North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 778| Reply: 14

Possble CS Unfair Match-Ups Solution

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
miku /^-^/
User
Joined 2014-2-28
Last Visited 2019-02-05
Post time 2015-1-10 08:35:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
Possble CS Unfair Match-Ups Solution Reply:14| View:778
        At first, I wanted it to put on Suggestions Tab but I want to discuss this first. It\'s a bit long and might be hard to understand, so please have patience XD.
        1.The codes you put before entering the war, what are those for? Draws to put you on a team which is not full? Or, what team will you got to?
        2.And the points you get after you put the code, are those randomly chosen for you? If not, how does it work?;
        3.How about a boost morale or buff scrolls?
        4.CS Rankings
        Discussion
        1.During entrance at CS War, u get a code. If you put too much time on typing it, it will change right? Whats the purpose for it, another map becoz the first code which was supposed to put you on a map had already have a full capacity?
        ; ; Why not just make it like this.
        ; ; Let the system arrange different maps (identical ofc) for different level gaps [(Lvl 60-70), (Lvl 70-80),etc] on the same Server Lists (Us West, Us East, etc).Then, when entering CS War, you will be given two codes to enter, both appearing at the same time, Blue team on the left, and Red team on the right. Then, the system automatically puts you on a match according to you level gap tier and server. If, however, you put a code and the team was full before you could enter, you\'ll just be given another one or just automatically be put on another map or the other team.
        2.The points, I don\'t know if those are actually random honor points you get after the war because I don\'t observe it.Make it so like the first one to enter the team or match gets the highest points to start with. And not if he went wrong the first code.
        3. Don\'t really know if the +1 or +5 on attack works on CS but I want to make it more useful.;
        ; ; Every team has his own strongest player. If a certain player reaches a certain amount of consecutive kills(Like you get ungodly description on yourself during CS War), the team should get a morale boost like +5% stats boost to all stats to all players so If there is only one player on a losing team who only can mine and dominate others, he\'s fellow teammates can help too.But ofc, this buff should only work to current team who is losing.Also, it could only apply if the winning team\'s lead is 100 or 200 or more so a close a fair match shall not have unfair stats boosts.

4. This is actually an alternate solution because my suggestions might be impossible or contradicting some rules and maybe overestimating a computer and programmer\'s capability.If this isnt good enough or wont ever work, give us WEEKLY rewards of honors based on rankings so we get a little compensation for the unfair match-ups on CS War.
Translate

miku /^-^/ Last edit in 2015-1-10 08:35:42

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kitsune mechan
User
Joined 2014-9-26
Last Visited 2016-03-26
Post time 2015-1-10 10:44:05 | Show all posts

They are made to stop bots , and did a good job .
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kitsune mechan Last edit in 2015-1-10 10:44:05

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2015-1-10 11:15:00 | Show all posts

Before responding: while I disagree with most of what you say, I do want to give you credit for the effort and the well made post. Hope this response helps a bit .

The codes is what\'s called Captcha. It\'s an automated Turing test. It\'s purpose is telling genuine players from bots, since basic bots cannot figure out a;captcha code, thus preventing people from just botting CS all day long.

As it is, I couldn\'t redesign the CS system, simply because I don\'t have data on player numbers. The issue of level balancing goes against the issue of endless waiting to get any team at all. Better to get an imbalanced match than to be unable to play half the time. So balancing who plays in which instance is something we can\'t say much about, and frankly, the current balance is probably decent in most cases.
I will also remind you that things like level and BR are almost useless to assess someone\'s strength. Above lvl 70, it\'s;mostly;about skill and cash, and those aren\'t really represented well;in any figure.

The best stat we have to assess strength at this time is CS ranking. Better players win more, so their ranking will be balanced out a little higher. I think the best solution would lie in improving that system and relying on it primarily... but that may be in deep coding, so unlikely to be done (and likely to cause bugs if they try). To my knowledge this is already part of the decision making in how the teams are balanced.

Also note that a lot of problems are caused by players failing to join (whether by failing captcha, which is sometimes annoying, or by missing the timer itself, or other reasons). At that point someone needs to be replaced. If the #6 of your team is replaced by a massive player, you have a big advantage; if the #1 is replaced by a newbie, you\'re likely to lose.;

Things I\'d consider for improvement:
1) Improve the CS ranking system, make it more stable. Deduct and add fewer points per match; the higher your ranking, the less it should change. This way an OP player who just lost 3 matches by bad luck, will likely still be recognized as stronger than the weaker player who got three lucky wins.
2) In addition, it may be useful to let the point counting depend also on player ranking. Thus players who rank 1st on a loss, will still keep most of their points, while those who get a win when they barely did anything, won\'t gain much. This might help in balancing the numbers (note, what I want balanced is the order players are ranked in, from best to worst. Doesn\'t matter if the top players have 2k points or 2M, so long as the order is right).
        3) As a final move, as to keep numbers in a decent rage and remove inactives from it, just detract 10% of people\'s scores every once in a while. Whether after X matches or after X days. As it\'s done throughout the board, it again shouldn\'t affect the order.

4) After that, it should be fairly doable to (mostly) balance the teams. #1 on blue, #2/3 on red, #4/5 on blue, #6/7 on red etc. Afaik that\'s already the system in place now?

5) The main other problem are invincible players. Fun as it is, this is the greatest problem in locking down matches. A solution might be to give an exhaustion debuff after each consecutive kill, which will be reset upon death.;Say a;stacking;10-15% HP debuff. Even the best tanks will die after 7-10 kills, giving the opponent a little time to steal the mine once or twice.;
Might wanna put that debuff in place before the fight, to prevent cases where both players die, which might cause some bugs.;
Such a move would hopefully promote teamwork and tactics, as the big guys would need smaller players to take out the weak enemies, as not to just get killed by swarming lowbies every few mining cycles.

6) Finally I\'d slightly tweak scoring mechanisms. The main change I\'d recommend is adding more points for combat (whether won or lost). Ideally I\'d only want those;points for useful intercepts. Well timed suicides are a major component in letting your team win, after all - some matches are basically won by players who have almost no score due to the current state of affairs.
In addition, final bonus points should probably just be half the team\'s score. Thus a team fighting to the bitter end might still;get 490 points, while a team that just gives up won\'t get that 350 point credit. Another way to view this is that if you do a critical intercept, it also ends up giving you 50% of the points earned by it.
With such changes, it should be easy to get a decent score for anyone. Thus the minimum requirement can be raised, ensuring players can\'t just;go afk after 1-2 minings.;

Those would be my thoughts. Of the OP, the main suggestion I do;like (that isn\'t already in the game as far as I know );is weekly rewards, presumably based on CS rankings, or maybe just on;total;matches won during the past week. Bit of extra incentive for the hard work.;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2015-1-10 11:15:00

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
miku /^-^/
User
Joined 2014-2-28
Last Visited 2019-02-05
 Author| Post time 2015-1-11 11:32:34 | Show all posts

How exactly do u do Botting lol. I dont get that
Translate
Floor reply (0)

miku /^-^/ Last edit in 2015-1-11 11:32:34

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
starburst
User
Joined 2014-8-31
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-11 12:12:15 | Show all posts

Reply 2# tenshi samshel
        I like these ideas a lot, haha.

A couple thoughts I\'d like to add -
        - The invincible player problem is probably not solvable just by putting in place a simple debuff - I\'ve run into situations where no one on my entire team has enough hit to hit the enemy\'s main. I\'m not sure how this could be fixable, though - anyone who attacks them would just time out and lose because defender wins in CS battles, but if we change the way draw winners are determined, a solo main with massive dodge vs. people with low hit will always win based on damage dealt. And a -dodge debuff would just be kind of weird imo.
        - Definitely think there should be more of an incentive to keep fighting even in situations where you know you\'re going to lose the match - I know in a lot of the \'CS is unbalanced\' threads, people confess that when they see they\'re in a bad match-up, they just go AFK, and I\'ve had quite a few of them in my games. Higher points for combat would probably help that significantly, though, since most of my bad match-ups (especially in transport mode) the better players end up with a lot of kills but almost no ore.
        - Transport mode is annoying and I\'d rather have it all be mine mode. But that\'s just me.
        - After a game has started, it might be better to just lock it down and keep new players from joining. It\'s very frustrating to get into a game that\'s already going 700-30 or something like that, although I\'ve also had the polar opposite happen - we were winning by a large margin, then one of those invincible players joined and shut us out from getting any ore.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

starburst Last edit in 2015-1-11 12:12:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tenshi samshel
User
Joined 2014-1-31
Last Visited 2016-02-20
Post time 2015-1-11 13:21:54 | Show all posts

;Reply 3# raikiri99
;        I assume you know what it is: a computer program simply executing a series of steps. A simple bot can just make you walk to a certain spot on the map, stay there and then keep clicking (in LoA terms, run to mid and spam it). A second part could be used to keep entering matches. More sophisticated bots just do a more complex set of steps, often including recognizing all kinds of events, as used in large MMOs by some goldfarm companies
Mostly bots are just downloaded by cheaters. Some people make them themselves, though in this case nothing advanced would be really necessary, I think - if not for the CAPTCHA.

Needless to say: never do this. Odds are you\'ll download a virus, to start with. After that, odds are you\'ll get banned, and rightly so.;

;Reply;4#;starburst
        Hence the debuff version I mentioned doesn\'t just balance the fights. After enough wins, the player just starts with 0 HP and dies instantly. It\'s very crude, but relatively simple to make (I think) and limits the damage an invincible player can do.
        If dodge were the only issue, I\'d just suggest a dodge debuff... but many big players would still be invincible and without dodge, that\'d be worse if anything. Aside from it being a bad plan to nerf one group of players into the ground, at any point.
An earlier proposal against time-outs was to slowly decrease dodge, DEF, heal etc. after a certain amount of rounds. In CS, this debuff could simply carry over in multiple fights. That however would be a lot more difficult to program.

Translate
Floor reply (0)

tenshi samshel Last edit in 2015-1-11 13:21:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
johnnyp00d
User
Joined 2014-4-24
Last Visited 2019-12-22
Post time 2015-1-11 14:10:45 | Show all posts

Umm it is broken right now and has been for 2 days so who cares at the moment.
        As long as it works it is fine hey

Translate
Floor reply (0)

johnnyp00d Last edit in 2015-1-11 14:10:45

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
gamer976
User
Joined 2014-10-21
Last Visited 2015-12-23
Post time 2015-1-11 18:28:19 | Show all posts

only really two things to say.
        1. just recognize CS as more free loot. sure it is nice to win, but it does not matter.
        2. stop the negative damage that sometimes happens. or at least make it zero.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

gamer976 Last edit in 2015-1-11 18:28:19

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
tnb
User
Joined 2014-9-16
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-11 21:38:03 | Show all posts

The CS has already divided into two group by lvl, and;peoples always wait;a very long time when you are lvl 30 ~ lvl 5x ( x is not sure,;seems x < 8;). if divide to more group, that will be more pain.
        During a unfair match, you may lose but still get;about;300+ honor.
        Only when the initial point is;also very low, that might be a problem.
        As the assignment is random to everyone, so it is fair when you have done many battles.
        ;
        The cs honor you have is depend on how many times you do it.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

tnb Last edit in 2015-1-11 21:38:03

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jesse dhom
User
Joined 2014-5-2
Last Visited 2016-09-01
Post time 2015-1-12 04:48:46 | Show all posts

possible solution is to make the CS with players that have entered the game the or around the same time you did, I get in their with players that have been in the game sense the beginning which isnt going to be even a match for us that started later simply bc of their training,evolutions,soul rise,soultraining and I see they have evolved the spiritsoul totem which means they have had the chance to win it twice,while its been in one of my servers rewards for a chance to win it.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

jesse dhom Last edit in 2015-1-12 04:48:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-23 22:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064741 second(s), 52 queries .