North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1839| Reply: 19

Auction House - no f2p allowed?!?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
aoidr
User
Joined 2016-4-2
Last Visited 2017-04-27
Post time 2016-4-27 18:46:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
Auction House - no f2p allowed?!? Reply:19| View:1839
Okay so I see that Auction House will be introduced in next version update - great idea!

Ialso see that only recharged diamonds will be allowed for use in the Auction House - terrible gamebreaking bad idea!

To allow only cash players to use the auction house kills the game for free to play, as you are creating an unstoppable monster for the cash players - and a pointless gaming experience for free to play.
I intend to cash slightly when you eventually open an EU server, but to be honest this auction house has stopped me in my tracks, I do not want to play a game that promotes a cash only auction house.

Also how exactly are you going to differentiate between recharge diamonds and non recharged, what happens if a free to play sells an item for diamonds - can they now use those diamonds to purchase other itms off the Auction House,
or are they stuck with diamonds they cannot reuse in the Auction House as they did not themselves recharge/

Actually are free to play allowed to list items at all?!?

So can we get some feedback on the points raised here please.
Translate

aoidr Last edit in 2016-4-27 18:46:11

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Team Lead

Credits
badsector27
Team Lead
Joined 2015-11-27
Last Visited 2021-02-25
Post time 2016-4-30 01:13:39 | Show all posts
Edited by badsector27 at 2016-4-30 01:15

THIS IS ONLY HOW I THINK IT WILL WORK

This is not a official reply, since we currently do not know all the details but this is how i think it will work

VIP system keep a record of the amount u have recharged.

so it will use that amount as a reference, once u buy something from auction house, value get subtracted, u recharge more, value get added.

so let say u have recharge 2K, u can spend those then get 2K free from game and u should be able to use them in auction house. You will not be able to spend more then 2K though

Note: again this is how i think it will work, we will know the details once it is released.
Note2: it will be using VIP as reference, buying will not lower VIP level, thats a separate thing. just to make it clear

Regards
BadSector
Translate
Floor reply (1)

badsector27 Last edit in 2016-4-30 01:13:39

Support 1

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kalgor
User
Joined 2013-12-9
Last Visited 2018-08-13
Post time 2016-4-27 20:57:50 | Show all posts
Well free players usually stick around for quite a while, I stayed in Knight Fable till I got in top 10 back then as a free player, but yeah the cash shop being recharge diamonds based only, makes things somewhat hard and feels like free players will end up leaving sooner than they should. if it falls to the top spenders too fast, specially since they might end up flocking in 1-2 guilds, the servers will die out sooner in my opinion. I'd rather see a stronger politic against multi accounts to control the hoarders. From my point of view, I saw the auction house, b4 explained, as a means to balance things out and give free players access to other things that high vips would get more often and in surplus.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kalgor Last edit in 2016-4-27 20:57:50

Support 1

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
amakusav
User
Joined 2015-7-27
Last Visited 2020-08-15
Post time 2016-4-27 20:17:22 | Show all posts
This game give you so many free diamonds so they do that to prevent diamond hoarding clones. Many players will abuse the auction house to get a lot of free diamonds if any diamonds could be used to buy
Translate
Floor reply (0)

amakusav Last edit in 2016-4-27 20:17:22

Support 1

Chilling

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
(s1)ravin
User
Joined 2016-3-25
Last Visited 2017-05-08
Post time 2016-4-27 20:39:49 | Show all posts
Hi Aoidr,

I will forward your concerns to the Dev team and let your concerns be heard. Thank you for playing LOA2 and we value all of our players. Expect things to expand as time passes. I do not have any specific details on what free to players will be allowed to do versus paid players but as someone has stated the game provides some diamonds for everyone. Again, thanks for playing LOA2 and we look forward to seeing you in game.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • Yes it does give free diamonds, the way around this is if items sold for diamonds have those diamonds placed into the recharged diamonds affix - after all someone paid for those diamonds using cash at the beginning.
    Then you allow free players to list their items for sale in the AH, this then gets free to play a way to buy off the auction house using diamonds from items they sold previously.
    If you allow the sale of Legendary Hero Shards or maybe even full Legendary Hero's then free to play can get in the act.

This would also make the cash players still have the advantage, but at least free to play can participate now so it's not completely game breaking.
    Translate
    2016-4-27 21:40  Reply

(s1)ravin Last edit in 2016-4-27 20:39:49

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
alphazero
User
Joined 2015-5-10
Last Visited 2018-08-13
Post time 2016-4-27 20:51:31 | Show all posts
so greedy, you can only spend the diaz that you recharge, meaning top players/cashers monopolize prices and just make even more diaz, free players are jipped out of getting any decent things from there no matter how long they save, and now with diamond prices being almost 3x the normal cost, it makes it much worse
Translate
Floor reply (0)

alphazero Last edit in 2016-4-27 20:51:31

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jean luc picar...
User
Joined 2015-6-6
Last Visited 2016-11-15
Post time 2016-4-27 21:31:15 | Show all posts
This is GTA guys don't forget, it's a profit company, they will try and squeeze all the $ they can from their players even to the possibility of planting SEED players as they have done in the past to force regular PAY to WIN players to spend even more.  Their REP is established.
Translate
Floor reply (1)
  • Pffft. You're already getting tons of FREE DIAMONDS! The video contest even allow players to win up to 6,000 diamonds. Who are really the GREEDY bunch here, you guys or the gtarcade team? Laughable.
    Translate
    2016-5-1 18:04  Reply

jean luc picar... Last edit in 2016-4-27 21:31:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
crovile
User
Joined 2014-6-21
Last Visited 2019-03-19
Post time 2016-4-27 21:36:22 | Show all posts
The Auction House is a great addition. I see why people are biased over this. So I'll just put my thoughts in.

1. All P2P & F2P players can auction their items. I "DO NOT" see anywhere written that it's exclusive to certain people. So everyone has their chance on auctioning their items and making some good cash.

2. ONLY diamonds bought through recharge can be used. This I think is fair enough. Else, people can just set up Alts and roll around stuff since this game offers a huge amount of Diamonds in rewards to everyone of us. I wonder if most people didn't read it right, but this condition puts a STOP on people who could just dump in all the goodies on 1 char.

3. Every F2P & P2P can farm a good amount of diamonds. I think it is very very profitable for all of us.

So people, please stop ranting for the wrong reasons. If you think properly, this function will only profit all of us.
Translate
Floor reply (3)
  • Whilst I see that some people are ranting in this thread, my original post isn't a rant its questioning how the auction house will work, and wether free to play can use it.
    Your assuming that free players can list their items because it doesn't say they cannot, but it does say only recharged diamonds can be used - usually there is a listing fee for auction houses - only recharged diamonds can be used, see now how free to play cannot use the auction house?
    If I am wrong then great, I want free players to have access as well as cash players - I just read it differently than you are, which is why I asked for clarification before this goes live.
    Translate
    2016-4-27 21:50  Reply
  • Exactly the listing fee, usually a % or a fixed amount varying with the time, I'm pretty sure I saw in one of the screenshots a fee to put the item on sale. If its recharge only to deal in the AH, it also means that only recharge diamonds will be accepted to list the items. The only way out of it, in my opinion, would make it so all diamonds can be used to list, but once used to purchase, they're not listed as recharged anymore, thus, cant be used in the AH. But that would also be negative to the non cash who cant buy there... still, would be a better option than having no AH for the non cashers at all.
    Translate
    2016-4-27 21:57  Reply
  • The listing fee isn't "Recharge Only". It's for any diamonds you possess I'm pretty sure. 1% is the price charged. But only the diamonds used in the purchase of the Auctioned items is Recharge Exclusive. But IF the listing fee is "Recharge Only" as well, then it's a problem.
    Translate
    2016-4-27 22:48  Reply

crovile Last edit in 2016-4-27 21:36:22

Support

-Evolve Or Die

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kalgor
User
Joined 2013-12-9
Last Visited 2018-08-13
Post time 2016-4-27 22:10:54 | Show all posts
So yes Croville if u click, in game, on the Auction House coming soon icon, and pass to the 3rd informative screenshot, u can see the "slotting fee" which is 5% of the value. So pls rethink what you said and answer me how is it profitable for us all if "only recharge diamonds" can be used? U cant even pay the slotting fee.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kalgor Last edit in 2016-4-27 22:10:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
mesaana
User
Joined 2014-3-2
Last Visited 2017-08-28
Post time 2016-4-28 07:14:25 | Show all posts
Bot farming concern, I think.  If they were to open this to free diamonds, then I'd expect to see the amount of free diamonds reduced drastically.  This is a case of being careful what you wish for....

That said, I don't think this will have much of an effect early.  People are going to want to use their orange/red relics.  When we get to the point where the top players no longer need more relics to refine their build, then a market should build and prices stabilize.  In theory, that should help the lower small-quantity cashers which is EXACTLY the kind of goal they should be building towards.

Thus far, they've done a reasonable job at keep low recharge players meaningful.  I see this as furthering that goal.  If you are completely free player, then I think you need to accept the reality.  I'd encourage anyone to throw $5 at the game if they are enjoying it.  That won't break most banks.

What I loath seeing are lavish rewards thrown on people throwing hundreds/thousands down on the game.
Translate
Floor reply (4)
  • 5$ for what !? 200 freaking diamonds ? Resonable job ? ..
    god please let rain comon sense...
    Translate
    2016-4-28 07:44  Reply
  • a bought a pretty recent game with all DLC's for that amount. i don't know what your expectations are but that said game from a different genre is by far better because storyline, mmo, graphics, DLC's! at least they got it straight.. they didn't just put a higher number on their game and released it as a new one.... as this ever was a new game..

more and more i can hear it. you beg as much money as the big game dev beg for, but only doing 1/10th of what they are doing.
    Translate
    2016-4-28 07:48  Reply
  • Reply sgt stripper : 200 diamonds plus the monthly card.  With the rebate event that's 400 diamonds   2940 diamonds (30 x 98 diamonds per day...think that's right?).  I think that's mostly reasonable.
    Translate
    2016-4-28 09:09  Reply
  • Thing here is only your original 200 diamonds would be useable in the Auction House, diamonds from golden/silver card are not recharged diamonds.
    I do not expect them to give us the world, I do expect anything involving purchasing items for diamonds to be available to everyone equally though.
    Translate
    2016-4-30 00:34  Reply

mesaana Last edit in 2016-4-28 07:14:25

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
aoidr
User
Joined 2016-4-2
Last Visited 2017-04-27
 Author| Post time 2016-4-30 00:36:36 | Show all posts
Okay wanted to bump this as nothing has been fed back about how this is planned to work.

Also I wanted to ask the following additional question regarding Auction House:

A player has 5000 uncharged diamonds and recharges 2000 diamonds, he now buys the demon outfit in mall for 2888 diamonds - which diamonds is this withdrawn from?

I know it should be the non recharged diamonds first, or he should get a pop up asking which he wants to use - I just have this nagging spider sense that recharged diamonds will be used first for all purchases involving diamonds.

And yeah what is happening regarding feedback on this?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

aoidr Last edit in 2016-4-30 00:36:36

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-12-9 23:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075607 second(s), 54 queries .