attacking smaller players open still but it also takes away many of the main incentives for doing so, which I think balances it out nicely if you take in to account team plays by alliance members.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • You can get to T2 troops on your first day. Clearing the tutorial is like a free level 5. If it rally takes you 3-4 days to reach level 7, then I don't know why you are complaining.

I disagree with your idea A.) though, as reducing army strength against lower level castles would invite terrible gameplay to happen (just keep one player @level 17 so he can be more effective killing troops C25). It's a no-no and if you must do something about farming, consider an 8 level difference.
    The Experience gain from T1 and T2 troops is also trivial and farming T3's is basically the only way to farm XP other than WW.

Reducing the carrying capacity is not a good idea either as attacking for ressources is stupid. Most players won't have much ressources to steal and if they have, then they shouldn't have a protection against their own stupidity either. Noone at castle 17 needs 30m of each stored. Noone should use his items before he actually needs them either.
    Translate
    2019-6-3 22:22  Reply

ctmurphy Last edit in 2019-6-1 07:34:39

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-1-18 17:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096324 second(s), 54 queries .