North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 3145| Reply: 38

Mods, please be honest and tell me...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
janfousek
User
Joined 2014-5-21
Last Visited 2017-05-15
Post time 2014-10-1 00:10:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
Mods, please be honest and tell me... Reply:38| View:3145
        I would really love to see a few honest answers from moderators to these...

1) Do you really believe what you are writing in these forums?;
        2);Is it that even after 9 months of knowing gta you can say something is been worked on or that fix of this or that is to came soon? Many of those bugs are trivial to fix for a schoolkid no matter how bad is the database design but it takes anything between now and never to solve. You still call that unpredictable variable soon. Why?
        3) Or those many months all glitches were put on lag on player side? Did you really believed it? And what you say now, when that reasoning is not very common as it was never accepted by players? Do you still think that whose issues in past were caused by lags on player side and now magically they tend to be from something else?
        4) Or that you are sorry? Who is sorry? GTA? I doubt that. You personally? Well, to be sorry so many times every day, that is harmful for psychics, especially if it is always for the same things.
        5) that the suggestion is been taken into consideration? Some suggestions are repeating every event they are about (skip those dumb badass anouncements in hoc fe), yet on every you are able to say this, even same mods month after month after month. Why do you say that? Are they all taken into consideration again and again and dropped without any response? Why dont you tell us, they were dropped instead of what you say?
        6) and when you see that something clearly widening the gap between topdogs and the rest you keep saying you are working hard to make;the game more balanced and fair? Dont you see the imbalance it makes bigger? As a topdog I cant be accused of whining I cant beat somebody, yet I see that most of the newly added content helps me to keep above of others - totems and abyss being the biggest.
        7) Could it be just that you like your easy diamonds and so you just repeat what you are told to say and do not think about it too much?
Translate

janfousek Last edit in 2014-10-1 00:10:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
gerbie zombils
User
Joined 2014-9-3
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-10-1 03:58:58 | Show all posts

Hello player,

I am very sorry that you feel this way, and I do hope the answers I provide to your questions will enlighten you.

Question 1. I would like to first address this question with an example of how we do believe in what we are saying. In the course of your own support issue regarding old tickets and lost prizes, I was the one who repeatedly pushed the issue of your compensation in Seraph Stones and vouchers. Despite how negative and critical players are of the Moderator team,  we do believe that no matter what, players do deserve to have their problems resolved, questions asked, concerns voiced, and suggestions taken into consideration to provide a better gaming experience. And in that, we shall continue to do our best to deliver that is within our capabilities to do so.

All of us moderators applied for the position due to being players that enjoy this game, and wish to see it go far. Granted, once coming onboard we realized some of the concerns and thoughts we share with our fellow players are well out of the moderator and even developer\'s immediate hands, we have never rolled over and went \'Oh well just let it be.

Questions 2 & 3. What player\'s might think is an easy fix, usually is not the case. What the players do not see is the Junior Moderators carefully combing through each event that is known to have glitches, documenting and screenshotting each event, making an indepth list along with suspected causes to hand in. And, as we have seen with recent  issues, sometimes an event happens that must take precedence over glitches that are not destabilizing to the game. Despite our assurances that issues are being worked on, and planned to be fixed, we do understand we cannot force the players to believe a word we say, and all players have every right to believe in what they choose to. I just sincerely hope the community will keep an open mind and remember that good things take time.

Question 4. Yes, we are sincerely sorry, as players ourselves we understand the frustrations other players experience. We are geniunely sympathetic to other\'s in game plights. And as with any \'customer service\' it is far better to express this regret than to take the disgruntled attitude of \'well, that is just too bad for you.\' We could take this approach, but as current posts about my fellow Moderators reflect, the human approach is no less desired than the \'automated\' approach. If players appreciate neither, I do encourage players to make a post in the Suggestions forum on how you would like us to convey our responses, and it will be taken into consideration.

Question 5. Suggestions are always under consideration. It is not easy to get a suggestion implemented. It takes time to pitch a sound argument for suggestions. Pros and cons must always be taken into consideration. Please be assured that if a suggestion is rejected, one of the Moderator staff will express with our deepest apologies it has been rejected, and why.

Question 6. The 100 free diamonds was a hard fight posed by the Junior Moderators. The upcoming Halloween Events, the majority of which were concocted by the Junior Moderators in a way to be fair to all players, Raphael to counter the monster that Dodge has become, Loralei\'s Wardrobe, increasing items available solely available for purchase with the Group Buy tickets, and the current changes to the DragonSoul Conqueror Hot Event, have all been, at least in part for some, the fruits of the Junior Moderators continued fight for fairness.

What would make pitching our concerns about the gap between f2p and \'top\' players go even smoother is if, instead of being negative, critical, and sarcastic, more top or spending players could post in the Suggestions forum how and why such events and features cause imbalance. How and why it may or does lead them to not spend. How and why it makes the competition pools smaller. Daily we do see players alleging that GTA only cares about its money and top players, and if players truly believe this, please allow the money and top players voice these concerns  if it is believed that is what it takes for anything to be noticed.

Question 7. We receive payment for our scheduled shifts only. I will NOT be receiving payment for taking this time to address your questions out of my alloted time. We do NOT receive payment for doing everything short of flying to Hong Kong when major issues arise, such as the log in error last week. We do NOT receive payment for telling development team why something is or is not a good idea. We do NOT receive payment for the abrasive treatment we are subject to by our fellow players. We do NOT receive payment for going into servers beyond our own and gathering feedback from the players about events and features and how to improve them. We do NOT receive payment for our almost 24/7 services between fielding questions in the forums and in the respective servers in which we play. We do NOT receive payment for how long our answers to players are, doing our best to cover as much information as possible to help them with their problems.

I sincerely hope this answers your questions, and clarifies a little more precisely what us Junior Moderators are and are not capable of doing. As always, any suggestions of how to do our jobs better are always welcome in the Suggestions forum. Thank you for your support, happy gaming.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

gerbie zombils Last edit in 2014-10-1 03:58:58

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
xkatanyax
User
Joined 2014-7-28
Last Visited 2019-08-25
Post time 2014-10-1 04:11:39 | Show all posts

Question, is SS Tycoon coming out as usual, or no?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

xkatanyax Last edit in 2014-10-1 04:11:39

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ei
User
Joined 2014-6-22
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-10-1 04:58:08 | Show all posts

Reply 1# gerbie zombils

Dont worry about janfousek. He has the worst case of Dunning-Kruger effect I have seen. Fallacy for estimating himself as above all others usually due to low skill and too much self-confidence.;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ei Last edit in 2014-10-1 04:58:08

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
love robin mil...
User
Joined 2014-4-17
Last Visited 2017-03-13
Post time 2014-10-1 06:11:17 | Show all posts

Having had a variety of support and customer face-to-face jobs, the new wave of;Mods are doing the best they can *to the extent* they can. Every employee in every job has a limit to what their authority extends to. That cash-wrap cashier? Most are not authorised to give you your money back; they must get a floor/shift manager to do that. No amount of yelling or fussing at them will ever change that.

Are the Mods in a position between us and the devs where they are basically castrated? Probably. But do not blame *them* for doing what they can and are to the extent they can and are.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

love robin mil... Last edit in 2014-10-1 06:11:17

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
geocides4ever
User
Joined 2014-3-27
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-10-1 09:02:04 | Show all posts

TS still sour-graping he was not chosen as one of the Junior Moderaters..............
Translate
Floor reply (0)

geocides4ever Last edit in 2014-10-1 09:02:04

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
darkerthandark
User
Joined 2014-1-18
Last Visited 2018-03-19
Post time 2014-10-1 13:56:47 | Show all posts

Reply 5# geocides4ever
;nice;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

darkerthandark Last edit in 2014-10-1 13:56:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
infinito_ultim...
User
Joined 2014-7-20
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-10-1 17:29:20 | Show all posts

;;;;       
                        Question 6. The 100 free diamonds was a hard fight posed by the Junior Moderators. The upcoming Halloween Events, the majority of which were concocted by the Junior Moderators in a way to be fair to all players, Raphael to counter the monster that Dodge has become, Loralei\'s Wardrobe, increasing items available solely available for purchase with the Group Buy tickets, and the current changes to the DragonSoul Conqueror Hot Event, have all been, at least in part for some, the fruits of the Junior Moderators continued fight for fairness.;       

;;; gerbie zombils posted on 2014-09-30 14:58:58;;;;

Most of us have noticed the improvements in events in general, however, there\'s one thing I question the wisdom of - Raphael to counter dodge.

Raphael is a very poor counter(if at all) to dodge, assuming the general developer/moderator consensus is dodge is a monster.

For starters, Raphael is only owned by less than 0.01% of the player population, being an angel that is only obtainable by rank 1 in CS tycoon. So basically, it only helps those few individuals who have the money to invest and obtain one, and getting rank one in CS tycoon obviously requires a shitton of $$$.

This is fine though, the player who gets rank 1 in CST should have increased rewards for beating out tough competition.

Next, Raphael needs to actually land a hit in order to apply his debuff. So in order to counter dodge, you need to land a hit past all the dodges first. That is just poor game design. Player dodge numbers have gone far past angel hit growth, that is the problem, slapping a tiny bandaid on a gaping wound does not solve the problem.

So with the advent of Raphael, you haven\'t solved the dodge problem(personally, I don\'t think dodge is a problem per se as opposed to low angel hit growth).;

If you really want to curb dodge as one of the go-to best stats, you need to first review angel hit. I have seen ungodly lvl 85 angels having a pittance of 5-6k hit, and having 15k dodge, even those superbuffed angels aren\'t going to land a hit in a million years.

P.S. The diamond event was surprisingly generous. Thank you all for that.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

infinito_ultim... Last edit in 2014-10-1 17:29:20

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
janfousek
User
Joined 2014-5-21
Last Visited 2017-05-15
 Author| Post time 2014-10-1 18:53:05 | Show all posts

Well, no sour grapes, if i was choosen, i would drop it about a week after Beholders Road went down and no repair was on horizont - i already dropped a few jobs that shown themselves requiring me to lie. But i understand that many folks just like it to get f-ed over and over so they see me as unbelievable entity - i see you in the same light.
        Now to the relevant response:

;;;;
        Hello player,

I am very sorry that you feel this way, and I do hope the answers I provide to your questions will enlighten you.;

Question 1. I would like to first address this question with an example of how we do believe in what we are saying. In the course of your own support issue regarding old tickets and lost prizes, I was the one who repeatedly pushed the issue of your compensation in Seraph Stones and vouchers. Despite how negative and critical players are of the Moderator team, ;we do believe that no matter what, players do deserve to have their problems resolved, questions asked, concerns voiced, and suggestions taken into consideration to provide a better gaming experience. And in that, we shall continue to do our best to deliver that is within our capabilities to do so.

All of us moderators applied for the position due to being players that enjoy this game, and wish to see it go far. Granted, once coming onboard we realized some of the concerns and thoughts we share with our fellow players are well out of the moderator and even developer\'s immediate hands, we have never rolled over and went \'Oh well just let it be.

Questions 2 & 3. What player\'s might think is an easy fix, usually is not the case. What the players do not see is the Junior Moderators carefully combing through each event that is known to have glitches, documenting and screenshotting each event, making an indepth list along with suspected causes to hand in. And, as we have seen with recent ;issues, sometimes an event happens that must take precedence over glitches that are not destabilizing to the game. Despite our assurances that issues are being worked on, and planned to be fixed, we do understand we cannot force the players to believe a word we say, and all players have every right to believe in what they choose to. I just sincerely hope the community will keep an open mind and remember that good things take time.

Question 4. Yes, we are sincerely sorry, as players ourselves we understand the frustrations other players experience. We are geniunely sympathetic to other\'s in game plights. And as with any \'customer service\' it is far better to express this regret than to take the disgruntled attitude of \'well, that is just too bad for you.\' We could take this approach, but as current posts about my fellow Moderators reflect, the human approach is no less desired than the \'automated\' approach. If players appreciate neither, I do encourage players to make a post in the Suggestions forum on how you would like us to convey our responses, and it will be taken into consideration.

Question 5. Suggestions are always under consideration. It is not easy to get a suggestion implemented. It takes time to pitch a sound argument for suggestions. Pros and cons must always be taken into consideration. Please be assured that if a suggestion is rejected, one of the Moderator staff will express with our deepest apologies it has been rejected, and why.

Question 6. The 100 free diamonds was a hard fight posed by the Junior Moderators. The upcoming Halloween Events, the majority of which were concocted by the Junior Moderators in a way to be fair to all players, Raphael to counter the monster that Dodge has become, Loralei\'s Wardrobe, increasing items available solely available for purchase with the Group Buy tickets, and the current changes to the DragonSoul Conqueror Hot Event, have all been, at least in part for some, the fruits of the Junior Moderators continued fight for fairness.;

What would make pitching our concerns about the gap between f2p and \'top\' players go even smoother is if, instead of being negative, critical, and sarcastic, more top or spending players could post in the Suggestions forum how and why such events and features cause imbalance. How and why it may or does lead them to not spend. How and why it makes the competition pools smaller. Daily we do see players alleging that GTA only cares about its money and top players, and if players truly believe this, please allow the money and top players voice these concerns ;if it is believed that is what it takes for anything to be noticed.

Question 7. We receive payment for our scheduled shifts only. I will NOT be receiving payment for taking this time to address your questions out of my alloted time. We do NOT receive payment for doing everything short of flying to Hong Kong when major issues arise, such as the log in error last week. We do NOT receive payment for telling development team why something is or is not a good idea. We do NOT receive payment for the abrasive treatment we are subject to by our fellow players. We do NOT receive payment for going into servers beyond our own and gathering feedback from the players about events and features and how to improve them. We do NOT receive payment for our almost 24/7 services between fielding questions in the forums and in the respective servers in which we play. We do NOT receive payment for how long our answers to players are, doing our best to cover as much information as possible to help them with their problems.

I sincerely hope this answers your questions, and clarifies a little more precisely what us Junior Moderators are and are not capable of doing. As always, any suggestions of how to do our jobs better are always welcome in the Suggestions forum. Thank you for your support, happy gaming.

1) well, 3 of you telling me the same: hokuto, socrates and you. So, at least two of you are lying if it was really only one pushing my unresolved grayhaired tickets. And I am happy that about 50 bumps made the job, but if i spent that time ingame, i would gain more than what i lost in the beginning.
        And i still have no response to my compensation claim for the time i was waiting - Hokuto offered me to ask for something and promised to forward the request. I requested bugfixes instead of new events and i have no feedback on whether it was relayed.

2&3) players with certain it experience would not be far from guessing easy and hard. And as far as my observation goes there are two hard deep bugs shared in loa and kf, one (timing issues - lags) of them reported first in january - even the hardest to fix bug would be fixed by now if there was one single developer understanding the code. The other one (db error) was first reported a few month after, yet about half a year ago - again, if there was one single developer understanding the code. Yet the only thing that is happening during the time, that more triggers for these bugs are added to the game so what was rather rare a few months ago is a daily bread now. Making things systematicaly worse and worse is far from not fixing hard bugs because they are too hard to fix.
        And there are lots of glitches that are easy to fix and i know they are because i understand how databases and webapps work. Even if the database design was insanely absurd (which may be probable), fixing the iduns rings and sending missing tt wagers are still thing for at most half an hour of work for a new developer who gets it as a first assesment. Maybe i should give a short lecture of how data is stored in db to make you understand it:
        Database is very much like excel file (that i hope you understand on user level with basic programming of it), it has some tables (sheets) with collumns and rows. Every table contain data of one specific kind (fe username, description, exp, ;gold, guild, class may be in one table, one player per row).;Every row in table represent specific info about something and there is a good practise to not repeat the same info manytimes over and use just ids of lines with specific info in other tables - this seems to not be the case of loa as we see with iduns ring. If it was there would be no way of having two different kinds of the same equipment because it would be the very same row id of the very same table with the one set of attrs for every piece;listed in everyones inventory. But still, it is called iduns ring, so there is easy way to find all iduns rings in one table (oneserver) by one single line.;
        Now assuming you do not use the linking practise, i think level upgrades are again saved piece by piece, but as it displays the item level there has to be a column containing the item level. Thus it would require a bit longer sql line to fix every single one ring as it proly has to compute the correct attributies for every single one deppending on the level. Yet the whole fix is one line for whole server and if i had the db structure to look at i would make it in a few minutes. Period.

And well, there are glitches destabiling the game and these should have priority over events - do and eventless month and fix all the bugs.
        a) TC/CS is so bugged many players just dont take part in it and results of these events are a pure lottery because of both inside bugs (that timing reported in january) and the way the events are handled (how teams are constitued in cs; when is the battle to begin and how the teams are placed in the draw;in tc).;
        b) timeouting battles. Due to a few conceptual bugs (hecate, too many respaws, healing blades) and the infinite debuf of helmets more and more battles are timin out and there is less and less PvP competition. While this evens the odds between heavy cashers with hecates and folks like me, it hamper the game experience. Yet not many mod have yet even acknowledged that the infinte debuf bug of helmets exist and keep posting that too many timeout are just our fault beeing unable to deal enough dmg. Now you added a new kind of dodge gems to make the problem deeper.
        c) db errors. first reported very long time ago and only manual fixes player by player deppending on how hard they bumping came. Well, if manual fix is possible, then there is a way to tell that that thing is happening to a player from the database content. So again as with the iduns ring example above, auto fix is an easy fix to do to run every reset or something like - while you are unble to fix the reason it happens, do the workaround well at least.
        So again, you answer only explains why you can believe some of the things I was asking about, but it does not give better light on the game itself.

4&5) yeah so if a suggestion comes over and over during 3 months and the only answer is that is is been taken into consideration, what does that mean in fact? From your response I undestand that it is being considered for over three months whether to delete one stupid line of code making the badass anouncements creating lags in cs and other parts of the game. In that case any harder to implement suggestion is not worth any input as it would not happen in our lives.
        The suggestion section is full of repetitive requests that are there over and over for months and most of it gets just ignored (i just looked into first two pages and mod answers are very scarce inthere). So you basicaly ask me to waste my time the way i did all the time along. No, no more. No more bug i will report, no more suggestion i give, because now you just gave me hard reasons for that and i think i explained what you said quite well. Just a fill of full chargeback when i get pissed too much to want to leave my friends on the server.

6) while 100 diamonds is a cool thing for freebies, it was suggested so many times over that one takes it as inevitability. just look into knights fable and the new hero commander to see that even the same gta is able to give paid currency free in reasonable amounts all the time day by day.
        Loraleis warderobe is very lame event that basicaly gave one pair of wings to everyone who did not have them and zounds of aureus to waste inventory. If you read the suggestions about the shards, you would know that most of the players want to get rid of shards they have over the already synthed items. So, if that is what you fought for, i have no good words about that one.
        New events, again new events instead of fixing old bugs - you fought wrong battle on wrong field. But i cant wait to see how they can even the odds.
        I am a top player (due to bugs hard to tell if 1st or 2nd on server);and i paid 275$ on loa and another 5 on kf to have it easier to seek for shared bugs. And still my suggestions and bugreports get ignored all the time along. So again, no, wrong answer.

7) the recruitment clearly stated that you get paid 1k diamonds per one hour of work. Is that one correct or was it another lie of gta?;I understand that you may work overtime and not get paid anything for it - like any other player helping another one in forums. But the vital info is still missing: how much it then gives per month? 10 of you were recruited with specifically pointed timezone key to choose which should mean that the original picture was 24/7 support staff at hand. Because there are nerly no responses from the old supermods, it;should constitute having 8 hour shift every 3-4 days, up to 10 per month, 80k diamonds per month - that is huge. Is my calculation correct or gta lied?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

janfousek Last edit in 2014-10-1 18:53:05

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
caleb18
User
Joined 2014-5-4
Last Visited 2016-02-11
Post time 2014-10-2 06:54:11 | Show all posts

;;;;       

If this is true, then I am sincerely sorry for ever saying anything about hokuto being sarcastic. If you guys don\'t get paid for it then it\'s all acceptable.;Do whatev!! haha.;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

caleb18 Last edit in 2014-10-2 06:54:11

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-8-12 15:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066883 second(s), 52 queries .