North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 700| Reply: 8

One kingdom without PvP (and how to fill it with life)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
malagis
User
Joined 2019-4-1
Last Visited 2020-02-20
Post time 2019-6-29 04:11:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
One kingdom without PvP (and how to fill it with Reply:8| View:700
Edited by malagis at 2019-6-30 15:48

My overall satisfaction with GoTWiC is really low at the moment. This has much to do with the PvP-system and the fact, that you are more and more forced into PvP at some point in the game.
I've read a lot of opionions about the current PvP-system here and suggestions like a longer truce or a limit for attacks per player.
I also know a lot of nice people, who quit this game just because of its PvP-aspects. And i have talked with others, who plan to quit if nothing changes.
For me the idea of conquering other players and destroying their armies/what they have build up, isn't a goal in this game and I'm a bit sad, that Game of Thrones is beeing reduced to that.

And at some point the idea of a kingdom without any PvP-elements dropped into my mind.

What does this mean?
You can't attack other players and no other player can attack you.
If two players run for the same ressource, there is no chance to "speed-up" for easy kills.
In this kingdom, there won't be castle sieges.
Of course this kingdom can't be part of KvK.
Technically: PvP in training grounds also has to be removed, but in my opinion this could stay, as it is training and you don't loose anything here.

What could you do in such a kingdom?
- enjoy the GoT-elements
- upgrade buildings + technologies
- still train troops and improve them
- fight (with others) against rebel leaders and rebel camps
- gather ressources and transport them
- try to collect all kind of commanders
- beat weirwood trials and collect stars
- in-game-quests and events
- meet new friends, interact and chat in your alliance
- just play for fun and try new things
- help your friends and guild members in their progress

Which new/changed elements could be part of such a kingdom?
Instead of PvP there could be more PvE-aspects with high reference to Game of Thrones and new challenges.
The focus should be on alliances and/or players working together to survive in Westeros.

Some of the following ideas were already posted in this suggestion-forum by other players. I've picked them up, because they fit very well in the general concept of this new type of kingdom.

- players could team-up to fight white walkers, slave traders or pirates of the narrow sea and in events one of these factions can try to capture one/all big cities and the players have to fight them together

while they have to fulfill different tasks/different stages like sending troops against the enemies (to stop their march), searching (maybe the enemies have hidden weaknesses), gather ressources (troops need supply))

--> there also could be events where each alliance has to nominate some players for some tasks before the event starts!
  --> actions in these events could change Westeros (for example if you fail to kill a white walker, he will revive all fallen soldiers and be harder to kill next time or if you free slaves, they will help you to speed up building for the cost of additional ressources)

- troops need grain, so if your grain runs out, your troops are hurt (automatically move to hospital) and die after some days (ask Stannis what troops without food do ;)  )

- you could upgrade existing troops faster (as training them) but at the costs of more ressources

- you have research special clothes for special environment (don't try your Stark coat at Dorne)

- instead of castle sieges there are weekly events/tournaments and the alliance with the highest rank in that event can choose one big city under their control (second rank choose next and so on until there is no free castle)

- players have to fullfill quests (for the high sparrow or great houses like Stark, Martell, ...) to get the blessings (old OR new gods OR) and the goodwill of other factions (House Stark, House of Black & White)
  --> if you fulfill more quests for one faction, other factions may not like you for a specific amount of time, so you have to choose wise

- players could have there own list of achievements (like helping other with ressource issues, killing xxx walkers)  and get a reputation rank showing how well they are known in westeros (the higher the rank the more troops you can lead)
  and a rank matching their actions (for example: becoming a maester if you focus on searching)

- each alliance could have their own storage where players could spend some ressources (with a maximum per day) and where every alliance member could take what he needs (but max. what he/she has already given)
  --> or each alliance has a quartermaster, who has an eye on these ressources

- alliances could create their own castle (work together for new features or at least some visual changes)

- alliance ranks have to mean something, so you have to play/help other members to get higher ranks (guild leader can only choose the closest circle)

- after leaving a guild you have to wait for 24 hours to rejoin and or join another alliance (not if you got kicked)

- search for a dragon (as alliance) or a shadow wolve/horse/shadowcat (each player) and train them

- ... to be continued (feel free to add ideas as long as they don't mean players attacking players)

Advantages of such a kingdom:

- players , who don't like PvP-elements can enjoy the game instead of leaving
- really good for new players to learn core game mechanics
- instead of destroying other player's progress, the players have to work together, which can leads into a better community (sometimes you don't want to read what is going on in the World Chat)
- if you are going on holiday or have RL-issues, you don't have to share your password or bubble up with diamonds to avoid the lost of your game progress ... just do it and come back without fears of beeing rubbed/taking advantage of you RL-issues
- you can enjoy the game without rage or fear or the wish for revenge after beeing attacked by (much stronger opponents)
- if you and/or the game devellopers want tro try out new game mechanics outside a test server, this will be a good place (because you can do it as event and don't have to worry PvP-Ladder)

Disadvantages of such a kingdom:

- if you enjoy conquering other players, this kingdom is nothing for you ...   but don't worry, there are enough other kingdoms for you

Last words:
As you may have noticed, english isn't my mother's tongue.
I tried my best, to translate my ideas, but maybe you will find some "funny constructions" or even mistakes.
I appreciate your feedback, but please don't be too harsh (remember your difficulties in learning other languages).
Translate

malagis Last edit in 2019-6-29 04:11:26

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
foster_991
User
Joined 2019-6-15
Last Visited 2019-08-19
Post time 2019-6-30 15:35:17 | Show all posts
Edited by foster_991@hotmail.com at 2019-6-30 16:00

Their anser for this is warehouse and hiding your troops so you dont lose resources. But it doesnt work for smaller players and the size of warehouse isnt big enough and the cost of upgrading meams if you get targeted its unfair for you vs players that are not, so I agree theres a balance problem that something to be done.
Would be good to see more coop and help each other.
Option 1: Join alliance with active players that will revenge counter attack ig you are attacked
Option 2: Devs improve warehouse and stationing army
Option 3: Make massive penalties for strong player when thay attack weaker player
Option 4: Mayby a different kingdom, but mayby better have a benevilant "zone" where player get permanent truce (with cost of permanent cant get major cities and cant atttack anyone either), so we still get people participating in the world. I would rather be in open world where players can participate

With comment above regarding missing pvp, I agree there currently there no real pvp as its not multiplayer/mmo, its all bots.
If we have a pvp where 1v1 or 2v2 coop or pvp can be had, but both players opt in so noone can be targeted, then you can have kingdom where smaller players dont need to be targeted and lose heart but opt into pvp. also a smaller player can coop 2v2 pvp with big brother (stronger player) to get resources and help level up
Everyone online can be searched and auto team-up for on;ine battle, true pvp and thos who dont want pvp doesnt have to participate

So make the system good for everyone.
Some players dont want to build up all their resources just to have it taken away, I understand that so potion for region where small players

Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • I support the PvP improvements. It's currently BvB (bot vs bot), which is started by a player and has impact on two players, but it's not PvP after all. No live strategy involved in battles.

All the strategy is what troops to send, in what order and in what amount... not really any strategy, to be honest. In the end mostly the power difference matters. I'd like to see a need for more thinking.
    Translate
    2019-7-3 05:46  Reply

foster_991 Last edit in 2019-6-30 15:35:17

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
birgitt.hofman...
User
Joined 2019-5-31
Last Visited 2020-01-13
Post time 2019-6-29 04:23:29 | Show all posts

Just do it!

Edited by birgitt.hofmann.dd at 2019-6-29 04:26

I would really appreciate such a kingdom.
Like the game itself, but there are way to much bullies and the game helps them to troll weaker players.

Different to other suggestions this solution won't change something for players, who like the current system. So win-win for all, i guess .

Hope the devs read this and give the idea a chance. I would even join this kingdom, when they don't add something for the missing PvP.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

birgitt.hofman... Last edit in 2019-6-29 04:23:29

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
babyphd
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2019-5-18
Last Visited 2022-01-22
Post time 2019-6-29 21:57:24 | Show all posts
Dear malagis,

Many thanks for the very interesting and detailed idea, I will make sure the devs receive your words and maybe the devs will take something into consideration!

Have a nice day!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

babyphd Last edit in 2019-6-29 21:57:24

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
daniella.lahol...
User
Joined 2019-4-13
Last Visited 2019-09-14
Post time 2019-6-30 20:41:57 | Show all posts
I see a negative factor in this.

Player A Got attacked and been in a war move to this kingdom and stay there some month and after the player got stronger than many others.

This idea are good. But should a player could move from a normal kingdom to this new free from attacks kingdom or should a player from this free from attacks kingdom to a normal kingdom?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

daniella.lahol... Last edit in 2019-6-30 20:41:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
malagis
User
Joined 2019-4-1
Last Visited 2020-02-20
 Author| Post time 2019-7-3 01:44:07 | Show all posts
Edited by malagis at 2019-7-3 02:15

First of all - thx for all your feedback.

The main idea is to have a "playground" for all the people, who doesn't care about PvP and for beginners.
Especially new players and/or players without an active guild are in the bad situation of beeing attacked constantly, sometime without knowing of how to prevent attacks. Of course there are some ways (shelter troops+lord, warehouse, ...), but some players even get raided for 10k gold and gold can be saved only after your castle is at Level 25.

And it should be a separate kingdom, not only a zone. Otherwise this zone could be overrun by players, who just want their peace or are heavy PvP-players, starting a vacation.

The kingdom without PvP should be open for all players. Even bigger players from other kingdoms.
Why should one be forced to start at the beginning?
I see no sense in forcing existing players to delete all their progress just to be part of a PvE-only kingdom, when it is allowed, that players change PvP-kingdoms as they wish.
And the experienced players could lead the beginners, help them into the game.

@ daniela.laholm
In my opinion, a PvE-only kingdom (no PvP) should be treated like all the other kingdoms. You can move to it, as soon as you have the alliance coins collected (or have bought thr transfer for real cash).
If there is someone hiding from attacks after he has started a war himself - where is the problem?
The bully will not troll the people in his old kingdom as he isn't part of it anymore.
The bully can't attack players in the PvE-only kingdom, as it isn't possible there.
Even if he grows in PVE-kingdom and wants to take "revenge" in his old kingdom - this isn't that easy. The others in his old kingdom will grow themselves and the bully returns alone and/or maybe not with full army power (higher transfer costs).
Translate
Floor reply (0)

malagis Last edit in 2019-7-3 01:44:07

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
malagis
User
Joined 2019-4-1
Last Visited 2020-02-20
 Author| Post time 2019-7-26 18:36:47 | Show all posts
Edited by malagis at 2019-7-26 18:38

After one month with lot's of new kingdoms there is still no PVE-only kingdom. So I guess it will never come.
As I don't want to wait any longer for changes probably never going to happen, I have decided to quit the game.

Thanks to all, who have supported this idea.

I guess, that thread can be closed
Translate
Floor reply (0)

malagis Last edit in 2019-7-26 18:36:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
revosend
User
Joined 2019-6-1
Last Visited 2020-12-05
Post time 2019-7-27 16:13:12 | Show all posts
What a great idea. I'm sure it will come out roughly at the same time as a free 2 play kingdom where you cannot buy black diamonds.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

revosend Last edit in 2019-7-27 16:13:12

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
choppper
User
Joined 2019-5-10
Last Visited 2019-10-05
Post time 2019-7-28 10:40:27 | Show all posts
Dear players,

Thank you for contributing your good ideas to improve the game, our developers always work to have the best experience.

Have a nice day!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

choppper Last edit in 2019-7-28 10:40:27

Support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-1-22 19:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088202 second(s), 50 queries .