North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 807| Reply: 4

The Blue Bubble Effect

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jakobgamertsfe...
User
Joined 2019-11-24
Last Visited 2021-03-13
Post time 2020-5-12 10:54:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
The Blue Bubble Effect Reply:4| View:807
When a kingdom works well together, then there is plenty of room for conflict with Kingdom Wars, Alliance Conquest, Siege and so on.

However some players want to drive people from the game.

How they do this is to attack everyone weaker than themselves.  Killing gatherers and so on.

Why?

Partly it is because of the game design, it is much easier to fight weaker players, much more rewarding.  Makes it hard to keep new players, but that is how the design is.

Now the players who spend a lot on winning, want to win.  They spend the money to win.  But there is no winning in this game.

Castles are like rubber balls, you can stop playing, people can bash your castle every day for a month, then when you start playing again, a week later it is like all the attacks did nothing.

So how do you emerge as the final victor?

You have to get rid of the other players, stop them playing.  That means you will be the last player left in the game, and therefore you won the game.

That is how these people think.

Which is why they want everyone to bubble, they keep attacking everyone every day so that everyone uses Truce all the time.

Because when you use Truce all the time, your progress slows down, you use Diamonds to buy Truces, when you could have bought items to upgrade your buildings.

That's what I call the Blue Bubble Effect, when a whole kingdom starts using Truce, then someone in that kingdom is trying to get rid of other players from the game, because in their head that is what they think winning is.

Translate

jakobgamertsfe... Last edit in 2020-5-12 10:54:22

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
thunderfury
Team Lead
Joined 2019-8-10
Last Visited 2022-07-17
Post time 2020-5-12 14:38:11 | Show all posts
Hello jakobgamer,
Everyone has a different goal of how they want to play the game whether its farming or fighting . Unfortunately some will pay more to have an advantage over others. Thank you for your insight and feedback!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

thunderfury Last edit in 2020-5-12 14:38:11

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
libertyscaper
User
Joined 2020-1-19
Last Visited 2022-01-17
Post time 2020-5-15 11:17:21 | Show all posts
You know a simple solution here would be to create a bubble effect for gatherers... make em expensive or cheap but this would be one way to balance it out.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

libertyscaper Last edit in 2020-5-15 11:17:21

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
skelheaton
Team Lead
Joined 2019-5-16
Last Visited 2021-07-04
Post time 2020-5-15 16:43:42 | Show all posts
Dear Lord libertyscaper,

It's far from being that much of a simple solution, not when GOTWIC mostly is a strategy and war game in first hand. But I take your suggestion and forward it.

Regards
Translate
Floor reply (0)

skelheaton Last edit in 2020-5-15 16:43:42

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
the.fargrist
User
Joined 2019-4-28
Last Visited 2021-03-15
Post time 2020-5-15 17:29:34 | Show all posts
The long term looks to be this way.

If some alliances want to burn every other player then those weaker players have to pay blue diamonds to bubble up.

Paying more blue diamonds is the same as paying real money because by shielding all the time you slow your progress down, which is the time part.  IF you ask customers to pay more, you get fewer customers.

That makes sense.  More cost = fewer players.

Some may say the drama of having alliances wrecking every new player is a good thing, it creates a bad guy, a story, a narrative.  Someone has to be the bad guy.

However we should look at the numbers to see if that is a working argument.

Are the numbers of players increasing?

If they are, that would support the argument that alliances which fight everyone are a good thing.

The other problem with time is that established players who pay money, become unbeatable by newer players who pay money.

The difference is time.  A new player with plenty of money will never catch up.

This is because of the time, but also the growth of design.

New mechanics have to be added to keep the game interesting for older players.  New ways of spending money is on of those things.

What happens then is players buy the accounts of other players.  This seems a common practice, and usually the accounts bought are at a significant discount from what the original player paid to Yoozoo.

The obvious product idea arises.  Sell more complete accounts to newer players that have lots of money.

Compete against the shady people who buy and sell accounts.

Anyhow, there are people who prefer to play differently from the way I do and that is part of the attraction of these war games.  But yes, I think the point remains that allowing people to constantly attack weaker players, is not fun for the weaker players.  

Maybe we should have a Peace Day.

We have...
1. Kingdom War 24 hours of all out war.
2. Castle Siege, a couple of hours of war once every 5 days.
3. Lord of War event that is 2 days every so often.

That is plenty of structured PvP, on top of that there is the constant threat of unstructured PvP.

Usually as a consequence of money players coming to a kingdom to destroy it, the weaker alliances leave the Kingdom.  I have moved my alliance twice, and each time it's worse for my alliance from the perspective of keeping players.  I lose them, they stop playing.

So, I think there is a strong disincentive to continue playing with this unstructured warfare which should be balanced by a way of recruiting new players.  Otherwise you will start to notice that it gets harder and harder to complete Alliance Help tasks.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

the.fargrist Last edit in 2020-5-15 17:29:34

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-8-20 07:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055769 second(s), 41 queries .