North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Bugs
16626 Threads / 75906 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 76| Reply: 11

LOA Plug-in isn't working with Firefox

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
brewitchin
User
Joined 2017-6-10
Last Visited 2021-01-21
Post time 2021-1-14 12:36:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
LOA Plug-in isn't working with Firefox Reply:11| View:76
Edited by brewitchin@facebook.com at 2021-1-14 12:52

I downloaded and installed the LOA plug-in for my browser several weeks ago. While I play mainly on the client/desktop app, I installed the plug-in so I could use my browser as back up to play the game.

I know that flashplayer is no longer supported by any browser, but while trying to play in my browser this morning I discovered that I do not get the option on the main game screen to continue playing using the plug-in.  I had assumed that the major browsers support the plug-in, but cannot verify that.  I get a grayed out main game screen, with a big 'f' for flash player on it, with no option to select 'conintue playing' and activating the plug-in.  So here I am asking for help with this issue.  Thanks!

Translate

brewitchin Last edit in 2021-1-14 12:36:27

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ashra ashrael
User
Joined 2017-11-14
Last Visited 2021-01-21
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
For Fb players having problem running the game with the app there is my work around: i use globus privacy browser or Uc browser. I know that they are discontinued but are working without plugin or didnt get affected by the end flash (use them only to play). Maybe are others out there but this 2 know to working for sure.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ashra ashrael Last edit in 3 day(s) ago

Support 1

Default Signature
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
ƐӀɾìç
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2020-9-2
Last Visited 2021-01-20
Post time 2021-1-14 13:32:41 | Show all posts
Hello bre, we heard you had some trouble uploading your screenshot, please try using this and just posting the link:

https://prnt.sc/

We tested the webapp with a fresh install of firefox and were prompted to choose the application to open the session file with and chose the webapp.  There may be a setting on your current install that is blocking this pop up or something like that.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ƐӀɾìç Last edit in 2021-1-14 13:32:41

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
brewitchin
User
Joined 2017-6-10
Last Visited 2021-01-21
 Author| Post time 2021-1-15 12:19:05 | Show all posts
Edited by brewitchin@facebook.com at 2021-1-15 12:25

Hope this works and the screenshot will post here.

https://prnt.sc/wnx8fr

I am running the most recent update of Firefox.  You could be correct that something is being blocked, so hopefully you can get me in the right direction with the link to the screenshot up above.  I use the client/desktop to play, but wanted to download and install the LOA plug-in as a back up way to play in case something happens with the client.

I do have a question about the client too.  Does the client/desktop app use flashplayer?  If it does, I'm not sure if anyone on the development team have heard, but at some point soon MS will be releasing an update that will automatically 'remove' Adobe flashplayer from all OS.  When that happens, the client will not longer load and won't work any longer.

Just a little bit of information about flashplayer to pass along.

Thanks for any help you can give me to get the LOA browser plug-in working as a back-up to play the game.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

brewitchin Last edit in 2021-1-15 12:19:05

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
silvermistr
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2020-8-25
Last Visited 2021-01-21
Post time 2021-1-15 13:05:08 | Show all posts
Hello,

From your screenshot, that is a Facebook character and Plug-in is only for GTA character. The alternative we can suggest to you is Facebook Gameroom. Have you tried that? We have tested it and it is working still. As for your other question, the mini-client has been tested on computer with no flash installed and can run just fine. Hope that will ease your worries.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

silvermistr Last edit in 2021-1-15 13:05:08

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
brewitchin
User
Joined 2017-6-10
Last Visited 2021-01-21
 Author| Post time 2021-1-16 12:44:53 | Show all posts
I started playing LOA through the FB game room.  That's how I found LOA, while searching for a new challenging game, plus had seen it advertised on TV.  

So what you are saying that if I started my LOA account through FB, I won't be able to use the plug-in?  I thought the plug-in replaced flash player.  If that isn't true, then the information given on LOA's home page is incorrect.  Certainly LOA developers realized that many of us started playing through FB and that plug-in should have included LOA characters created through the FB account. From what I understood the plug-in would allow LOA players the ability to continue playing through a browser using their plug-in.  And that's exactly why I downloaded/installed the plug-in.  Nothing was stated that it would only work on an LOA character, not a FB character.  It shouldn't matter how the character was created, I still accessed the LOA server through FB.

So guess there's nothing else that can be done at this point. So if they are ever any issues with the client app (like there was on Wednesday, when I could not get access to my LOA character/account for most of the day), then I won't be able to play until the client app is fixed.

Thanks for the info regarding about the client working with or without flash player.  At least that part I won't have to worry about.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

brewitchin Last edit in 2021-1-16 12:44:53

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
silvermistr
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2020-8-25
Last Visited 2021-01-21
Post time 2021-1-16 13:21:10 | Show all posts
Apologies if the previous statement confused you. GTA character means those from GTA platform. You do not see this option to install Plug-in unless you are on GTA official site, yes? So this is only apply for GTA platform character. IF you have created your character right on Facebook, that means, Facebook is your platform, not GTA, so of course the plug-in will not be available for them.

However, this does not mean you do not have alternatives to play your Facebook character. Aside from Facebook Gameroom, you can still use the mini-client. The only thing you need to do is use Facebook quick login.

Additionally, the developers recently added a new feature called Multiple login. You can log up to 5 extra accounts so we always recommend players to start playing using mini-client as we know some if not most have multiple accounts. Hope this information will help.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

silvermistr Last edit in 2021-1-16 13:21:10

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
brewitchin
User
Joined 2017-6-10
Last Visited 2021-01-21
 Author| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I understood what you were talking about in reference to the GTA platform and FB platform.  But it still would have been a better idea if developers had also included those who created their account on the FB platform regarding the plug-in.  I know several players, who also started playing on FB through the game room.  So they also will experience the same issue if they try to access the game through a browser 'thinking' the plug-in will work.

Do you suppose it could be suggested to developers to make changes to the game to allow those who use the FB platform, to also be able to use the plug-in?  That would give me and others another way to play as a back up, in case there are issues with the client.  In fact, there was an issue with the client last Wednesday.  Right in the middle of SS Tycoon, the game wouldn't load out to my account.  It would load the game back to the beginning, where I would have had to start over.  I couldn't access the client all day, until later that evening.

Thus I lost a good part of that day while SS Tycoon was going on.  I suspect that my server was down, but since I couldn't access the plug-in through Firefox I have no idea if that's what happened that day.

Hope you will pass along my suggestion to add the FB platform to allow those of us the ability to use the plug-in on a browser as a backup to play.  Thanks!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

brewitchin Last edit in 3 day(s) ago

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
silvermistr
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2020-8-25
Last Visited 2021-01-21
Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
If you are experiencing trouble logging into your server, please report it here immediately. We do not know any in-game issues till one player from the servers reports it. Regarding your request, we can ask/suggest but please take note that the decision is not up to us if the answer is not favourable.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

silvermistr Last edit in 3 day(s) ago

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
pineapples
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2019-10-17
Last Visited 2021-01-20
Post time 2 day(s) ago | Show all posts
thank you for the input ashra, some say puffin is still working and i use Maxathon from time to time without any problems.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

pineapples Last edit in 2 day(s) ago

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-1-21 12:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.063085 second(s), 52 queries .