North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 454| Reply: 2

Suggestion: BR based Matching for X server

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
youngwings
User
Joined 2016-4-11
Last Visited 2018-08-16
Post time 2016-4-14 04:38:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
Suggestion: BR based Matching for X server Reply:2| View:454
I just recently hit 40, and every match has been stacked with all 40s with 1.2m-1.6m BR... i have 900k BR at the moment and cant even win a single fight. Not to mention 90% of them are just running little helper which ruins the idea of "Compeditive play" as it is.... I suggest that Matchmaking for X server should be based around BR rather than Level. What do you think?

Also, on a side note.... Little helper is the worse thing to happen to X server if you want ANY kind of competition, Having the game stand in 1 location and mine a mine dry, then stand in that 1 location for it to respawn, then repeat... its pretty much a bot, which most MMOs ban for, so why build one in?
Translate

youngwings Last edit in 2016-4-14 04:38:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
aoidr
User
Joined 2016-4-2
Last Visited 2017-04-27
Post time 2016-4-14 07:42:49 | Show all posts
The only problem being the cash players would never get a match.

There is a pretty simple system at work here, you can take your time to level and instead raise BR - slow levelling as its called in Wartune,

Or you can race for levels with the cash players - which is what you have done if you have 900k BR at level 40.
Problem with getting as many levels as quick as possible, as you are now noticing you get owned in any kind of PvP situation that involves matchmaking.

Changing the rules to compensate you for having low BR is not fair on those who would then have to be matched against a lvl 40 when they are only lvl 34-35.

It isn't nice to find your BR is lacking, but its part of the game - manage your BR first, then level.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • Yes, that is understandable.... however... when the match lines up and Team red is 8 people with 1.3-1.6m and Team blue is 9 people 700k-900k and 1 person above 1mil... its a little unbalanced
    Translate
    2016-4-14 08:33  Reply

aoidr Last edit in 2016-4-14 07:42:49

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
viersia
User
Joined 2015-3-2
Last Visited 2016-11-22
Post time 2016-4-14 22:46:00 | Show all posts
I'm sorry, but we shouldn't be looking at leveling as a penalty if you don't happen to cash. As is, a significant portion of EXP comes from doing the various daily quests, which also yield other rewards toward progression. Telling people not to use them is counter-intuitive.

Now, a few things should happen to better facilitate fairer fights.
- Create smaller scale modes of each PvP event. For example, crystal mining could be 5v5 with a 500 goal instead of 10v10 and 1000.
- Create brackets for every 5 levels that are further broken down into 3 tiers based on projected BR. The first for people who spend nothing, working solely off quest/event rewards. The second adding some light spending on top. The third being the mega cashers.
- The above in mind, first attempt to put someone in the proper match in a 10v10 scenario. If at least 12 bodies can not field the event, bump it down to 5v5.
- If a 5v5 can not be fielded by at least 3 players on each side, proceed to place someone LFG in the next tier. Free players should never be immediately put into Premium and vice versa. Those in the middle would go either way.

I know it's easy to look at LH as the enemy here, but you're never going to have a truly fair competition if you don't attempt to make the fights fair from the start. The above is basically an alternative to things like capping someone's efficacy if they're over a certain average BR or even bolstering the lesser geared players. Both options will meet complaints from those who spend a lot feeling they can't take advantage of their strength while the "lazy" ones would get free power, even if temporarily.

Put another way, this is why you don't look to P2W games for good PvP.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

viersia Last edit in 2016-4-14 22:46:00

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-12-8 15:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053047 second(s), 37 queries .