North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Author: loa 1 events

[Forum Event] Monthly Marathon - November

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
dyllan vega
User
Joined 2016-5-5
Last Visited 2020-08-05
Post time 2019-11-28 23:09:32 | Show all posts
Edited by dyllan vega at 2019-11-29 07:38

CANTIQ
1418-PST
GTA
Topic 2 Task b.
What is in my fridge, which is vegetables, fruit, meat, milk, and my favorite food, is milk
Translate

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Floor reply (1)

dyllan vega Last edit in 2019-11-28 23:09:32

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
xbird
User
Joined 2016-8-28
Last Visited 2020-08-05
Post time 2019-11-28 23:09:47 | Show all posts
WckdMistress
UB 86
GTA

Topic 1
A: For this month's author, I've got to go with one who's far reaching and amazing mind has taken me on countless fantastic journeys .... J.R.R. Tolkein. Though I've read everything of his and those that study him that I could get my hands on, well-worn pages The Lord of the Rings Trilogy books are still the go-to for me when i want to immerse myself in another world. The rich and vast scenerio of the realms he created/adapated never cease to hold my interest and put the stresses of real life at bay for awhile.
B: When Elven King was released as an angel, I had to have him, as in my mind he's a dead ringer stand-in for Feanor, creator of the Silmirals.

Topic 4
Despite having traveled a fair amount of the US, I still find the Northeast/Mid Atlantic region to be the area that I will grow old and fade from life in, despite the extreme changes the seasons present.
Current home state of Pennsylvania:

Fact 1.  Where else does the populace turn to a rodent them tell us when to break out of hibernation? You can keep stonehenge and all the other solstice-aligned monoliths, we've got Punxsatawney Phil as our thermometer/sun inclinometer--giving PA the claim to fame of "Weather Forecasting Capital of the World!"   
Fact 2. Like Egypt, we've got a river that runs bass-ackwards (Monongahela) and flows to the North.
Fact 3. Thanks to abundant rainfall combined with the right soil types PA became the mushroon capital of the world; though most of the growth/production is now done in climate controlled factory buildings. I think deodorant consumption records tend to roll hand-in-hand with that title in certain areas!  On an "average" basis, PA gets 6-inches more rain per year than the US average.
Fact 4. One may think that the West Coast and the Rocky Mountains region of the US gets the most snowfall, but when it comes to Winter snowfall affecting mass populations, Erie PA holds the "Snowiest City" record with 138.4 inches of snow during the 2013-14 Winter. On an "average" basis, PA gets 10-inches more snow per year than the US average. And it usually melts into slop the same day ... right when you're done building your kid's sledding run!
Fact 5. The Appalachian Mountain Range helps divide PA into two climate zones with a distinctly warmer trend in the Southeastern 1/3rd of the state.  I've personally come across ice formations in well-shaded overhangs on the northwestern side of appalachian outcrops ... in May when temperatures were reaching close to the 80s. Not surprising farther north in the New England states ... but persistent ice in May in PA? Yep!

Fact 6. We get the lovely change of the seasons 4 times a year and with it the related temperature swings. Did I say 4 times a year? Uhhmmmm yeah, I keep a spare set of my snowshoes, umbrella, sweaters, shorts, t- shirts, parka, flip-flops, high altitude expedition parka and boots in the truck at all times. When it comes to weather and temps, to quote Mr. F. Gump, "you never know what you're gonna get" in a given hour!

Topic 7
A: Ever since being turned on to it while spending a crazy moonshined up Thanksgiving Break with a bunch of spelunkers and locals deep in the Applachians in Kentucky there is one mainstay tradition/Anthem that is considered the Turkey day blessing by many. And to do it justice, you better have a copy on vinyl and the turntable ready to roll. Unfortunately,  due to its length, I can't post the entire lyrics here

Alice's Restaurant Massacree
Arlo Guthrie

"You can get anything you wantat Alice's Restaurant..."

My own Blessing is simple "'Always Thankful to have everyone gathered round the table in harmony. Mom, Dad, Now let me tell you about the time that my loving brother over there' ....."

B: My own in-game party Turkey day crew would be;
Hellish Wolf, "blessed be thee for leading the pack into battle no matter the odds"
Demon Hecate., "blessed be thee for turning the tide of the enemies blitz back onto themselves"
Genesis "blessed be thee for always having the crews back ... and a nice booty to boot"
Inflamed Guard "blessed be thee for having the audacity to strut your stuff to draw their fire ...."
Lord Skyscream "blessed be thee for having the strength in your talons to swoop in and twist their lil heads off!"

Translate
Floor reply (1)

xbird Last edit in 2019-11-28 23:09:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abzj79m7tj7dl_...
User
Joined 2015-12-25
Last Visited 2020-08-04
Post time 2019-11-28 23:55:16 | Show all posts
Forum Event Monthly Marathon - November

Topic1. National Authors Day

A) My favourite author is Lauren Oliver. i like her book Replica, its about two girls unknowingly living the other lives, the story explores the themes of individuality, humanity and free will.  And her last book i read was Ringer, the second and final book Replica series.

B) i think HoarfrostBlade would best suit with Replica because she got a doppelganger too

Topic2 TaskA. Fast-Food

My all time favorite fast-food dine- in or take- out is Pizza!!

TaskB. Refrigerator Day
3 items i usually keep in refrigerator are
1) fruits 2) vegetables 3) fish or meat

dang! i so love chocolate!
thats my favorite food i kept there

Topic5 National Gratitude Month
I created a simple thank you card to my loa forum events friends Eva Mir Sarika and ashvinn

ign : Amberly
server: ud5
platform: facebook

Translate

x
Floor reply (3)

abzj79m7tj7dl_... Last edit in 2019-11-28 23:55:16

Support 203

Default Signature
Reply Support 203 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
th0r
User
Joined 2015-12-4
Last Visited 2020-08-04
Post time 2019-11-29 01:20:37 | Show all posts
Topic 1

A) i read a lot of books so wont pick any author as fev,

one of the books im reading i liked very much is wrritten by "Tsutomu Sato" is "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei"  a Japanese web novel which also got an anime adaptation and also got picked up by  yen press for English translation

the last work i read of him is vol 22 n watting for next volumes

B) i picked hades coz i feel hew looks domineering just like the main char shiba tatsuya n ve the same eye looks

Topic 2

Task a)
my fev take-out/fast food is mixed vegetable chicken noodles. its can be pasta noodles or white flower noodels i dont care as long as its ve veggies, chiken, egges n shirmp. n its verry common in food easy to make n cheap as well so walllaaa im loving it

Task b)
i got some curry chiken , vaggletable with shrimps  n oh yes apples n paer with a knife in my freezer and their r lots of PARATA in deep freez aswell

Topic 4

facts on my region
1. first let me give a intro - i live in a country called BANGLADESH n its ve 6 season OMG (all thankes to out poets n writer's )
2. It's climate is tropical with a mild winter from October to March, and a hot, humid summer from March to June
3. we ve naver seen snowfall here
4. Highest temperature this year was 40c
5. Natural calamities, such as floods, tropical cyclones, tornadoes, and tidal bores occur almost every year
6. water is frequently contaminated with arsenic because of the high arsenic content of the soil

Thor
1007 maria
gtarcade

Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

th0r Last edit in 2019-11-29 01:20:37

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abztc1drl7kbkr...
User
Joined 2019-3-16
Last Visited 2020-08-04
Post time 2019-11-29 02:41:01 | Show all posts
Edited by abztc1drl7kbkrvn@facebook.com at 2019-11-29 02:54

IGN;ANAND1611,SERVER;UC26,PLATFORM;FB                                                                                                    TASK;1                                                                                                                                                        MY Favorite author sandilyan he wrote histrycal novel ,
Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

abztc1drl7kbkr... Last edit in 2019-11-29 02:41:01

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
lcl1
User
Joined 2016-2-5
Last Visited 2020-08-03
Post time 2019-11-29 03:47:40 | Show all posts
Edited by lcl1@free.fr at 2019-11-29 03:59

Topic 1
A
My favorite author is René Barjavel is a French writer and journalist, best known for his anticipation novels. My fav book is “la nuit des temps”
« it might be time to ask if perfection is not in childhood, if the adult is not just a child who started to rot... »
B
I chose Noctura cause she is for me the best representation of the female protagonist of the book
Topic 2

A
My favorite fast-food is the sandwiches.
B
in my fridge I have chicken, fruits, and vegetables

Topic 5
My best gratitude and love for my girl friend who always given me her support and guidance without judgement  she’s always in my mind i love you my sweet darling

ign gemi
server giacomo1229
platform FB

Translate
Floor reply (1)

lcl1 Last edit in 2019-11-29 03:47:40

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sarika eva
User
Joined 2015-2-15
Last Visited 2020-08-03
Post time 2019-11-29 09:22:06 | Show all posts
Edited by sarika eva at 2019-11-29 09:24

[Forum Event] Monthly Marathon - November

TOPIC 1 --"National Author's Day"
A.  Fav author--Zahir Raihan
  Most liked works--Mo vie--Jibon theke neya ( a mo vie against ruling goverment in the heat of liberation war)
   Last work I've read--
Hajar Bochor Dhore (for thousand years)
                                 Comment--I had read this novel quite few years ago..This writter is an open minded & creative person..he narrated exactly the belief,the tradition,the life style,the method of living in  rural portion of our country..the name goes excatly with story as the inc idents or flow directs..“Hajar Bochor Dhore” in English term “Symphony of Agony” was first published on 1964. This novel represents the image of rural life in our country based on 19th century. It also focuses on the darkness of this pre ju d i ce, child marriage, poly g a my, v io len ce against women in a society of that time. Jahir Raihan is a renowned novelist of 19th century. Among all books of author “Hajar Bochor Dhore” is the best creation of Jahir Raihan. He depi cts the image of society of rural area of 19th century so clearly in the novel...I dont know yet any English version  or translation available for it,But I truly recommend this book if anyone have eager to know about my country..

B.  I think Genesis would fit in this literary work as Genesis can endure any sort of pain or torture,she does magic which is unexpected & more importantly she shift her attitude or behavior according to stituation which is quite import  ant for women ...

TOPIC 6: Mickey MouseA..I would call it "Bickey" ..as it would be a mixture of both Teddy Bear & Mickey Mouse look...This charecter will be  dynamic,creative,funny & more trouble maker for Mickey...

B.Santa..He will be a protective  charecter to Mickey Mouse..Moreover,Its christmas coming..so why Mickey need other friend than Santa..

TOPIC 7:Thanksgiving Day
TASK: a) Fav quote--"I am gratefull for what I am & have..My Thanksgiving is Perpetual.."--Henry David Thoreau
My Quote--Every single eye has crossed this line may always get blessings for every single time they have thanked others no matter what was the reason & the consequences...
b)Its difficult to eliminate other charecters to enlist a party member specially during a Thanksgiving day...But for recent time as I have to st ick with these heros for long I will invite them in this special day--Lord SkyScream,Genesis,Starcaller,Sibyl,Flamming warlord with their respective Guardian angels,sylphs,fairies & ofcourse their Loyal mounts(Not You Turkey) ...

IGN--angel eva
Server--ud7
Platform--Gtarcade
Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

sarika eva Last edit in 2019-11-29 09:22:06

Support 195

Default Signature
Reply Support 195 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
lucasai
User
Joined 2014-9-17
Last Visited 2020-08-06
Post time 2019-11-29 16:01:33 | Show all posts
Edited by lucasai at 2019-11-30 02:46

TOPIC 1
part A
My favourite book author is Taran Matharu. My favorite book from him is Summoner: The Battlemage. But the last T.Matharu book I read was The Outcast: Prequel to the Summoner Trilogy. I really like this series because ever since I was young I liked fantasy stories where mysterious creatures live and where the use of magic is a casual thing. I still like this type of books as an adult but some of the earlier titles feel to childish for me now. The Summoner series solves the problem because it's written in a way that reads really well for a grown-up. There is magic, fantastic creatures but also a war and a bit of romance - that's why I like this series so much.

part B
Let's just take Cottontail, the fluffy bunny mount. Doesn't it look as if it jumped straight from "Alices Adventures in Wonderland" by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson? I think that's where this mount originated. Why? Because Cottontail is wearing a hat that looks exactly like a teacup, perhaps it was desig-ned by a Mad Hatter? Surely a perfect accessory to wear to a tea party. Cottontail is also wearing a suit and a monocle, very gentleman-like and suitable for the world of that book.

TOPIC 6
Part A
A new friend of Mickey Mouse would be a distant cousin of Minnie Mouse. Her name would be Melody, Melody Mouse (the name just had to start with letter M). Melody Mouse would be a very energetic character with an incredible musical talent. She would play the piano and sing with a beautiful voice. Her outfit would be a yellow dress with blue musical notes pattern on it, plus two small matching ribbons on her head.

Part B
I think that Golden Hamster would make friends with Mickey Mouse. They both seem to have good manners and warm, funny personality. Also from more realistic point of view both hamster and mouse are rodents.

IGN: Lucasai
Server: S1
Platform: Armorgames

Translate

x
Floor reply (1)

lucasai Last edit in 2019-11-29 16:01:33

Support 87

Default Signature
Reply Support 87 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
hrusli730
User
Joined 2016-12-25
Last Visited 2020-08-05
Post time 2019-11-30 01:25:08 | Show all posts
My favorite author is: George Orwell. His works that I like most are: Animal Farm, 1984, Down and Out in Paris and London. His last work that I read is: Animal Farm. MOUNT TUSKY fits extremely well as the antagonist in Animal Farm. Rinchen, Sharkline (1357), Facebook
Translate
Floor reply (1)

hrusli730 Last edit in 2019-11-30 01:25:08

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
susan20
User
Joined 2014-6-18
Last Visited 2020-08-05
Post time 2019-11-30 07:15:21 | Show all posts
Edited by susan20 at 2019-11-30 07:36

Topic 1

Task A
My Favourite author is Bram Stoker with his book and the film adoption title "Dracula" . Its amazing fiction's story with fascinating plot , romance , horror and mystery .  This book made me imagined the frustated man like Dracula which can live long but must sucked the blood from other victims.

Task B

This Hero match with the image of this book character

Topic 2

My favourite fast food is "sweet martabak" , coz it contains many flavour like chocolates , peanuts, green tea , and etc in one dish . If i eat this , make me want to eat more and more .  

Thanks
Susan S320 Eione GTArcade

Translate

x
Floor reply (2)

susan20 Last edit in 2019-11-30 07:15:21

Support 135

Default Signature
Reply Support 135 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-8-6 00:52 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083814 second(s), 50 queries .