North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1236| Reply: 6

Team Arena For New Servers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
raelynn
User
Joined 2014-1-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-14 00:52:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Team Arena For New Servers Reply:6| View:1236
        I\'m in one of the new servers AstralChild(S9). What i noticed was that Team Arena is cross server. I find that there is a major disadvantage for the players in the newer servers to complete these attempts.

For example, recently, in Team Arena we face a lot of people with Orange titles (while we are purple) and with 25-70K BR higher than our team. I wouldn\'t have minded it as much, but the fact that we only currently have ONE person who has an orange title in the whole server gives us a disadvantage.
        So, what? We should all hit orange titles and epic BR Numbers before we should even try team arena? Basically those who win pay a lot to have good BRs/equipment/etc, or have one of the top players in our server.

How is team arena even matched up?
Translate

raelynn Last edit in 2014-1-14 00:52:20

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
princesstara
User
Joined 2013-12-22
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-14 12:14:17 | Show all posts

That is a question people have asked, all I\'ve heard is that they are trying to in the future, make matchmaking better for Team Arena, I\'m hoping it does come, as it\'ll make it more competitive and more fair.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

princesstara Last edit in 2014-1-14 12:14:17

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
viper28k
User
Joined 2013-12-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-14 18:33:16 | Show all posts

on server 1, it wasn\'t until sometime in the past week or so that team arena announcement stating it was starting suddenly changed to say cross server team arena starting, and suddenly we are facing teams from s2, s3 and sometimes even s4 now.

I have 168k br right now, and usually get two team mates also in the 140-180k br range as partners, it seems we are getting usually some of the top players from s2 and s3, and still there is usually a 20-40k br gap between the teams, so we usually win fairly easily.

I think they turned on the cross server matching too soon just because everyone kept asking for it and asking why it was only matching s1 to s1 when it was supposed to be a cross server feature, so they relented and opened up the matching, before the other servers were ready.

s1 was launched just over a month ago, and yet no cross server matches for the first 3 weeks or more of the server.

now it seems newer servers are having cross server matches right from the beginning of their servers, while s1 and s2 have had 2-3 weeks each to play within their own server and get a lot of wins before having to compete with other servers.

It may just keep rolling down hill from here, because at the rate they are adding servers, all of the first 10 or so servers are eventually going to be seen as overpowered and how do we compete with them etc.

I think there are a lot more servers coming too more then likely.

the china version of this game run by the same company/developer as ours, started their closed beta in july, went to open beta shortly before the us closed beta was going to start, and already has over 400 servers, all in about 6-7 months.

the us game already has 10-11 servers in its first month.

overtime it will seem more even as older players quit or slowdown on playing time or find it harder/slower to level up at the higher levels, allowing other players to gradually catch up on other servers

s1 had an entire week head start over s2, yet more and more of the s2 players are coming close to beating or actually beating some of the top 50 or so players on s1 in team arena now.  and none of the other servers have had more then a 2,3, or 4 day head start over the next one launched,  so the game will bunch up more and more as time passes.

even within server 1, there are players who didn\'t start playing until a week to week and a half after the server started, that are included in the top 100 players and becoming competitive with the top 50 players.

all that said, matching seriously does need to be improved.

my team last night faced a team from either s2 or s3, and the other team had a 130k lower br then my team, less then half the br my team had.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

viper28k Last edit in 2014-1-14 18:33:16

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
raelynn
User
Joined 2014-1-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2014-1-15 01:01:57 | Show all posts

Reply 2# viper28k

Will they even do anything about it? I just joined maybe it hasn\'t even been a week on AstralChildS9.

My guild has also been complaining how we are being matched up in a very unfair way. They should either match us up by level, or within close range of the opposing team\'s BRs, or even by the colour of our titles.

Seriously, they need to take into account the fact that our server is only a week old. Sure, people are probably demanding cross server action for team arena, but you could probably divide it off like s1 v s2, s3 vs s4 , ...so on and so forth. Come on.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

raelynn Last edit in 2014-1-15 01:01:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
viper28k
User
Joined 2013-12-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-15 11:26:05 | Show all posts

Reply 2# viper28k

Will they even do anything about it? I just joined maybe it hasn\'t even been a week on AstralChildS9.       

My guild has also been complaining how we are being matched up in a very unfair way. They should either match us up by level, or within close range of the opposing team\'s BRs, or even by the colour of our titles.       

Seriously, they need to take into account the fact that our server is only a week old. Sure, people are probably demanding cross server action for team arena, but you could probably divide it off like s1 v s2, s3 vs s4 , ...so on and so forth. Come on.       
    raelynn posted on 2014-01-14 12:01:57     

Exactly, it should be better.

and unfortunately I doubt they will do anything, ever, maybe later, definitely not now it doesn\'t seem like.  they can\'t even fix the simple quiz question bugs and map appearance issues getting reported to them, or hire in-game mods to regulate world chat, or fix the cancel button for vip that they promised to fix the first week of s1 when it was still the only server and they still haven\'t fixed any of those things yet.

All your matching suggestions are very good, hopefully they read this and get some ideas.

wow, ur server isn\'t even a week old yet, and they have already launched 3 more servers since yours.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

viper28k Last edit in 2014-1-15 11:26:05

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
raelynn
User
Joined 2014-1-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2014-1-16 13:00:03 | Show all posts

Reply 4# viper28k

I played too many games so i see errors quick.

And yes, in quiz, could you please spell Sudan properly. It\'s not Sundan
Translate
Floor reply (0)

raelynn Last edit in 2014-1-16 13:00:03

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-21 11:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059332 second(s), 44 queries .