North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 27661| Reply: 29

Strategy: Guide to Totem! (Part Ⅲ)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
deepnight
User
Joined 2014-6-9
Last Visited 2016-07-19
Post time 2014-9-17 11:03:32 | Show all posts |Read mode
Strategy: Guide to Totem! (Part Ⅲ) Reply:29| View:27661

Here comes the last part of Guide to Totem!
        Click here for Part Ⅰ
        Click here for Part Ⅱ

3. Set Totems

Now that you know how to obtain currencies and how to use those currencies to acquire totems, it’s time to make use of those totems!

Let’s go on the third tab of the main interface “Set Totems”.

(1)This is the list of all the totems you have in your possession. Notice those small cross blades in the upper left corner of some of the icons? This is to identify which totems you have currently equipped.

(2)This is where you set your main Totem (by clicking and dragging from the list on the left), the main totem is the one you will use the skill from in battle, so choose carefully, and don’t hesitate to change your main totem, depending on your strategic requirements for each battle.

(3)This is where you set your additional totems (up to 4, by clicking and dragging them in like the main totem). Secondary totems do not provide skill benefits in battle (only the main totem does), however the stats bonuses they provide do stack all together.

(4)This is where you can set the position of your totem, top row, middle row, or bottom row (you can also set this up in the party setup interface).

(5)This is the score of your Totem cumulative strengths based on all the totems you equipped (main + additional). This score is used by certain totems as a multiplier element for their skills, the higher the score the better and stronger your totem and the affected skills will be.

(6)This is an overview of the cumulative bonus stats granted by your totems.

4. Upgrade Totems

In order to make your totems stronger and provide additional stat boost, they will need to be leveled up; for this let’s head to the fourth tab of the totem interface “Upgrade Totems”.

This is where you can level up your totems by making them devouring each other for a certain amount of experience points. The higher the level and the better the quality of the totem devoured, the more experience points are gained.

If you remember early in this guide, we saw a special totem called “Exp Totem”. That totem doesn’t have skills nor does it provide stat boost, it’s merely used in upgrading totems here.

(1)This is the list of all your totems. Please note that the totems you have equipped (the ones with the cross blades) can only be used as recipient of experience points, but not to be devoured.

(2)This is the Recipient Totem (the one you want to level up by receiving additional experience points), you can set it by clicking and dragging the totem of your choice from the left side list.

(3)This is where you place the totems to be devoured in order to exchange them for experience points. You can devour up to 6 totems at once.

(4)This is the Experience bar of your selected totem, you’ll see both the current experience points, as well as the experience points needed at which the totem will level up. Next to those number, notice the number in green color (+600 in this example); this represents the total amount of experience points the totem will gain by devouring the selected totems to be devoured.

(5)In order to simplify this process, it’s possible to use the “1-Click Select” button to fill in the space of totems to be devoured, based on the setting from that the drop down list.

(6)Lastly, once you have set all your totems and are satisfied with your selection, you have to click the button “Upgrade Totems”.

Warning! Any totem devoured is lost forever and can’t be retrieved, so double check carefully before clicking the “Upgrade Totems” button.

5. Evolve Totems

Noticed how it’s only possible to acquire some green, Opal, or Garnet Totems, so how do we obtain the Topaz, Ruby and Gold Totems? The answer is simple, by evolving your totems!

Let’s head to the last tab of the Totems interface “Evolve Totems”.

Note that only the totems of Garnet quality and above can be evolved, you can’t evolve green or Opal totems.

(1)This is the list of totems currently in your possession. From here you’ll select a totem that you wish to evolve.

(2)This is where you place the totem you wish to evolve to a higher grade. By placing a totem there, you’ll see all the requirements listed. In this example, I’m trying to evolve the Garnet Healing Totem to Topaz Healing Totem grade. If you look at the level requirement, you’ll see in red “11/30”. This means that my totem is currently level 11 and that it needs to be at least level 30 before it can be eligible for evolution. I guess I’ll have to upgrade it more!

(3)This is where you can see a preview of your totem if it was evolved as well as the stats it would have. It’s for information purpose only.

(4)Evolving a totem requires more than having it being at the right level, it also requires special materials to be sacrificed (meaning the required resources will disappear forever). In order to evolve our Healing Totem, not only does it need to be at the correct level but the following materials are required:
_ 1 more identical totem of level 30 as sacrifice (meaning I need a second Healing Totem level 30 to be sacrificed… I guess I’m going to spend a lot of time in the Upgrade Totem tab.).
_ 3 Totem Evolve Stones (can be purchased in the Totem Shop under the Materials tab).
_ 5 Totem Catalyst Stones (can be purchased in the Totem Shop under the Materials tab).

(5)Once you have all the materials and meet all the requirements, simply click on the “Evolve” button and tada! Congratulation you are now in possession of a much more powerful totem!

The most important thing to remember in totem evolution, is that you need 2 totems of the same type (both level 30 for Garnet to Topaz evolution, or both level 40 for Topaz to Ruby evolution, etc…)

If you are curious about the requirements for the next evolution from Topaz to Ruby, enjoy the following screenshot:

Conclusion

This concludes this introductory guide to the Totem battle system. The most important part to remember is probably the double totem requirement for evolution.

That aside, I personally don’t recommend to do more than 10 sacrifices per day due to the increase of cost afterward.

In addition to the tradition fights with the Totem Guardians, it’s also possible to earn Sacrifice points and Totem badges from events. When coming from events, Totem badges will be directly added to your total, while the Sacrifice points will be given to you in the form of cards (10 points and 50 points). You’ll have to look them up in your inventory and use them in order to see them added to your total sacrifice points.

Thank you for reading so far, I hope this guide has been helpful to you.

(By hokuto)
Translate

deepnight Last edit in 2014-9-17 11:03:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
pedy joon
User
Joined 2014-3-12
Last Visited 2017-05-28
Post time 2014-9-17 14:19:12 | Show all posts

thanks for the info
        but nothing was new on the text
Translate
Floor reply (0)

pedy joon Last edit in 2014-9-17 14:19:12

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
twofoolish
User
Joined 2014-5-12
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-9-18 01:48:23 | Show all posts

That aside, I personally don’t recommend to do more than 10 sacrifices per day due to the increase of cost afterward.

Why?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

twofoolish Last edit in 2014-9-18 01:48:23

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leann_1523
User
Joined 2014-7-31
Last Visited 2017-10-23
Post time 2014-9-18 06:51:31 | Show all posts

Thank you for all your work on this guide!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

leann_1523 Last edit in 2014-9-18 06:51:31

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
pseudonym
User
Joined 2014-7-7
Last Visited 2016-06-06
Post time 2014-9-18 08:25:29 | Show all posts

Reply 2# twofoolish@aol.com

After 10 sacrifices costing 20 sacrifice points the next 10 cost 30 sacrifice points and I assume the increase in cost does not increase chances

Translate
Floor reply (0)

pseudonym Last edit in 2014-9-18 08:25:29

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
hokuto
User
Joined 2014-9-3
Last Visited 2018-02-02
Post time 2014-9-18 08:34:02 | Show all posts

thanks for the info but nothing was new on the text     pedy joon posted on 2014-09-17 01:19:12           

Reply @pedy joon        
        Thank you for your feedback, and the main purpose of this guide is to make Totems easy to understand for new players reaching level 60 for the first time, as well as the other players who still can\'t seems to understand the requirements for Totem Evolution. I have another strategy guide regarding the party formation and skills of all the Totems Guardians (up to Level 4 currently), that may be released in the near feature too.

That aside, I personally don’t recommend to do more than 10 sacrifices per day due to the increase of cost afterward. Why?
    twofoolish@aol.com posted on 2014-09-17 12:48:23   

Reply @twofoolish@aol.com
        As pseudonym already told you, the cost of sacrifice is merely going higher, thus costing you more sacrifice points for no real benefit. This game being mostly a resource management game, not wasting your sacrifice points can be handy sometimes.

Thank you for all your work on this guide!     leann_1523 posted on 2014-09-17 17:51:31   

Reply @lean_1523
        Thank you very much for your feedback, it\'s most appreciated!

Reply 2#twofoolish@aol.comAfter 10 sacrifices costing 20 sacrifice points the next 10 cost 30 sacrifice points and I assume the increase in cost does not increase chances  pseudonym posted on 2014-09-17 19:25:29   

Reply @pseudonym
        Thank you for answering this question
Translate
Floor reply (0)

hokuto Last edit in 2014-9-18 08:34:02

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
woog
User
Joined 2014-6-20
Last Visited 2016-03-19
Post time 2014-9-18 16:26:07 | Show all posts

Thank you I appreciate the time people put into making these guides as they are a huge help when getting started in the game with your first char and getting the most use out of an item as soon as it appears.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

woog Last edit in 2014-9-18 16:26:07

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
c_ruehman
User
Joined 2014-3-14
Last Visited 2016-02-27
Post time 2014-9-21 08:26:16 | Show all posts

So...if I want to level up to a level 4 Dragon lord totem. ---
        2-totems at level 1, exp. level 30 to get a level 2 totem.
        It will take another 2-level 1, exp 30 totems to generate a second level 2 totem.
        For level 3 -- you will need 2-more level 1 totems enabling; generation of 1-totem @ level 2 ... so now you have 2 level totems to generate 1 level 3 totem.
        To get to 1 level 4 totem you would need:
        4 more level 1 exp, level 30 totems, to generate 2-level 2 totems, so that you will now have the second level 3 totem needed to generate.....ONE level 4 totem!
        In all: 8-level 1 totems.... to generate 4-level 2 totems... to generate 2-level 3 totems in order to achieve a SINGLE level 4 totem.; For simplicities sake I will assume 1 level achieved per day (which is totally unattainable) it would take 450 days to accomplish this goal.; (Another assumption I made for simplicity was that you could upgrade multiple totems of the same type simultaneously.); I think for a game this is a bit excessive, but it is not my game.
;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

c_ruehman Last edit in 2014-9-21 08:26:16

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2014-9-23 06:10:29 | Show all posts

Reply 7# c_ruehman@peoplepc.com
Not quite. Let\'s say a dragon totem that you want to get to topaz quality/tier (level is confusing; I say level for the totem\'s level, and tier/quality for its color)

You\'ll need the following:
- 2x lvl 1 garnet (purple) dragon totems from shop (400 badges)
- materials (110 badges)
- Enough xp to level up both totems to lvl 30

Of course you don\'t need to level it that way. You can simply level 5 totems, and eventually merge them to create the two lvl 30\'s.;

It will take a while if you can\'t beat 1-9 yet. But you\'ll get there. Events further offer both badges and sacrifice cards to further help you in this goal.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2014-9-23 06:10:29

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sakti wijaya
User
Joined 2014-4-17
Last Visited 2016-02-03
Post time 2014-9-24 05:52:12 | Show all posts

thnks it very help, but next part 4 u must give us how to use thegreat totem opponen tthat have totem too, i mean real fight; coz some of us still confuse what the best for fight
Translate
Floor reply (0)

sakti wijaya Last edit in 2014-9-24 05:52:12

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-8-4 05:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066069 second(s), 51 queries .