North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Bugs
16222 Threads / 73069 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 717| Reply: 7

Possible causes of Zodiac Database Error

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
aaaagggge
User
Joined 2014-6-3
Last Visited 2015-12-03
Post time 2015-1-12 12:21:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Possible causes of Zodiac Database Error Reply:7| View:717

Yesterday (Jan. 10) I blitzed the Zodiac as I do every night after reset. However unlike every other night, instead of getting 428 Aegis shards, I got a Database Error message and 0 shards (and 0 Tycoon points instead of 856).

I was going to post a bug report, but then I saw dozens of other threads about the same thing. However, instead of just piling on, I’m going to give whatever information I can to help fix it. (Don\'t get me wrong, I’m furious that I lost almost 1,000 Tycoon points. That might end up being the deciding factor between ranking in the top-10 or top-20 and costing me the goods!)

There are two things that could be the cause (or maybe both).

•                 Little Helper dungeon blitz

•                 Clear-blitz race-condition

Little Helper:
        The biggest offender is likely to be the Little Helper. Normally, you cannot blitz Zodiac while a dungeon blitz is ongoing. If you have a dungeon blitz going and you click Zodiac, it will show the blitz window for the dungeon (and vice versa; clicking dungeons while a Zodiac blitz is happening will show the Zodiac blitz window over the dungeon map). However, the Little Helper does dungeon blitzes for you irrespective of the dungeon map, so you can click the Zodiac icon and click its 1-Click blitz button even if the Little Helper is busy blitzing dungeons. Maybe what’s happening is that the Little Helper’s blitz is interfering with the Zodiac’s blitz.

Clear button:
        When I had the database error message, the most noticeable difference from normal was that the [Clear] button only said “Clear”, it did not say “Clear CD (free)” like it normally does. Normally, when I blitz dungeons or Zodiacs, it first shows “Clear”, then it changes to “Clear CD (free)”. I think when the Zodiac failed, I had clicked it before it changed. Maybe what happened was that I clicked it between the time when it shows the interface and when it checks the status of my account (to see if I am level 60+ or VIP 4+) and changes the Clear button. That might have caused it to end up with an invalid variable value.

Fortunately it did not happen today (Jan. 11); the Zodiac blitzed correctly.

Translate

aaaagggge Last edit in 2015-1-12 12:21:20

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jeremy.t.daugh...
User
Joined 2014-12-14
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-2-24 12:22:59 | Show all posts

database error going on 7 weeks.; I\'ve dropped significantly.; I would think we are talking about 500,000 diamonds worth of loss at this point.; I don\'t know how you are going to calculate the compensation, but it would be mounting for the losses I\'ve taken over zodiac, loop, event, and rank reward losses.
        Meltaph
        Luke (672)
Translate
Floor reply (0)

jeremy.t.daugh... Last edit in 2015-2-24 12:22:59

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
kittypurry
User
Joined 2014-2-8
Last Visited 2017-01-19
Post time 2015-2-24 13:39:57 | Show all posts

Clear button:        
                        When I had the database error message, the most noticeable difference from normal was that the [Clear] button only said “Clear”, it did not say “Clear CD (free)” like it normally does. Normally, when I blitz dungeons or Zodiacs, it first shows “Clear”, then it changes to “Clear CD (free)”. I think when the Zodiac failed, I had clicked it before it changed. Maybe what happened was that I clicked it between the time when it shows the interface and when it checks the status of my account (to see if I am level 60+ or VIP 4+) and changes the Clear button. That might have caused it to end up with an invalid variable value.       

Not wanting this issue myself I have asked several players with that error, and a lot have said that in a hurry they clicked Clear before the button changed to “Clear CD (free)”  

So I always wait a few seconds before hitting “Clear CD (free)”  
Translate
Floor reply (0)

kittypurry Last edit in 2015-2-24 13:39:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jeremy.t.daugh...
User
Joined 2014-12-14
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-3-1 06:20:51 | Show all posts

So the programmers fixed my database error. ;Seven weeks of no zodiac, loop quests, or event bonuses? ;Where is the compensation? ;
        User Name - MelTaph
        Server - Luke (672)
Translate
Floor reply (0)

jeremy.t.daugh... Last edit in 2015-3-1 06:20:51

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
christina mcde...
User
Joined 2014-7-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-3-1 08:20:32 | Show all posts

when i have a loop blitz error from little helper, i go do one of the loops manually and the try little helper again..perhaps it will work with Zodiac by beating one of the Zodiacs manually and try blitzing again.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

christina mcde... Last edit in 2015-3-1 08:20:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
christina mcde...
User
Joined 2014-7-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-3-1 08:23:04 | Show all posts

and this zodiac blitz error has been going on before they implemented little helper so i know it\'s not that
Translate
Floor reply (0)

christina mcde... Last edit in 2015-3-1 08:23:04

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bubblegummy
User
Joined 2014-5-24
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-3-1 11:50:43 | Show all posts

Everyone doesn\'t even stay near the portals Same here in S212 (Thalia)
Translate
Floor reply (0)

bubblegummy Last edit in 2015-3-1 11:50:43

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-29 06:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057798 second(s), 46 queries .