North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Suggestions
7430 Threads / 28415 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 857| Reply: 3

Really, it's time for synthing higher-level Angel Essence

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jthweatt
User
Joined 2015-12-17
Last Visited 2022-07-12
Post time 2020-4-4 03:50:13 | Show all posts |Read mode
Really, it's time for synthing higher-level Ange Reply:3| View:857
Edited by jthweatt at 2020-4-5 08:46

A couple of days ago, I was remarking on the posted rewards for the upcoming single-server Tycoon. When I mentioned that the first-place prize included Level 12 Angel Essence instead of Level 11, a server friend very quickly remarked "Well, that's stupid."

She's right, by the way.

I am generally a huge fan of the developers having the presence of mind to advance the rewards in ways that keeps them relelvant. But on rare occasions, it occurs to them to give rewards that outstrip the ability of most players to put them to use.

Disclaimer: I am aware that this game is a business, and that a profit motive is present. I recognize that creating incentives for consumption is the way that this profit motive is sometimes advanced.

But I have no trouble imagining that the great majority of players who might win this prize won't be able to put it to use. Awarding Angel Essence isn't like awarding high level gems. To use Level 12 Angel Essence, you have to have obtained eight Level 11 Angel Essences of the same type. Someone is bound to say differently, but I don't think it's an understatement to say that this is difficult.

Someone has to be the person to step in and take action. I believe that moderators who purport to have the ear of the developers are the best people to do this. But I'm not suggesting that having them dial back the rewards is the right course of action. That would discourage the developers from being pro-active. which is also pretty stupid.

Instead, the moderators have only to insist that now is the time that the level cap on synthing Angel Essence must be raised.

If the new normal is to get rewards that I can't reasonably use, then it's past time for me to go and do something else.

To be clear: urgent behavior is needed here. This is not the time for one of you to reply "We've suggested this to the developers" or even "We'll suggest this, but the developers have the final say in what additions are made." There's no dispute that both of those could be true statements, but I would almost rather receive no reply than receive either of those replies. This is not a time for passivity.

Speaking broadly, players need to know that the developers are going through the effort of improving the gaming experience, or they need to know that the developers aren't going to expend that effort. (Yes, I wrote that with a straight face.) You moderators are really the only link we players have for seeing that done.

Thank you.
Translate

jthweatt Last edit in 2020-4-4 03:50:13

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
pineapples
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2019-10-17
Last Visited 2022-04-25
Post time 2020-4-4 06:33:34 | Show all posts
being as I am required to respond, and the truth of the matter is that it is in the devs hands, I am at a loss of a creative way of saying...there is nothing more we can do that we haven't already done.
Translate
Floor reply (3)

pineapples Last edit in 2020-4-4 06:33:34

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
segman100
User
Joined 2014-6-30
Last Visited 2020-12-22
Post time 2020-4-7 09:04:46 | Show all posts
Send him a pineapple. That makes everyone happy
Translate
Floor reply (0)

segman100 Last edit in 2020-4-7 09:04:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
mistraven
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2019-10-17
Last Visited 2022-08-15
Post time 2020-4-7 12:52:55 | Show all posts
Hello jthweatt, regarding the fact that you would rather receive no reply - we are actually obligated to reply any new post in the forum threads. Also, even if we insist in pushing certain suggestions (which we do) it is still not up to us to make it happen. As LOA players this is equally frustrating for us, sometimes more when we insist only to get ignored.
But this is the "Suggestions" forum section - the meaning is in the very definition of the word - mentioning a possible course of action with no guarantee that it will actually happen like that  
Translate
Floor reply (0)

mistraven Last edit in 2020-4-7 12:52:55

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-8-17 19:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059981 second(s), 39 queries .