North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 2200| Reply: 9

Wrong/Unusual pet basic damage

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
rakheid
User
Joined 2017-2-22
Last Visited 2017-07-23
Post time 2017-4-23 12:10:29 | Show all posts |Read mode
Wrong/Unusual pet basic damage Reply:9| View:2200
Edited by rakheid at 2017-4-23 12:10

With the current Cross Server War event we have on-going, I was able to look at what pets people usually deploy for combat or just for show, which made me want to check for myself how pet attack speeds and damage look like. So I wen't ahead and starting deploying and comparing pet damage and attack speed, and I was expecting what everyone else I guess expects regarding damage of Pets to be; it's logic to think a Mystic pet would do more damage and a Legendary, and a Legendary would do more damage than an Epic, with the damage differences between each of those in the same rarity being Attack Speed/Animation, right? Oh boy if we were SO wrong!

Turns out pet damage DOESN'T MAKE ANY DAMN SENSE! After noticing the disparity speed and attack animation between my former main Pet (a Xeumach) and a Haverus, I decided to test the animation attacks of most of my pets, just for the sake of it and because it was interesting (I got intrigued by Haverus' unusual attack animation -his basic attack consists of like 10 consecutive shots of his gatling gun followed by a large pause); I noticed there was something wrong with the damage that pets of the same rarity were dealing, here I show you a few examples:

I chose an opponent with little dodge and resilience, so that the damage could be consistent, and he had to be somewhat weaker, so that the matches didn't last as long. This player also has very similar Elemental resistances, so there shouldnt be any difference between tests. ALL THE PETS ON THIS TEST ARE BELOW LEVEL 10 BOOST LEVEL 1, except Xeumach (Level 87, Boost 43, Rank 5), Raphael (Level 35, Boost 1, Rank 1) and Sinnor (Level 67, Boost 30, Rank 3). We will set the pets on 3 attack speed Tiers, Slow, Normal, Fast.

This first one is Hobgoblin which attacks at a Normal Speed, look at the times left on the clock, and look at the damage crit/non crit.

This is Loivissa, a Mythic pet and Slow attacker, higher damage per hit but since it attacks less it does less overall damage right? But wait, shouldn't mythic pets be 4X stronger than Legendaries? this is getting odd.

This is Warelk, another slow attacker, here it does makes a slight bit of sense compared to Loivissa to be lower damage.

This is Cinder, which attacks as slow as Warelk, but somehow does more overall damage? It might have been an extra crit or two, or three right?

This one is Brutallus, a normal speed attacker which damage seems pretty consistent, also just as good as Hobgoblin, but it hits as hard as Loivissa??? How odd...

Here things start to get awfully wrong

Raphael's attack speed is Normal, yet he does much less damage than Hobgoblin and Brutallus and Raphael is around 30 levels Higher!!! A Mythic pet doing much lower damage than a Legendary, who would have thought!? I guess not only does he NOT have a 3rd affinity, but his attack are the weakest of the Mythics?

Left side: Aexuixal Rank 3, Normal Attacker. Right side: Sabelon Rank 4. Nothing too off.

Here's where things go downhill!

Sinnor, Rank 3, Level 67, Boost 30; Normal attack speed. How is he as weak as Warelk with a MUCH higher level, a faster attack speed and with a 300% BONUS from being Rank 3! It should be at least as strong as Hobgoblin or Brutallus; plus, it's the VIP pet and recieves the highest base attributes compared to any legendary pet.

Now for everyone's favorite, Xeumach!

Rank 5, Level 87, Boost 43 Xeumach, FAST attack speed. Rank 5 alone it has 500% boost in attributes, add the fact that it's level 87 and this doesn't make ANY sense, WHY is his damage that low with his attack speed being this fast!? Are pets useless in combat besides the boost level they provide to the player???

The Conclussion:
As you can all see, it seems that the level and Rank of a pet makes little to no difference in combat, they all seem to just be of use for the boost attributes they give to the player, which would make Mythics the best pet to use for Overall damage, considering they add massive ammounts of Special Attributes.

So what pet should you use for what situations? I would say stick to Mythics if you can get them, just NOT Raphael; Cryosaber seems to have Fast Attack speed just as Xeumach but I don't have it so I can't test it, and I can't put my trust in it. What if you can afford them? Then stick to a Legendary with Slow/Normal attack speed that is NOT Sinnor or Warelk, better yet if you test them and choose the one you notice does the most damage.

The issue still stands that, what's with the disparity in damage between pets!? I think that's something that should really be looked into. Specially Raphael, Warelk, Sinnor and Xeumach.

Latest update: Today, a day after I took this screenshots I decided to rebirth my Xeumach, so it is currently Rank 5 Level 30 Boost 1; I put all my stones on Raphael, which is now Rank 1, Level 87, Boost 43; their damage did NOT change in the slightest!

SUMMARY FOR THE LAZY (TL;DR)

Level and Rank of a pet DO NOT affect the damage they do in combat. Raphael, Xeumach, Sinnor and Warelk's damage is low and wrong! DEVS should look into this! many other pets have odd damage output!
Translate

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

rakheid Last edit in 2017-4-23 12:10:29

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
terencefwl
User
Joined 2017-4-23
Last Visited 2017-04-23
Post time 2017-4-23 15:57:07 | Show all posts
Very comprehensive summary. I now have a new perspective on this topic. Let's hear from the mod.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

terencefwl Last edit in 2017-4-23 15:57:07

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
~deathcrown~
User
Joined 2017-4-22
Last Visited 2017-07-25
Post time 2017-4-23 23:40:29 | Show all posts
Dear player, your explanation was very jaw-dropping (in a good way) . We'll make sure our Dev team know about this. In fact, we're already reported it to them. Let's hope they resolve the issue as soon as possible. We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting this to us.

Best regards, Deathcrown
Translate
Floor reply (0)

~deathcrown~ Last edit in 2017-4-23 23:40:29

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
rakheid
User
Joined 2017-2-22
Last Visited 2017-07-23
 Author| Post time 2017-4-24 05:42:20 | Show all posts
I will try and keep adding more pets to compare, except with mythics until I get them, I'll soon have Deramera and Shivan to add, the other Legendaries I missed on purpose because I didn't have time to add, maybe I'll eddit my top post to add a little table describing the animation, speed and damage of the pets!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

rakheid Last edit in 2017-4-24 05:42:20

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bearlover
User
Joined 2016-12-13
Last Visited 2017-05-17
Post time 2017-4-24 07:42:13 | Show all posts
what I dont understand is why you do not recommend Raphael and you end making him your main pet? lol

Yes, its obvious the only main reason to use certain pet are the boosts. So, based on that we leave out of conversation all pets and we keep Mystic ones.

Ok, now which of the Mystic ones is the best?  IMO you can only consider 2 points when you decide: aesthetics and boosts.

1: aesthetic- ofc you need a pet that is very cool for you, that matches your main costumes, etc. You should love it since will go with you everywhere and you will see it all the time around you.

2: for the next  we divide pets in 3 groups:

Raphael gives a 11k boost in Crit and Resil and 9k on the rest special attributes.

Lilith gives 11k boost in Hit and Dodge and 9k on the rest special attributes.

The rest of the mystic pets give 11k boost in Pierce and Block and 9k on the rest special attributes.

what do you prefer during pvp battle? are you passive, offensive, or sneaky?

The afinities are given for good, so, those u earned will be always with you even if the pet is not deployed. So, we dont really care about raphael only has 2 affinities if you like him.

Conclusion...  Use a mystic pet as main, choose the one you like most, try to get all its affinity pets, and decide what kind of player you wanna be (defensive, offensive, sneaky)

... and thats it! the rest are only animations, small numbers, blah blah. When the time of battle comes, the balance of your general attributes and luck factor (so special ones activate) is what really will make you win or lose.

have fun!

PS: somebody donate me some diamond, I want to buy Lilith and IM broke
Translate
Floor reply (0)

bearlover Last edit in 2017-4-24 07:42:13

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
~deathcrown~
User
Joined 2017-4-22
Last Visited 2017-07-25
Post time 2017-4-24 10:45:42 | Show all posts
Dear player, that's quite an insight. We could not agree more, it really depends on player preference. Some players use certain pets because it looks so cool and some others use it because of the boost they give. On the other hand, even though their attack is just small, there are also some people who calculated everything like the thread starter here. However, the mod here cannot confirm whether the calculation is right or wrong, but we have reported this to our Dev team to investigate. Whether the calculation and the explanation is correct or wrong, we're really appreciate what the thread starter do here.

Best regards, Deathcrown
Translate
Floor reply (0)

~deathcrown~ Last edit in 2017-4-24 10:45:42

Support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andais (hkt-89...
User
Joined 2016-11-23
Last Visited 2018-04-02
Post time 2017-4-24 10:56:23 | Show all posts
Out of curiosity, is Lilith available for purchase yet? Anyone able to get this pet yet?
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • It was available in the last cooking event as a top3 prize, at least the vouchers for her. I'm sure someone with deep pockets has her
    Translate
    2017-4-24 14:34  Reply
  • Not sure why the emote is a sad face, was supposed to be a smile.
    Translate
    2017-4-24 14:35  Reply

andais (hkt-89... Last edit in 2017-4-24 10:56:23

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
phoibe
User
Joined 2017-3-18
Last Visited 2018-08-13
Post time 2017-4-24 11:12:48 | Show all posts
Pets are very interesting topic.

I am a new player, so I don't have so much experience with pets as you guys do, but me and my guild mates did notice following issue:

My main pet was Shivan (I love the look), but after I rank it to 3, my dps in tower drop, also I start having issue in pvp, I changed to Raphael as main pet (rank 2), did tower again and my dps increase by 2 mill, switched back to Shivan, it decreased  my dps. My dps with Tyrannus rank 2 was somewhere between Shivan and Loivissa. Finally Cryosaber was best pet in end, gave best dps to my character and today I am using it as main pet.
I asked my fellow guild mates to test there own dps with different mythic pets and so far our conclusion was that Shivan and Loivissa gives lowest player dps in tower at rank 3.

So, my suggestion to players that are stack on same tower floor is to try to equip different pets of same quality (note, we didn't rebirth pets, it didn't matter, all that was important is player dps not a pet damage).
Translate
Floor reply (4)
  • so you are new player, and have all those pets? also rank 3? lol ok... I want to be new like you
    Translate
    2017-4-24 12:22  Reply
  • I am not sure if you want to be VIP 14, that is what I am right now.
    I consider my self as a new player, because I start playing in February, but maybe I am not considered as such.
    Translate
    2017-4-24 13:19  Reply
  • Finally, someone I can agree with Cryosaber being the best pet, fast attackers like cryosaber not only gives a more stable DPS, but also during plunder bosses which you have fixed DPS of about 100
    Translate
    2017-4-24 17:35  Reply
  • Could you compare the damage you do with other mythic pets and Cryosaber? I dont mean In tower, since that could be the elemental damage ressistance that the boss has in the floor that you're currently at; could you try it by dueling someone fron your guild and checking the average damage per hit that Cryosaber does compared to Loivissa or Raphael or Shivan?
    Translate
    2017-4-25 02:31  Reply

phoibe Last edit in 2017-4-24 11:12:48

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
meomhirai
User
Joined 2017-3-2
Last Visited 2018-01-24
Post time 2017-4-24 15:10:26 | Show all posts
I can't afford mythic pets yet. I have sinnor and thinking of rebirthing it to give the stones to my xeumach. Will it give a higher br?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

meomhirai Last edit in 2017-4-24 15:10:26

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
~deathcrown~
User
Joined 2017-4-22
Last Visited 2017-07-25
Post time 2017-4-24 15:39:26 | Show all posts
Edited by ~deathcrown~ at 2017-4-24 15:41

Dear player, since both pets are in the same class, it will not give BR difference. And yes, Lilith fragment was available as reward for the last Cooking event. Other than that, we cannot have Lililth just yet. But, do not worry, she will be available soon.

Best regards, Deathcrown
Translate
Floor reply (0)

~deathcrown~ Last edit in 2017-4-24 15:39:26

Support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2019-11-21 18:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078385 second(s), 52 queries .