North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 3685| Reply: 16

CHEATING IN TWILIGHT CLASH? LEAGUE OF ANGELS

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
stormreaver01
User
Joined 2014-6-6
Last Visited 2020-01-05
Post time 2015-1-2 12:04:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
CHEATING IN TWILIGHT CLASH? LEAGUE OF ANGELS Reply:16| View:3685
        Our team;just completed Round 2 today of Twilight Clash.; We know the difference between glitches in Twilight and cheating.; This is what we observed:;
        (1) Opponents able to take flag from pick-up point and just \'disappear\' with it straight back to their base.; How, without cheating?
        (2) Opponents able to \'blink in\' from nowhere, steal flag and \'blink out\' again!; How, without cheating?
        (3) Opponents able to come into, or \'blink into\' our base and just steal the flag, then \'blink out\' and go directly to their base.; How, without cheating?
        These instances do not fall under the category of \'glitches\' in Twilight Clash.; Therefore I ask if any other players have suffered these instances in Twilight Clash, then please post your findings here and also post a ticket for the LOA team to investigate the particular;round you refer to.; That\'s what I\'ve just done - asked the LOA team to check the particular round my guild has just played for cheating, and to report it back to me.; I suggest you do the same.
Translate

stormreaver01 Last edit in 2015-1-2 12:04:51

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
dr. phidel
User
Joined 2014-8-20
Last Visited 2018-06-01
Post time 2015-1-2 12:11:16 | Show all posts

same goes from our server too HKT... they can steal flag even we stand center of our base... and we cant see them running, they just suddenly appear in front of you....

Translate
Floor reply (0)

dr. phidel Last edit in 2015-1-2 12:11:16

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
reginac369
User
Joined 2014-9-27
Last Visited 2016-05-10
Post time 2015-1-2 12:44:57 | Show all posts

had no opponents our last TC, and yet our own team had the ghosts stealing flags.... it was a source of amusement and not a cheat but instead likely out of sync servers.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

reginac369 Last edit in 2015-1-2 12:44:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nyssa101
User
Joined 2014-8-4
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-2 13:09:35 | Show all posts

twilight clash is bug.... its not a cheat..;
Translate
Floor reply (2)

nyssa101 Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:09:35

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2015-1-2 13:15:32 | Show all posts

Okay, let\'s explain it again I guess it\'s not been told for a while. Mind you, this is not officially confirmed, but the easy explanation of the problem.

1) There is a major bug in TC that causes players to partially lose sync with the server
2) The result is that their position no longer gets updated to other players.
3) Thus, while they\'re walking around just fine and interacting normally, other players see them running in the same place throughout the match and seemingly interacting at a distance.

As a result:
        - Players get ghost attacked (the player is really next to you, but your game thinks he is somewhere else)
        - Flags get teleported (the player is really at the flagpost, but your game thinks he\'s somewhere else. Commonly in his base)
        - If this occurs while a player is moving, the player may end up moving off the map entirely. You\'ll also see them running over impassible terrain. Again, they\'re not really walking there, it\'s just your game not getting the properly updated information.

Likewise if you\'re the one with the desync:
- Players can intercept you at the location you appear to them, even if you are really inside your base. Bad thing if you are stuck outside.

This may also cause players to become unable to deliver a flag to the base flagpost. I\'m not giving details on this, as some would exploit it. Remember that while bugs aren\'t a cheat, causing them on purpose as to disrupt an enemy team, IS cheating.
It may also be linked to flags becoming impossible to collect from a flagpost. I do not know exactly how this one works - seems to be a slightly different but related bug.

====

Overall, it\'s a highly annoying bug, to the point that there is now a petition to just take away TC until it gets fixed. In my personal opinion it is mainly an advantage to the weaker team (as the ability to teleport flags home safely is the greatest effect on scores); in general it balances out as you may not be seen by the enemy, but you\'re not able to see him either (as the bugged player can likewise be attacked at a place he isn\'t at).
On solutions: it seems to reset if you re-enter TC. Note that this will give you a 30 second waiting period at base and sometimes worse if you get hit by another bug; best time to do that, obviously, is right when you die. No doubt it will desync again later, but this may be helpful to some extent if the ghosting is getting on your nerves.;

Most important thing: your team is almost certainly affected by the same bug, though obviously you won\'t tend to pay attention to it. You may see them running in place, and flags teleporting. Also it goes both ways. So on that alone, you shouldn\'t feel too annoyed by it: it\'s unlikely to decide many matches.;
More so, understand that in any case, this is a bug. Players do not choose this; some players are more susceptible to it than others. They may not know they are affected, and if they do know, they can\'t fix it. Don\'t throw accusations of cheating without very good reason.

Final point: especially on newer servers, many players may not know this. If you read this and it is news to you, please make sure to explain this to others on the server who don\'t know. Make sure people know it\'s a bug, not a cheat. No matter how annoying it is, you really don\'t want your server to become a flame war through accusations of cheating and unfairness, not in any case, and especially not when such accusations are based on people just not understanding the game - in this case, the TC bugs.

P.S. Also realize, this bug has been around for a year now. The devs have been made aware of it repeatedly; they have chosen not to address it for whatever reason. My guess is that the problem lies so deep in the code that it\'s hard to fix, and likely cause new problems if they try. So don\'t expect a solution. If you want, then leave a comment on the recent petition to just disable TC until it\'s fixed; that may be the best option for now.

Hope this answers your questions!;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:15:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
ken draken
User
Joined 2014-6-5
Last Visited 2019-12-23
Post time 2015-1-2 14:12:46 | Show all posts

On a final note, when you are about to grab the flag the bar above your head thing you can use the mini map to move which is how most people who play TC will do and use, why on earth they let you move with the mini map is beyond me to begin with.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

ken draken Last edit in 2015-1-2 14:12:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
starlight279
User
Joined 2014-1-17
Last Visited 2018-07-12
Post time 2015-1-2 14:13:14 | Show all posts

its a major bug in tc thats why there is a form post on taking it down til it is fixed;
        http://community.gtarcade.com/post/index/id/43902/
Translate
Floor reply (0)

starlight279 Last edit in 2015-1-2 14:13:14

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
razziel666
User
Joined 2014-6-22
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-2 15:50:41 | Show all posts

Noob question, how to activate the ghosting. There must be some way of activating it right?;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

razziel666 Last edit in 2015-1-2 15:50:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
cinta cinta
User
Joined 2014-9-16
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-2 17:34:09 | Show all posts

when we win and kill ppl on my server.. i called cheater, etc
Translate
Floor reply (0)

cinta cinta Last edit in 2015-1-2 17:34:09

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
stormreaver01
User
Joined 2014-6-6
Last Visited 2020-01-05
 Author| Post time 2015-1-4 09:24:00 | Show all posts

Reply 4# tenshi samshel
        Thank you tenshi, I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to explain it very thoroughly.; I will pass this on to my guild members, it is much appreciated!

Translate
Floor reply (0)

stormreaver01 Last edit in 2015-1-4 09:24:00

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-22 02:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090074 second(s), 51 queries .