North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website Knights Fable Suggestions
2245 Threads / 9732 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 265| Reply: 1

Alliance War - Changes that should occur

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
willbrace2
User
Joined 2014-7-31
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-12 10:16:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Alliance War - Changes that should occur Reply:1| View:265
        All,

I would prefer the following alliance war changes. I listed the changes up front, and a detailed explanation for every change along the way and how it would benefit the flow of the daily event. I feel the reward system could be adjusted to be better, but this is exclusively focused towards structural changes on how the alliance war operates. Feel free to add into what I wrote.

Quick summary of my suggestions:
                        1) Remove apply system. Use automation to prevent alliances from applying to other cities once they occupied a higher tier city.                                2) Change outer city war to be a system of who can deal the most damage in 5 minutes. Modify the ballista to be a gold based buff for 60 seconds for your entire alliance to deal more damage. Remove outer city defense.                                3) Remove inner city occupation defense.                                4) Use automation to allow alliances to battle in higher tiered cities even if they own a lower tiered city, without forcing an alliance to abandon their city.       

Long Explanation:

When Alliance War was first released, there were 3 cities available that players could swap between attacking and the same alliance could potentially own all three cities, and in many servers, did.
        This proved to be a system that did not provide the results as intended by the admins. Afterwards, in order to create a more healthy competition, the admins released a new system that forced your alliance to apply to ONE of the cities, and one couldn\'t apply to additional cities. Unfortunately, the admins were not satisfied with this option as alliances would rather avoid the conflict to get a secured city as opposed to fighting other alliances.
        Finally, the admins modified the system once again to enable healthy competition, the best system that the admins have developed so far. It allows healthy competition by removing the penalty for a #2 alliance competing with a #1 alliance, and #3 with #2. However, there are still flaws with the current system as I will address:

Primarily: The application system should be removed. It served a purpose to prevent an alliance from taking all 3 cities. With the city battles occurring at different days, you may now easily modify the system by just using variables to check which alliances have won in day 1/2, and prevent them from competing in day 2/3. I have forgotten on multiple occasions to have my alliance abandon the city at the appropriate time, which prevents me from competing with other alliances. Additionally, I have forgotten to apply on multiple occasions as well. It\'s quite counter productive, and doesn\'t make much sense to me. The reason why it was implemented is no longer an issue, so I believe it should be removed.

Secondly: Outer city war. This system is also outdated and wasn\'t thought through for higher level players. Currently, in S14, if our major 3 alliances all partake in city 1, with everyone abandoning their city, the city falls in one wave. One wave. Boom. Gone. One attack, and it\'s over. Thinking about the situation in merged servers isn\'t pretty.
        Additionally, it\'s the players who spend more gold on ballista, or those who have more players who attack, who qualify. I don\'t quite find this fair, as it measures activity instead of strength.
        Also, if an alliance does defend their city, it feels quirky. It\'s almost like being punished for not abandoning and reapplying. The outer city battle lasts forever, as players battle, and if a side is stronger [or the attackers are nonexistent], then it just stagnates and doesn\'t feel like it ever ends. The boring factor of it all is a primary reason that players do not partake in holding onto cities in our non-merged environments [and i\'m not sure about the merged ones].

So how would I fix this? I would modify it so that you gain a scaling amount of points based on your damage, with a time limit of 5 minutes and an absurdly high hit point defense. I would also add in the ability to utilize a siege buff from the existing ballista that makes all alliance members gain 25%/50%/75%/100% increased damage for 60 seconds for gold. Finally, I would adjust the points gained from this battle, in order to keep it consistent with the inner city war, by ranking exclusively.

Thirdly, the inner city war. I love it the way it is when everyone abandons their city. It\'s good. It goes smoothly. Players who revive with gold get shunned but it\'s fair in a strange way. It\'s amazing when it\'s a three way battle.
        However, I feel it\'s strange when you actually occupy the city. Preventing others from gaining 3000 points often takes way too long. You wait, and wait, and wait. They get a buff against you, which makes you die more, then you wait more. It doesn\'t feel the same as going in for a normal battle, and players would rather just conduct the normal battle by abandoning the city, than worry about all the strange quirks involved with abandoning the city. It\'s more secure to fight on an even ground than worrying about the changes if you actually occupy the city.
        I would personally prefer that you gain no advantage from occupying the city, and that you would remove that feature completely.

Finally, occupying a city. I like the benefits, but I hate the combat functions. They add in about 30 minutes on an alliance war for keeping the occupation, and you may not partake in other city battles without abandoning the city.
        My suggestion is to not force players to abandon their city to partake in higher level city battles. They should be able to participate without abandoning their city, and it automatically abandons their city if they happen to win by chance.

So, to sum up my suggestions again:
        1) Remove apply system. Use automation to prevent alliances from applying to other cities once they occupied a higher tier city.
        2) Change outer city war to be a system of who can deal the most damage in 5 minutes. Modify the ballista to be a gold based buff for 60 seconds for your entire alliance to deal more damage. Remove outer city defense.
        3) Remove inner city occupation defense.
        4) Use automation to allow alliances to battle in higher tiered cities even if they own a lower tiered city, without forcing an alliance to abandon their city.
Translate

willbrace2 Last edit in 2015-1-12 10:16:35

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-29 07:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054217 second(s), 34 queries .