North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1090| Reply: 14

In Game Moderator

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
darkblackheart
User
Joined 2014-4-6
Last Visited 2019-09-20
Post time 2015-1-2 13:19:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
In Game Moderator Reply:14| View:1090
        Recently on S91, I got a disturbing pm, accusing at least six of my guild members including myself of cheating. I told my guild and one of these accused got angry and took it to world. Two members of the guild GenesiS, Silent and YuiGasai added their own comments. Saying a guild member ratted us out, and accused of cheating. They did not say how. In the middle of this post, YuiGasai announced he was an in game moderator. Now, this struck me as odd. Usually the mods on forums are respectful, they do NOT accuse without having any proof of cheating, nor do they interfere. Perhaps I\'ve never met an in game mod. Its certainly possible. However, this YuiGasai, asked for a guild mates forum name. Again, this struck me as odd as usually IGNs and server numbers are all that are requested. So, I jumped in, mad about a variety of things in this conversation. Unfortunately, I don\'t have the pms accusing my guild members of cheating.;
        However, Id like to ask if this YuiGasai is in fact a moderator. He says his forum name is Bentz, after I repeated asked him for it in world chat. If so, I think it was woefully out of hand for what he did. He basically confirmed that someone accused us of cheating, refused to tell us HOW we were cheating or anything else really. Im offended by the way an in game moderator acted if he did in fact do this. And should any of my guild be accused and banned for cheating WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN, I will gladly leave the game forever, taking my money with me. And for the record, Bentz, if you are a super moderator, my forum name is darkblackheart.
        ;
        ShadowPaw
        S91
Translate

darkblackheart Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:19:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
johnnybravo
User
Joined 2014-1-5
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-2 13:29:56 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

looks like he\'s just a troll
Translate
Floor reply (0)

johnnybravo Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:29:56

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
darkblackheart
User
Joined 2014-4-6
Last Visited 2019-09-20
 Author| Post time 2015-1-2 13:32:15 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

Reply 1# johnnybravo
Id say so too. But if he is a mod then they need to control him better. And get rid of that bias of his.;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

darkblackheart Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:32:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2015-1-2 13:36:19 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

99% chance that he\'s a troll/griefer/scammer.

Never trust a player who claims to hold any position ingame, unless he can absolutely prove it. Some mods may make accounts on your server to investigate something, they might ask stuff and you might answer, but they can\'t speak with any authority at all, unless they have clear proof of anything.;

Might be some of the mods can explain how we can identify a staff person ingame if at all. Without such info, always assume it to be false. And above all, NEVER give out any personal information, passwords etc in these circumstances. These are common tricks used by con artists, and on occasion by trolls and griefers.

Make sure to screenshot anyone claiming to have such authority without proof immediately, and report them. If it does turn out to be a mod, the staff can explain to this mod how to identify himself. More likely, it will end up in banning a scammer.;
I trust you also reported this directly?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:36:19

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
darkblackheart
User
Joined 2014-4-6
Last Visited 2019-09-20
 Author| Post time 2015-1-2 13:38:43 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

Reply 3# tenshi samshel
        Im uncertain as to how exactly to report this directly, could you explain?

Translate
Floor reply (0)

darkblackheart Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:38:43

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2015-1-2 13:52:24 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

;;;; Reply 3# tenshi samshel
                        Im uncertain as to how exactly to report this directly, could you explain?       

;;; darkblackheart posted on 2015-01-02 00:38:43;;;;

I can\'t give any official response as I\'m not an official, obviously ;).

Main routes I know of are:
- submitting a ticket. Downside: sometimes tickets are handled very slowly or not at all
- Posting on the forums. Usually the Support section is the right place for this, although general discussion tends to be watched by some mods. Downside: on active days, a thread may quickly disappear from the front pages and remain unseen by mods.
- PM\'ing a super mod. Downside: some of them often seem rather inactive. If you know one is active, that\'s probably best with serious issues.
- PM\'ing an active junior mod. Best on activity, and they can get it to the right people if they can\'t fix it themselves; they also can give useful advice in most situations, and many of them are quite active.;

I leave that to your wisdom; it largely depends on what the player in question does and whether you feel it is urgent. If he\'s just an obvious troll, it may be easier to ignore him... but if he\'s really causing trouble, it may be good to get it handled before someone falls for it. Getting a mod\'s confirmation may also just be good if you\'re worried about this (though as said, a real admin should be able to give proof anyway).;

As said, those are just my thoughts as a fellow player .
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2015-1-2 13:52:24

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tokkie
User
Joined 2014-6-6
Last Visited 2016-08-23
Post time 2015-1-2 14:02:05 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

Reply 4# darkblackheart

There\'s nothing far as I know identifying; staff anyone else for that matter that as any authority especially in-game.

I would be suspicious of anyone asking specific questions regarding your account or forum information.; I\'ve created several accounts to help players or acquire more information about a specific bug, but I\'m easily identifiable but will only speak pertaining to the problem and answer any other questions they\'ll ask.;

Forum Mod\'s would only get a flair to one specified account, only real way to identify them.;;

But report, you would post this in the support section since it will probably be ignored here.; Provide your IGN, Server, Platform and brief story.; Basically what you posted in general just in the support section.;

That should be a troll/scammer trying to fish for stuff... but hopefully GTA would be able to pull the person IP and possible identify them that way though I doubt anything will come of it.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tokkie Last edit in 2015-1-2 14:02:05

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
darkblackheart
User
Joined 2014-4-6
Last Visited 2019-09-20
 Author| Post time 2015-1-2 14:04:49 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

Reply 5# tenshi samshel
I might just try all of these. My guild is still upset it seems, so Id like confirmation that this isnt in fact a mod, or if it is, they acted out of hand. I appreciate the helpful post and hope you have a wonderful night!!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

darkblackheart Last edit in 2015-1-2 14:04:49

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
starburst
User
Joined 2014-8-31
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-2 14:20:47 | Show all posts

In Game Moderator

I know on R2, vets and GMs have specific name colors to identify them (blue for vets, pink for GMs), and I would assume there\'s a similar function on GTArcade since it\'s the same game, just different hosts. Apparently it\'s quite a bit of work to get that set up on a server, though (vets have to contact a GM to turn their name blue) so if one\'s dropping by just to check in on a server reporting issues, they don\'t usually bother.

Either way I\'m not aware of a forum user named Bentz. Good luck getting this sorted out!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

starburst Last edit in 2015-1-2 14:20:47

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

禁止访问

Credits
blankz
User
Joined 2014-9-3
Last Visited 2017-04-19
Post time 2015-1-2 23:01:37 | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Floor reply (0)

blankz Last edit in 2015-1-2 23:01:37

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-23 18:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070095 second(s), 52 queries .