North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 2704| Reply: 34

Too Many Bullies

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
Post time 2019-6-7 12:48:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Too Many Bullies Reply:34| View:2704
Edited by vj.mojo@gmail.com at 2019-6-7 12:48

Seriously thinking about canning this game in because of the amount of bullying from higher lvl alliances can something get done about this.
Translate

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-7 12:48:06

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jayems27
User
Joined 2019-6-7
Last Visited 2019-09-24
Post time 2019-6-9 21:35:26 | Show all posts
If we all do what the level 25 players are doing and pick on lower level castles then the developers of game are never going to make money. I know I'm never going to spend real money ever again.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

jayems27 Last edit in 2019-6-9 21:35:26

Support 3

Default Signature
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
georgedoors1
User
Joined 2019-5-8
Last Visited 2019-06-23
Post time 2019-6-8 19:13:56 | Show all posts
@skelheaton
"here are many, many ways available in game mechanics to protect yourself from players constantly attacking you."

No there are not, stop lying about this.

The options are very limited when it comes to these bullies:

1) Have your troops manning your castle. End result, lose all your troops, your Lord, your resources particularly gold. And you aren't any position to try and recapture your Lord because you have no troops and no gold to heal\rebuild your army and no gold to pay the ransom on your Lord. And if by some miracle you do get enough troops together you're going to lose because the person that captured your Lord has a much bigger\stringer army ad evidence by them going all HULK SMASH!!!!

2) Hide your army & Lord. Not as bad as Option 1 but you still lose resources and all your gold at virtually zero costs to the bully doing his HULK SMASH!!!! routine.

3) Send your army & Lord out to Occupy a random square. Which is pretty much the same as option 2 but with the added bonus that your Lord & army is protected to they might end up getting wiped out and captured by the HULK SMASH!!! "strategy"

4) Spend 1000 blue diamonds a day to stop people attacking you. Well as the game doesn't drop 1000 blue diamonds a day that's never going to work for very long.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • 4) Spend 1000 blue diamonds a day to stop people attacking you. Well as the game doesn't drop 1000 blue diamonds a day that's never going to work for very long.

if your alliance is hunting rebels in any decent manner ant not wasting energy on higher rebels without kills you should earn far more then 1k diamonds on a daily basis
    Translate
    2019-8-9 02:40  Reply

georgedoors1 Last edit in 2019-6-8 19:13:56

Support 3

Default Signature
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
 Author| Post time 2019-6-8 17:02:36 | Show all posts
Even gathering resources is becoming a joke. Have to travel 1/2hr to a lvl4 mint to only get kicked of 15mins later by a lvl25 with commanders that are lvl42, then have to heal troops for the next few hrs.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • Well done VJ.
    I agree, should be same level castle fighting only. Resource sites though are open to anyone as they are really just a bonus supply site.
    Translate
    2019-6-8 17:10  Reply

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-8 17:02:36

Support 2

Default Signature
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
webmst007
User
Joined 2019-6-29
Last Visited 2020-12-03
Post time 2019-8-22 19:29:39 | Show all posts
thank you for that feedback, I've reviewed my comments and expanded those thoughts a little:

Resource Distribution
When I asked why level 4 resources were not seen in most of the kingdom areas I was told they only appear around the cities.
Thus by and large only large Alliances obtain the gains that level 4 resources offer.
So non-pay players (free players we shall call them) who are in low level Alliances or are non-aligned have no access to these and instead must seek locations away from cities where only level 1 or 2 resources are available.
I understand the game design is to encourage all players to join large Alliances and pay to play.
Otherwise there is no game having been in a development company I understand the economics.
However I would argue that small Alliances are “frozen out” of the fast development cycles seen in Larger Alliances already in many ways.
And resource distribution should be more inclusive for all groups. Access to more resources will help encourage small Alliance players to progress in their early to mid-development cycles, and by so doing lead them to become larger players and therefore encourage more player loyalty to the game. What is important to consider here is that exposure to negative game play for low to mid-level players is a risk for any game platform and should be avoided at all costs by design, game play management, and resourcing/rewards programs.
Game Play – Level Management
The high level players in GOT are typically already in large Alliances and already invested in the game. Your design and new features constantly encourage these players to spend more time and more resources to obtain more rewards. This model seems to be working well and the overall game design is graphically rich. I would like to compliment you on the new Dragon designs as excellent examples of good game development.   
However, the current practice of mid-level players experiencing attacks and “harvesting” by high level players to progress their Lord kills is simply poor game management. Low to mid-level players should not be subjected to these tactics. This is not only poor game management but can be interpreted by inexperienced players as “bullying” by high level Lords in large Alliances which they are powerless to prevent.
At best a player will be frustrated or angered by this, which could some to simply leave the game after a single incident. However, as game providers you must consider some people entering this environment may have fragile personalities or disabilities and seek to find solace and enjoyment in game play reminding them of the Game of Thrones sage they have enjoyed so much. An incident which could be construed as a form of “bullying” game play could have a much more significant effect on the more vulnerable members of your community. I would strongly recommend you consider those people when you next discuss the gameplay and safeguards for players at low and mid-level.
The counter argument to this is well known – GOT is a game of “battles, war, and fighting” – so all players should be prepared to experience losses and defeats as well as victories.
Well to some extent that is true, but consider also many people who are not regular online or computer game players are attracted to a game like GOT simply because they love the TV series and the books. So they may not be experienced in game play.
This game needs to consider the wide variety of people who may be playing and how they all can be encouraged, nurtured, and ultimately retained as loyal GOT players for a long time to come.
Thus I would argue the free non-paying players in the low to mid- level area, and often in small to mid-level Alliances are the most important player group to consider for the long term future growth of the game.
So please consider changes to the game play and level attack limits.
In Game Training Material
I understand there are ways within the game design to protect each player, however these are game play and development items and tactics which may not be fully understood by players at low to mid- level.
And, I have to say –the lack of suitable training and education material in this game is very poor indeed for a public game endorsed by HBO as part of the world-wide marketing of Games of Thrones.
There needs to be a rich library resources available to players, including in-game videos and “how-to” guides for all levels up to level 25 players. But especially for the new player. The simple “gold hand” directions you currently provide for new players is adequate for experienced game players, but can be confusing for people not familiar with game play.
Alliance Game Play Management
I suggested previously you introduce a league table style for Alliances a little like the application of levels in the Alliance Trial.
Essentially high level Alliances must not be allowed to attack small low level Alliances and non-aligned players. They should be restricted to attacking players in the same level and same sized groups as they are a part of.
At present a mid to high level player can attack any player in a small or low level Alliance without any fear or consideration of a return attack.
So a league will goa long way in resolving these issues.
Unlike the Alliance Trial I suggest there is no “relegation” as there is in a sports competition.
Further to this league for Alliances, they would earn the right as collectives to “join” a higher league, but the design would differ from a typical sport league in that the table would remain rewards based, and therefore not include “negative” elements such as “demotion” or relegation.
The current KvK and Castle siege events are excellent examples of where small Alliance players simply do not get to experience the full breath of the GOT game play.
This is where the Alliance league will be of true benefit across the game kingdoms. Allocate resources to each Alliance level. This will include the castles currently not used (smaller locations – like Castle Black).
Thus small Alliances with relatively low level new and free-to-play players can enjoy some of the siege and other event play with and against Alliances of their own power rating and/or size.
With this development, and the improvement of lvl 4 resources in all map area, I suggest more players can inhabit and play in each kingdom as greater use could be made of the outer regions of the world map. Why not have resources north of the wall? Why not have a “Wildling” settlement that could be “sieged” like Castle Black.
With a larger population of resources, smaller Alliances can thrive and become stronger. This will improve the overall diversity of the game play and ensure ALL players get an opportunity to experience the widest possible game play scenarios available. This will drive greater game player retention and help avoid “losing” players to poor game play and design.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

webmst007 Last edit in 2019-8-22 19:29:39

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
webmst007
User
Joined 2019-6-29
Last Visited 2020-12-03
Post time 2019-8-17 07:57:50 | Show all posts
" Dear Lord georgedoors1,

There are several more ways to protect your goods but you should figure it out by yourself. I'm not lying, these are facts. If you are unable to protect your troops and your goods properly, maybe you need to read more guides and ask around about it."

What absolute crap !!!!!
You and the attiitude of the GTArcade organisation is simple for everyone to see - pay to play or don't bother us !! The only reason the free play designs are there is to hope free players willl turn into pay players. So reduce their resources by only putting lvl 4 and 5's around cities - where the big Alliances live. GREAT IDEA !!!! then only big Alliances progress !!!! FANTASTIC - that way all small Alliances are frozen out of the fast development cycles - and they can be easily harvested when desired - AND contrary to what you state - they ARE FARMED ALL OVER THIS GAME ALL THE TIME !!!!! Why is it you guys simply don't get it.............................the free non-paying players are the most important players for the long term future of the game !!!! support them properly and you will retain them and grow your pay players as well !!! BUT YOU DON'T
It's either join a huge Alliance or....................well.............just don't progress much at all..........thanks for playing !!!!!!
I have suggested you introduce a league table for Alliances a little like your Alliance Trial which will not allow Alliances to attack outside their league.
You must also set clear limits on higher lvl Lords ability to attack lower lvl players - as in -->> STOP IT COMPLETELY. It is just pathetic design to see.
In comparison - really large well established world-wide games have these checks and balances in place and have done for many years.
As a lower level player you should not be subjected to that kind of bullying tactics. That is not only poor design --> at best someone is pissed off or just leaves the games and at worst ---> it could cause someone to be really upset.

Skelheaton - junior level moderator -- you are absolutely hopeless !! You have simply no idea what you are talking about.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

webmst007 Last edit in 2019-8-17 07:57:50

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ctmurphy
User
Joined 2019-5-22
Last Visited 2019-07-06
Post time 2019-6-15 01:05:16 | Show all posts
I don't entirely agree that the game is well balanced when it comes to higher level players beating on lower level players.

Unless they changed it in the last update then new players don't have access to the shelter until level 7. That means they'll lose any troops stationed in their city, guaranteed every time and beginner protection doesn't really give an average player time to get there before their protection ends. The only two ways you can do it is if you pay to play, or if you're active literally 24/7 for a day or two. And anyone with a life outside of the game isn't going to have that, which means that in this situation pay to win really is win win for the bully.

There ARE plenty of options, however they're not broad enough. Even the 12 hour Shelter option means you HAVE to be able to get online every 12 hours to keep your troops from being vulnerable. People with a family and work just aren't always going to be able to do that, which includes me. Which means we could build up a month or two (or more, obviously) of work on our army only to have the one time we couldn't get online in the twelve hour window be our downfall and wipe out all of that work all at once.

There is actually a need for a 24 hour and a 72 hour option as well as slightly tweaked newbie protection.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ctmurphy Last edit in 2019-6-15 01:05:16

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
 Author| Post time 2019-6-13 22:50:23 | Show all posts
Eh, this is the suggestions area mate. Say, if I had a problem with GTArcade deakstop App not working even after reading through all the help and it still doesn't work, then I would post on support. So as much as I know how to play this game, thx for your input.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-13 22:50:23

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
 Author| Post time 2019-6-13 20:31:24 | Show all posts
This thread has become useless as those defending the Bullies think this thread is about base Defence. This is about  when is a fair matchmaking system going to be implemented to protect low level players from getting rolled by high level players. This IS NOT a thread about how to defend yourself against level matched players.

When are you going to stop the boot stepping on the ants.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-13 20:31:24

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
 Author| Post time 2019-6-12 14:16:29 | Show all posts
The Defence system sucks.

My wall defence is limited to my current lvl as is my research - this means that when a lvl25 with commanders that are lvl52 attack, my maxed out lvl17 defences don't do anything. Yes, I shelter my troops with my lord, I get rid of my resources with the help of the merchant ship. They dont attack me for resource or XP but for my Gold, I have been taken down all over 25K gold, no resource to take, no lord to take no troops hurt, just 25k gold and nearly 2days to rebuild my wall and defences.

I'am currently lvl17, how many months is it going to take to get to lvl25 to have a lvl25 warehouse? how much unprotected gold will that cost. Bubble up I hear you say, what happens when I can't give this game 100% undivided attention, what happens when I can't plan to play.

But then again - I'm letting this happen to me, this is my fault. Ridiculous.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-12 14:16:29

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
georgedoors1
User
Joined 2019-5-8
Last Visited 2019-06-23
Post time 2019-6-9 17:31:17 | Show all posts
skelheaton,

that's BS the whole "there are other ways but they are secret and I can't tell you about them" line doesn't wash with anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. Unless of course you're talking about the mechanism where I get to risk my troops to defend someone else's resources whilst leaving mine unprotected? All the risk, zero reward.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

georgedoors1 Last edit in 2019-6-9 17:31:17

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
skelheaton
Team Lead
Joined 2019-5-16
Last Visited 2021-07-04
Post time 2019-6-7 14:44:06 | Show all posts
Dear Lord vj.mojo,

First of all welcome in the forums!

Secondly, there are many, many ways available in game mechanics to protect yourself from players constantly attacking you. I suggest you ask about it to more knowledgeable players and learn from them before quitting so quickly.

Regards
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • Seriously? That's all the support you can give? In the last couple of days a lot of people quit my alliance and the game because of bullies and rebel camps, which are terrible right now. I understand that those who pay money are most valuable to you but soon they'll be the only ones left. Is that what you want? Then the game will be only for those who pay more. Pity. The game was really fun but for short. I don't see any bright future for it, unfortuantely.
    Translate
    2019-6-8 19:39  Reply

skelheaton Last edit in 2019-6-7 14:44:06

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
shalindyrtech
User
Joined 2019-5-21
Last Visited 2020-11-07
Post time 2019-6-7 20:20:12 | Show all posts
One thing to consider is the amount of blue diamonds you can acquire in a single day, the 24hr bubble will protect your castle and soldiers without having to shelter them.

As for resource locations thats a case where you want to be defending because you will only have wounded where as the attacker has dead troops.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

shalindyrtech Last edit in 2019-6-7 20:20:12

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abzct2n_5fu002...
User
Joined 2019-5-21
Last Visited 2019-08-29
Post time 2019-6-7 20:38:57 | Show all posts
I think the game mechanics need to be simple updated using a percentage scale.  If another player is X percentage lower power than you and you will just walk all over them you shouldnt be able to attack them.  Simple, fair, easy to implement, and keeps game play level while still promoting pvp.

Blue diamonds for truce shields and using the shelter are all well and good in a more balanced playing field. However in most servers it gets to the point players are just getting farmed and have to spend real money to just stay in the game or regain constantly lost ground.  Its not only the top players farming the lower players but also the devs farming the pocket books of those lower players imo.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

abzct2n_5fu002... Last edit in 2019-6-7 20:38:57

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
babyphd
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2019-5-18
Last Visited 2022-01-18
Post time 2019-6-8 00:09:00 | Show all posts
Dear abzct2n_5fu002...,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will forward it to the devs now.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

babyphd Last edit in 2019-6-8 00:09:00

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
skelheaton
Team Lead
Joined 2019-5-16
Last Visited 2021-07-04
Post time 2019-6-9 14:38:38 | Show all posts
Dear Lord georgedoors1,

There are several more ways to protect your goods but you should figure it out by yourself. I'm not lying, these are facts. If you are unable to protect your troops and your goods properly, maybe you need to read more guides and ask around about it.

Regards
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • Maybe you need to FIX the disbalances in the game to make it more FAIR? You can't be in a constant state of hiding! People want to PLAY the darn game, for crying out loud. You need your troops out attacking rebels, camps, gathering resources, training ground, weirwood tree...it's all good. Except these SUPER HIGH LEVEL players teleport in and you may have just a few minutes or just seconds to do something or your army is dead, your gold is gone and you spend DAYS recovering. What the heck kind of STUPID balance is that???
    Translate
    2019-6-18 11:16  Reply
  • They come in with 250K elite troops, attack your 60K veterans (or elites), they lose like 50 troops and ALL your army is in the Hospital for DAYS! Now you get half the resources you need to heal them, but that is garbage! Lv25 should NEVER be able to attack L17, they are EXPONENTIALLY stronger. Not only is it UNFAIR, it is basically RIDICULOUS!  I've played several online games in the past years and there are ALWAYS power/level differential limits. Otherwise, people will leave the game because it's NOT enjoyable.

There's no power/level difference limits, there's no cool down period, there's no penalty for resource taking. OMG, come on, you can't be so blind as not to see this PROBLEM!!! You might be Lv25 yourself and you didn't have this problem when you were growing, since it was the beginning and most people were still growing. But look around, there SO many high level players just BULLYING entire alliances!
    Translate
    2019-6-18 11:21  Reply

skelheaton Last edit in 2019-6-9 14:38:38

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vj.mojo
User
Joined 2019-5-23
Last Visited 2019-11-27
 Author| Post time 2019-6-9 20:41:57 | Show all posts
skelheton

Your no help - You have the answers, but tell us to ask somewhere else - instead of helping. Not my definition of support.

There is no way for low lvl players too protect their Dragons Gold, and thats what matters. Ooops I forgot lvl25 Bullies get to protect they're Gold. Sorry but I haven't unlocked "Wallet Warrior" mode yet.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

vj.mojo Last edit in 2019-6-9 20:41:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-1-18 18:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101561 second(s), 66 queries .