North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1206| Reply: 14

should mods be rotated out

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
skelator von g...
User
Joined 2014-11-26
Last Visited 2016-08-20
Post time 2016-4-2 06:02:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
should mods be rotated out Reply:14| View:1206
originally mods were only supposed to stay a mod for a month(6000 free gold for helping out)and find their own successors from forums so a NEW person could get the free 6k gold... but somewhere along the lines it got changed for whatever reason and they no longer have to step down...

the arguments for each option
1-3months=shortest turnaround meaning more ppl will get a chance to get the free 6k-18k gold... but the mods wouldnt be *quite* as good as they will have less exp

4-6 months= a pretty decent tenure so less ppl will be able to get the free 24-36k gold... but the mods will have a lil more exp dealing with issues

mods get to stay a mod forever= barely any new turnaround since mods only lose their position through gross missconduct like abusing glitches and being caught or quitting...but the mods are more familar with running things and things might get fixed a lil faster

keep in mind tho according to sorosy it only takes 3 weeks to train a mod(seems excessive to me... it should take maybe a day to learn most of what they have to do but there might be random tidbits that might take a couple days to get the hang of) the majority of their job is just answering questions/issues in forums if they know the info/can help and forwarding issues/concerns/suggestions to the devs via skype(which anyone can do by copy/paste maybe elaborate a lil on it if the dev has a question)if they dont know the info or have the solution andrelay the info back and forth between players and devs(again copy and paste lol)till the situation is resolved....there may be random other things that mods do but from speaking to several mods thats pretty much all they do answer questions or relay info...but both the 1st 2 options should give them plenty of time to find and train a replacement

with the short turnaround option we may eventually run out of new ppl who are semicompetent or WANT to be a mod so it could rotate back to the 1st person who stepped down then 2nd etc etc and those ppl wouldnt need the (3 weeks lol)training

if a mod cant find/refuses to find a successor and train them then the mod should be given the option to stay as a mod with no pay if hed like to use his exp to help... or step down and let the other mods decide on a replacement
Single Polls, Total 23 Users voted
69.57% (16)
13.04% (3)
17.39% (4)
Your User group have no permission to vote

skelator von g... Last edit in 2016-4-2 06:02:56

Support

skelator s154(u28)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
skelator von g...
User
Joined 2014-11-26
Last Visited 2016-08-20
 Author| Post time 2016-4-2 06:04:10 | Show all posts
feel free to discuss but keep it semi-civil
Translate
Floor reply (0)

skelator von g... Last edit in 2016-4-2 06:04:10

Support

skelator s154(u28)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
skelator von g...
User
Joined 2014-11-26
Last Visited 2016-08-20
 Author| Post time 2016-4-2 06:05:12 | Show all posts
atm they dont have to rotate out so i was curious how the community as a whole felt about it
Translate
Floor reply (0)

skelator von g... Last edit in 2016-4-2 06:05:12

Support

skelator s154(u28)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sorosy
User
Joined 2014-5-30
Last Visited 2017-09-05
Post time 2016-4-2 06:17:15 | Show all posts
Edited by sorosy at 2016-4-2 08:33

Just to correct something. It is 2 weeks training.

If it is called for me to step down as a Moderator and find a Successor then so be it, I would do it or I would even stay on with no pay after so long. I don't actually know why the Mod length of time was changed or I would give a better response with that so I am sorry that I can't be more helpful with that issue.
Translate
Floor reply (1)

sorosy Last edit in 2016-4-2 06:17:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bart revell
User
Joined 2014-10-19
Last Visited 2016-08-17
Post time 2016-4-2 08:04:30 | Show all posts
this whole discussion is b.s to me.
I see nothing wrong with any of the mods.
Its the devlopers who need rotation
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • i didnt say there was anything WRONG with the mods i just thought it shouldnt be the same ppl getting ALL the free gold and it would be more fair if it was spread around
    Translate
    2016-4-2 09:38  Reply
  • and the developers DO need rotated out lol
    Translate
    2016-4-2 09:38  Reply

bart revell Last edit in 2016-4-2 08:04:30

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Zzzz..

Credits
xdane
Joined 2014-9-9
Last Visited 2016-06-09
Post time 2016-4-2 08:19:46 | Show all posts
Hi Skeleton,

Both the tenureship of Mods and GMs (Guides) are no longer mandated with 'rotational' period. It was implemented ever since the era of the original mods (i.e Chrono, Yoshikou, SecretRogue).

Since this is a valid question, I will keep this open as long as it will not sway on unnecessary remarks like player flaming and such.

Thanks.
Translate
Floor reply (3)
  • Since you retired from being a mod for 3 months. and now youre back. It seems you rotaterd
    Translate
    2016-4-2 08:27  Reply
  • xdane 

Looks like it
    Translate
    2016-4-2 08:33  Reply
  • ya i know they arent rotated anymore could you elaborate on the REASON maybe? and i did specifically mention to keep it civil when discussing
    Translate
    2016-4-2 09:40  Reply

xdane Last edit in 2016-4-2 08:19:46

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
skelator von g...
User
Joined 2014-11-26
Last Visited 2016-08-20
 Author| Post time 2016-4-2 09:42:11 | Show all posts
ya this is a question about mods in general not any specific mod or on their performance or how valuable they are etc etc just 2 simple questions SHOULD mods be rotated out so more ppl can get the gold and if so how long should their tenure be?
Translate
Floor reply (1)

skelator von g... Last edit in 2016-4-2 09:42:11

Support

skelator s154(u28)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Zzzz..

Credits
xdane
Joined 2014-9-9
Last Visited 2016-06-09
Post time 2016-4-2 10:35:20 | Show all posts
Actually, I have no information why it was discarded. But I guess since GMs (Guides) don't have rotation period for their service, the same policy was also applied to the mods.

With all honesty, I just hope they would remove incompetent devs and get better ones from their other game department.

Btw, I'm an authorized forum moderator now and I'm doing this for free. No golds or any other payment is involved. Thanks Skeleton for asking.
Translate
Floor reply (3)
  • oh i coulda swore you said in a diff post(too tired to search for it)you WERENT a mod anymore its awesome your doing it for free tho ive suggested that several times b4 but i am upset ya deleted the other post i made without unlocking the one i was waiting on a PUBLIC reply from flandre...feel free to edit any perceived "flamming" out if you want but i still would like to know if he did his job and forwarded that mara suggestion(if his answer is yes skype keeps conversations might take a few mins but the date is on the suggestion thread so shouldnt be too hard to screenshot proof...hey you guys are always asking for screenshots to prove something went wrong even when its obvious we werent expecting it to go wrong so didnt take a screenshot ahead of time )
    Translate
    2016-4-2 14:58  Reply
  • all other similar fights have teams you can boot ppl(nian gd etc)so i thought it was a pretty valid suggestion to forward, flandre didnt think it SHOULD be implemented and actually advocated stealing...so i find it kinda hard to believe he did what he was supposed to do and what hes being paid to do and RELAY OUR CONCERNS TO THE DEVS
    Translate
    2016-4-2 15:02  Reply
  • that and the sheer ammount of time hes been a mod getting all that free gold noone else has the option to get(since mods arnt rotated as originally planned) are the only problems i have with him a simple screenshot and him either stepping down for someone else or doing what you did(if he really was in it to help instead of for his own gain)and being a mod for no pay would satisfy me...since both you and him have gotten MASSIVE amounts of gold for pretty much just being middlemen and taking all the heat when devs mess up it feels fair to me that youve both gained more than enough gold for the job...ya you guys answer questions and stuff but so do many other normal members majority of questions are answered regardless of if a "mod" is there or not most of us on forums have been playing just as long and know just as much bout the game ;)
    Translate
    2016-4-2 15:15  Reply

xdane Last edit in 2016-4-2 10:35:20

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
the villain
User
Joined 2014-10-20
Last Visited 2016-06-19
Post time 2016-4-2 10:48:58 | Show all posts
I've got no issue with a MOD not having a time limit on their tenure. Why rotate out a MOD thats actually competent? I think it should be like any workplace. If your competent you stay, if you're not then u get punted. I think the only problem the Admin have is not punting ones that need to be cut loose
Translate
Floor reply (4)
  • well put aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
    Translate
    2016-4-2 11:02  Reply
  • true and id agree if it wasnt set up to be a rotating thing and then the rotation is just ignored so they can continue to benefit(sure we have competent mods but they arent the only ones who can be competent some of the new mods are better than some of the previous ones)
    Translate
    2016-4-2 14:41  Reply
  • Sometimes it's better the devil you know than the one you don't. Some of the MODS currently do a Passable-Good job so I see no reason to replace them with someone who may show potential, but later find out they're terrible. Only reason I could see a MOD replaced is just utter incompetence or dishonest behavior (i.e cheating). But we all know some cheated and did't get punted so really this thread is kinda pointless since what we THINK should happen and what DOES happen are 2 totally different things.....regardless of how obvious the answer might be.
    Translate
    2016-4-2 15:39  Reply
  • true i mean its not like we the paying customers actually have any say about it but maybe jelly will happen to notice as i think shes the only one with any authority to keep mods in check make sure they do their job etc
    Translate
    2016-4-6 16:59  Reply

the villain Last edit in 2016-4-2 10:48:58

Support

Villain United-25

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
xclusive
User
Joined 2015-1-9
Last Visited 2019-07-31
Post time 2016-4-2 13:19:11 | Show all posts
Edited by xclusive at 2016-4-2 13:35

i want them to get only 500 gold per week. i will agree to give them 1500 per week if they can fixed our problems,
But the problems is they only tranfering the problem to DEVS. only mean they are only Middle person.  PLAYERS > MOD > DEVS.
so i want them to get as low as 500 GOld per week. this should be fair for VIP's
PLease be reminded that 1500GOLD = Almost $100 worth of donation..And VIP should pay $100 just to get 2000 and have to pay $300 - $400 just to get 6K-8K gold per month.

Translate
Floor reply (5)
  • how bout the useless gm and guides we hav ingame??? they dont deserve any golds ffs. mods are way more helpful than those afkers.
    Translate
    2016-4-2 13:29  Reply
  • nope. everyone should get 500G, that should be the way. This is the reason why lot of High VIP are getting off and others Stop from paying. if they want to bring it back that is how it is. even if the MODS are doing their Best, THey are still Useless if the DEVS dont process what they report. everything is depend on the DEVS, 1500 is too much ( im not jealous since i dont play like i did when i first start here, and i dont pay anymore ).
    Translate
    2016-4-2 13:40  Reply
  • a pay cut is an interesting idea but it still doesnt share the wealth around like if they were rotated but your right they are kinda overpaid for just being a middleman relaying information... thats the only thing we actually NEED them for(unless we had an actual DEV for the forum then we wouldnt need a middleman)the mods HAVE done a bunch of helpful stuff like compiling lists of everyone effected by this or that and keeping the forums "fairly civil"(they go overboard with the deleting and locking sometimes when they themselves are accused or questioned but noone likes being told they are in the wrong or having their authority questioned) but answering questions and helping solve things that DONT require a developer we CAN and HAVE been doing as a community
    Translate
    2016-4-2 14:37  Reply
  • its actually kinda odd that guides or helpers arent rotated...most similar games hire 1-2 ppl to help on a new server for a SET amount of time(till the server isnt new anymore and most the ppl know the basic functions so they can in turn help anyone who happens to join late or something) usually like 2 weeks maybe 1 month like when i was a helper for e v o n y or castlot they had specific accounts for helpers and theyd change the pw and give it to one person for their 2 weeks or month then change pw and give it to the next helper
    Translate
    2016-4-2 14:46  Reply
  • R2 games don't "Rotate" Guides. they had a team of around 20 for Wartune. basically all u did was log in to a Guide acct, went to new servers and answered dumb noob questions or reported acct issues to a Moderator. Only a few Mod's actually had the ear of a Dev and only they corresponded with the Dev's. Also should point out Guides didn't get any in game currency as payment. All they got were mat's and resources available to all players but ofc higher quantity. Mod's didn't even play the game. Not sure if they had no interest or weren't allowed
    Translate
    2016-4-2 15:45  Reply

xclusive Last edit in 2016-4-2 13:19:11

Support

United 34 HKT

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-2-29 16:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071534 second(s), 53 queries .