North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Suggestions
7421 Threads / 28386 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 2190| Reply: 5

Major problem with guilds

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
markdesadex
User
Joined 2014-1-3
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-14 07:58:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
Major problem with guilds Reply:5| View:2190
        There is a significant problem with the way guilds work that needs to be fixed. Let\'s say a guild is established and has been active for a while, so it has lots of members who are all contributing gold to raising the guild level and bonuses. Then the guild leader decides, for whatever reason, to disband the guild, which he can do with one click. Suddenly 30 or more players are out a ton of gold with nothing to show for it, just because of something one guy did on a whim.
        Here\'s how it should work: once a guild exists, no one can choose to dissolve it. If the guild leader quits, the game can automatically put someone else in his position (it already does this if guild leaders stay offline for too long). The only way for a guild to disappear completely should be if every person in it decides, on their own, to quit until there is no one left. This would ensure that innocent people aren\'t harmed by the actions of others.
Translate

markdesadex Last edit in 2014-1-14 07:58:42

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kronus
User
Joined 2013-12-23
Last Visited 2021-03-03
Post time 2014-1-14 23:58:53 | Show all posts

then make sure the guild has a good guild leader
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kronus Last edit in 2014-1-14 23:58:53

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
rodtford
User
Joined 2014-1-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-18 22:27:47 | Show all posts

Good leaders aside. there arent alot of options for new players. classic example of what the OP is saying here happened already. a guild leader decided for very very trivial reasons ( i wont go into details as the word reason would imply he had something resembling one.) he was going to disband his guild. he bragged about it in world chat! so basically his 36 members upgraded said guild to level 5. now all thats gone! 35 players are scrambeling for a new guild...or just not joining one. and are out all the reasources they invested. this isnt ok not even a little. especially when there is a system in place to punish those who dont log in enough. I agree this same system should be used in the event a guild leader decides to quit the guild. when there are no members then the guild should be deleted.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

rodtford Last edit in 2014-1-18 22:27:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
viper28k
User
Joined 2013-12-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-18 23:14:42 | Show all posts

are they on server 1?  my former guild all of the actives merged with another guild because they were higher level guild andoffered merge and had room to take in all of the 10 or so active players I still had.

I left my former guild open, a level 12 guild, even left auto-invite still on, so that new s1 players could get head start with really good guild to start off with.  the flag was even already 5k out of 15k towards level 2 flag when I left.

would be great if some new players would take over my old guild and keep it going, rather then having it all go to waste.  right now one of my guild members who has an alternate character is logging in enough to keep the guild open, and a few other alts and 1-2 actives who chose to stay behind are still there and may be donating some to the guild still.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

viper28k Last edit in 2014-1-18 23:14:42

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
second
User
Joined 2014-1-5
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-1-19 09:40:23 | Show all posts

I play this other game that\'s a little similar to this, and in the guilds there, the guild leader CAN\'T do anything. There isn\'t a disband button. In order for the guild leader to leave, he has to appoint someone else as guild leader. Another thing: back before they made this change to the system, if the guild leader disbanded the guild, there would be a period of time (about 12 hours) where it would be posted that the guild was being disbanded and they could talk to their friends and try to secure a place to go. This way, they could claim everything they needed to claim, and make sure that they could join another guild as soon as they could...all the while still having the benefits of the guild.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

second Last edit in 2014-1-19 09:40:23

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-13 16:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062023 second(s), 42 queries .