North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels II Strategy
1354 Threads / 7669 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 1144| Reply: 2

Question about battle orders and buffs/debuffs/agility

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
thorak
User
Joined 2016-6-12
Last Visited 2016-07-01
Post time 2016-6-27 13:05:56 | Show all posts |Read mode
Question about battle orders and buffs/debuffs/a Reply:2| View:1144
Hello, I have a few questions regarding battle order and buffs/debuffs:

1) I read in another thread that the way buffs and debuffs works is that if it says "stuns target for 1 round" that means that if the target has already acted the turn in which the effect is triggered the round will end and the stun will actually be 0 turns, is this info correct? What about selfbuffs like for example Moira's skill that increases att by 6% for each hit?

2) Assuming info i 1) is correct, when in a round does ultimates trigger? My assumption is that an ultimate triggers whenever the rage of a hero uses 1000 and in this case ultimates like Athena's will only last 1 turn if it triggers in the end of a round but will take effect for 2 turns if it triggers in the start of a round. And Rei's ability to stun will not work if it is triggered in the end of a round. Can someone clarify this a bit?

3) In game info for agility gives the information that it will affect how quickly a hero attacks. Will a hero with extremely high agility attack multiple times when another hero with extremely low agility only attacks once? Or is the only effect to decide the order in which attacks are made? Does agility have any effect on the ordering of ultimates? I assume if 2 ultimates triggers at the same time the one with higher agility will trigger first? Are there any other affects of Agility when it comes to ultimates?

Translate

thorak Last edit in 2016-6-27 13:05:56

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
luckylife227
User
Joined 2016-5-5
Last Visited 2016-08-08
Post time 2016-6-27 15:39:28 | Show all posts
1, Because it counts the action turn of the buffed/debuffed targets to determine the duration of that buff/debuff.

For example, Huxley's Speed > Kay's Speed > Liz's Speed.

Turn 1: Hux ATK, Kay ATK, Liz ATK then Liz's Rage activated (ATK&DEF of Hux increase)

Turn 2: Hux ATK (1st turn of ATK&DEF buff), Kay locks Hux

Turn 3: So it has been one turn since the last time Hux was able to act, so Hux is free and ATK again (therefore he technically does not get lock down at all). At the end of this turn, Liz's buffs are gone because it has been 2 turns since the buffs were activated.

However, if Kay is faster.

Turn 2: Kay locks, Hux is unable to perform an action (so turn 2 Hux = useless)

Turn 3: Everyone who is faster than Hux attacks first, so if he dies, that's game. If he lives, he gets to attack this turn.

2, The ultimate gets triggered at the moment the Rage is filled. In PvE, all trigger at once. In PvP, the faster the hero/angel, the faster he/she gets to trigger his/her ultimate.

The ultimate duration follows my example above (Liz, Kay, Athena, etc). However, it will last until THE END of the turn, therefore how early it triggers in a turn doesn't affect its duration. For example, if Athena's ultimate triggers at the end of turn 1, it will still expire at the end of turn 3.

3, Agility only determines the sequence of units' attacks in a single turn so nobody can attack twice or sth. In regards to how the ultimate gets triggered, I explained in the 2nd point already.

1 note: When in PvE, because every ultimate (including the mobs' ones) triggers at once, so the shorter the ANIMATION, the faster it takes effects (so your hero might die to a mob's Rage before you get the chance to fire yours due to longer animation time)
Translate
Floor reply (2)

luckylife227 Last edit in 2016-6-27 15:39:28

Support 2

Default Signature
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
thorak
User
Joined 2016-6-12
Last Visited 2016-07-01
 Author| Post time 2016-6-28 02:27:51 | Show all posts
Thanks, great explanation, very clear. However, it still leaves me with a few questions. Let me clarify the questions with another scenario.

Assume we have 4 combatants, one side has Athena + Aphrodite, the other side has Liz + Hux. The agility values are in this order: Athena > Liz > Aphrodite > Hux

Round 1: Buffs/debuffs at  start of round: Athena 15% hp buff, Liz 8% attack buff
Athena - basic attack
Liz - basic attack
Aphrodite - Basic attack
Hux - Basic attack

Round 2: Buffs/debuffs at start of round: Athena 15% hp buff, Liz 8% attack buff, Aphrodite +8% crit rate
Athena - skill at Athena (+40% DR, +200 rage/turn).
Question 1: Does Athena get the rage boost for 2 turns or only 1 turn? The generic question is when regen X hp/rage triggers, is it at the start of a turn or is it when the hero with the regen buff acts?
Liz - skill at Athena (but since Athena already acted this skill will have no effect)
Aphrodite - skill at Liz (Liz is at front row and noone behnd her)
Hux - skill at Athena (Athena in front row alone)

Round 3: Buffs/debuffs at start of round: Athena 15% hp buff, Aphrodite +8% crit rate, Athena +DR +rage skill buff
Buffs/debuffs expired: Liz +8% att start of battle, Liz skill at Athena (expired without effect)
Athena - regens 200 rage (now or at the start of turn), Athenas ultimate triggers.
Question 2: Does Athena's ultimate trigger before or after her normal action for the round?
Athena - basic attack and ultimate triggering a shield + damage buff
Liz - basic attack
Aphrodite - basic attack, triggers Liz ultimate
As the ultimate interrupts the normal battle order Liz ultimate now triggers.
Question 3: Does Liz give rage to herself? Assuming Liz Ultimate gives 300 rage, will she have 300 rage after using her ultimate or 0?
Hux: Basic attack

Round 4: Buffs/debuffs at start of round: Athena 15% hp buff, Aphrodite +16% crit rate, Athena shield + damage buff, Liz att + def buff
Question 4: Will Athena use her skill or basic attack now? Generic question: Does heroes trigger skill every second or third round and does it vary from hero to hero?
I will assume skills are triggered every third round.
Athena - basic attack
Liz - basic atack
Aphrodite - basic attack, triggers ultimate
Aphrodite uses ultimate and stuns Huxley, triggers Huxley's ultimate.
Question 5: Will Huxley execute his ultimate now or will he wait until he is no longer stunned?

Round 5: Buffs/debuffs at start of round: Athena 15% hp buff, Aphrodite +24% crit rate, Athena shield + damage buff, Liz att + def buff, Aphrodite's stun at Hux
Question 6: Athena's and Liz's buffs triggered in the middle of round 3. Athena's buff has now affected Aphrodite 2 times and Liz's buff has affected Hux 2 times (assuming he wasn't stunned). But according to your answer in your post my understanding is that these buffs will now expire at the end of this round as they are triggered by ultimates, which will cause the effects to trigger 3 attacks with a buff, and Atheas shield will actually be active for all enemy attacks for 3 rounds not 2. Is this correct?
Question 7: Furthermore according to your description in your previous post, as ultimates lasts until the end of the round, I will also assume that Aphrodites stun at Hux lasts until the end of this round, causing Hux to actually miss 2 rounds of attacks, is this correct?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

thorak Last edit in 2016-6-28 02:27:51

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-23 02:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053835 second(s), 38 queries .