North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website Knights Fable Strategy
933 Threads / 3561 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 536| Reply: 4

aMAZEing Maze Feature Strategy

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andy miller_16...
User
Joined 2014-8-1
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-12 23:54:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
aMAZEing Maze Feature Strategy Reply:4| View:536

Maze Feature Strategy - Vilnius (S33)
        First, I want to apologize for the pun... sorry, not sorry we all knew it was bound to happen.

It\'s my intention to make this as comprehensive as possible. There may be a small gap or two but i will be back to fill in any relevant information that is left out of the first draft. This is my first KF strategy post, show love or hate, I care not. Let\'s BEGIN! Upon entering the maze feature you\'ll see the following screen.. Please, note my notes .
        The following screen is where you will pick the difficulty level of the floor that you\'ve entered. Normal, Hero, or Abyss can be selected and the recommended Battle Rating and Level is given for each. In my opinion the BR estimates are an extreme overshoot.;

While you can leave the maze in the middle of your attempt, your battle progress within the maze instance is saved.;This means you will not be able to switch out heroes, change formation, deploy a different beast, etc. one the maze instance has started.;Two hours is provided regardless of floor or difficulty selection. Our next stop is the main game screen:
;
You will see three tile effects in front of you at the start. Your first move, however, MUST be to the one in the middle. You cannot get onto a tile that touches corners with the tile you are standing on in one move (unless you are standing on a Lucky Feet Tile and received +1 movement effect.. but more on that later). One move = One step onto an ADJACENT tile. I\'m a bit miffed because my only option starting this maze is Gods Wrath, one of the few tiles that is always bad no matter the situation. Let\'s review the tiles so that you know what you are up against.

God\'s Wrath has one of two effects. It will either reduce your total number of movesor it will become a barrier and block you from passing over the tile (basically forcing youuse up the moves it probably would have just taken away) This is an avoid at all costs tile. 10 points in exchange for several moves that would have probably been at least 10 points each will never get you a high score. Make note of where these are and PLAN to have to move around them. Always remember how many moves to get to the guardian

Secret Adventure - This is your bread and butter tile. Point value is 10 - 20 depending
on if you encounter a monster (10) or a trap (20). Monster encounters are basic battles.
Traps are a bit different but not much. You may opt to wait 10 minutes and bypass;
battle, you can pay gold to sneak and bypass battle right away, or you can just smash
the monsters that are the same level as the other encounter anyway (as far as I can tell)
No matter what you do, you get the 20 points if it\'s a trap. I just battle them all.

Life Spring. There are four of these and they are in static locations. They can always been seen and will not appear anywhere else on the game board. they are worth 5 points and do the exact same thing as your 1 free recover attempt (fully restore char and hero HP). If you do not need these DO NOT GET THEM. Your health is also replenished for you before the guardian battle and before each boss battle, so if you find that you\'ve used 20 moves and you still have more than 50% of your life, chances are you\'ll be ok with just the free recover attempt. You don\'t want to waste a move on a 5 point tile unless it\'s Lucky Feet or the only alternative to negative effects/spending a move with no effect (retracing steps).

Lucky Feet. Best tile ever. 5 points. Three possible effects from landing on Lucky Feet. Increase Movement will give you between 1 and 3 extra moves. Extend Vision will throw the fog of war back more than usual and allow you to see more of the game board from where you stand. Your view is returned back to normal as soon as you step off the tile, so make sure you note where things are and PLAN for combos if you spot any. Increase Distance will allow you to move two a total of two tiles instead of just one and will only consume one move. It\'s great for jumping over a Gods Wrath, Destruction Stone;or an already tapped out tile that you want to get across.;

Mystical Trader. 5 or 20 points. you only get the 20 points if you buy his crumby star atlas for gold. Doesn\'t always sell the same thing but I\'ve never wanted any of it. You don\'t want to spend a move for 5 points so avoid him if you can, plan to avoid him if you see him.. you know the drill by now.

Number Conjecture. up to 30 points. You are sometimes given 11 chances, sometimes only 9. Guess the number between 1 and 500. You have an option to autoguess but it costs gold. I guess it\'s important to note that the button which says GUESS is the autoguess function. If you guess the old fashioned way, you will type in a number and hit OK. It will give you a message that reveals that the number is Too High!, Too Low!, or the correct number.;
<b>
</b>
Try to plan a combo with high scoring tiles. If you see one of these adjacent to a Point Change tile, you will want to consider trying your luck at a double point game. If you see it a tile or two away ;from a Time Reversal or Space Exchange tile, you should be thinking about how hitting Number Conjecture first before moving the appropriate number of spaces and landing on TR or SE (10 points for landing and then it\'s effects duplicate the effect previous)...;
These two are much the same. The difference being which effect they replicate when you land on them. Space Exchange will replicate the effect of the tile you landed on before the previous 2 (3 count backwards). Time Reversal replicates the effect of the tile you landed on before the previous one (2 count backwards)
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
<b>
</b>
******** I will be back to finish this.. I need a lunch break >;.
Translate

andy miller_16... Last edit in 2015-1-12 23:54:04

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andy miller_16...
User
Joined 2014-8-1
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-1-12 23:55:00 | Show all posts

wow formatting is horrible ;/ sorry

Translate
Floor reply (0)

andy miller_16... Last edit in 2015-1-12 23:55:00

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andy miller_16...
User
Joined 2014-8-1
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-1-13 01:53:06 | Show all posts

Maze Feature Strategy - Vilnius (S33)
        First, I want to apologize for the pun... sorry, not sorry we all knew it was bound to happen.

It\'s my intention to make this as comprehensive as possible. There may be a small gap or two but i will be back to fill in any relevant information that is left out of the first draft. This is my first KF strategy post, show love or hate, I care not. Let\'s BEGIN! Upon entering the maze feature you\'ll see the following screen.. Please, note my notes .
        The following screen is where you will pick the difficulty level of the floor that you\'ve entered. Normal, Hero, or Abyss can be selected and the recommended Battle Rating and Level is given for each. In my opinion the BR estimates are an extreme overshoot.;

While you can leave the maze in the middle of your attempt, your battle progress within the maze instance is saved.;This means you will not be able to switch out heroes, change formation, deploy a different beast, etc. one the maze instance has started.;Two hours is provided regardless of floor or difficulty selection. Our next stop is the main game screen:
;
You will see three tile effects in front of you at the start. Your first move, however, MUST be to the one in the middle. You cannot get onto a tile that touches corners with the tile you are standing on in one move (unless you are standing on a Lucky Feet Tile and received +1 movement effect.. but more on that later). One move = One step onto an ADJACENT tile. I\'m a bit miffed because my only option starting this maze is Gods Wrath, one of the few tiles that is always bad no matter the situation. Let\'s review the tiles so that you know what you are up against.
God\'s Wrath has one of two effects. It will either reduce your total number of movesor it will become a barrier and block you from passing over the tile (basically forcing youuse up the moves it probably would have just taken away) This is an avoid at all costs;tile. 10 points in exchange for several moves that would have probably been at least;10 points each will never get you a high score. Make note of where these are and PLAN to;have to move around them. Always remember how many moves to get to the guardian

Secret Adventure - This is your bread and butter tile. Point value is 10 - 20 depending;on if you encounter a monster (10) or a trap (20). Monster encounters are basic battles.;Traps are a bit different but not much. You may opt to wait 10 minutes and bypass;battle, you can pay gold to sneak and bypass battle right away, or you can just smash;the monsters that are the same level as the other encounter anyway (as far as I can tell);No matter what you do, you get the 20 points if it\'s a trap. I just battle them all.

Life Spring. There are four of these and they are in static locations. They can always been seen and will not appear anywhere else on the game board. they are worth 5 points and do the exact same thing as your 1 free recover attempt (fully restore char and hero HP). If you do not need these DO NOT GET THEM. Your health is also replenished for you before the guardian battle and before each boss battle, so if you find that you\'ve used 20 moves and you still have more than 50% of your life, chances are you\'ll be ok with just the free recover attempt. You don\'t want to waste a move on a 5 point tile unless it\'s Lucky Feet or the only alternative to negative effects/spending a move with no effect (retracing steps).

Lucky Feet. Best tile ever. 5 points. Three possible effects from landing on Lucky Feet. Increase Movement will give you between 1 and 3 extra moves. Extend Vision will throw the fog of war back more than usual and allow you to see more of the game board from where you stand. Your view is returned back to normal as soon as you step off the tile, so make sure you note where things are and PLAN for combos if you spot any. Increase Distance will allow you to move two a total of two tiles instead of just one and will only consume one move. It\'s great for jumping over a Gods Wrath, Destruction Stone or an already tapped out tile that you want to get across.

Mystical Trader. 5 or 20 points. you only get the 20 points if you buy his crumby star atlas for gold. Doesn\'t always sell the same thing but I\'ve never wanted any of it. You don\'t want to spend a move for 5 points so avoid him if you can, plan to avoid him if you see him.. you know the drill by now.

Number Conjecture. up to 30 points. You are sometimes given 11 chances, sometimes only 9. Guess the number between 1 and 500. You have an option to autoguess but it costs gold. I guess it\'s important to note that the button which says GUESS is the autoguess function. If you guess the old fashioned way, you will type in a number and hit OK. It will give you a message that reveals that the number is Too High!, Too Low!, or the correct number.

Try to plan a combo with high scoring tiles. If you see one of these adjacent to a Point Change tile, you will want to consider trying your luck at a double point game. If you see it a tile or two away ;from a Time Reversal or Space Exchange tile, you should be thinking about how hitting Number Conjecture first before moving the appropriate number of spaces and landing on TR or SE (10 points for landing and then it\'s effects duplicate the effect previous)
;
;
These two are much the same. The difference being which effect they replicate when you land on them. Space Exchange will replicate the effect of the tile you landed on before the previous 2 (3 count backwards). Time Reversal replicates the effect of the tile you landed on before the previous one (2 count backwards)

Delivery Method. 5 point tile which will teleport you to a random location on the board. A move is consumed when you move onto this tile and when you are dropped at the destination. I have used this to my advantage once or twice when I\'d painted myself into a corner but be careful that you will have enough moves to get to the maze guard if this drops you on the opposite end of the board from where you activated it.
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        Wise Challenge. up to 30 points. Score is dependent on the number of correct answers you are able to give. The quiz was 15 questions in length but I believe it may have been shortened to only 5. Be ready for poorly worded questions. If none of the answers seem to be the proper one, select the one with improper spelling or punctuation Star Dust fruit for example. Also some questions and answers are improperly truncated :/ REMEMBER TO COMBO!
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        Maze Treasure - 10 points. This is a treasure draw just like you see at the end of a Hell Dungeon. There are runes for maze exchange but you will not see essence upgrades or ornament chests. Don\'t even bother with this if there is a Secret Adventure or better as an alternative.
        <b>
</b>
        Glorious Power - 5 points. This provides a beneficial effect identical to those you would get from Wizard Spell but applies it to all players who are in the same maze floor and difficulty as you when it\'s activated. I would opt for a higher scoring tile for my move if it\'s an option.
        <b>
</b>
        Destructive Stone - 10 points. This tile effect taps the four tiles that are adjacent to it. Ordinarily, you will have already collected one of those four on the approach but that\'s not always the case (as with Delivery Method tile). Steer clear of these tiles unless you must use it to clear a Gods Wrath from between yourself and the maze guardian and you are without the moves to go around.

Maze Guard. 100 points. Your health is replenished before this battle as well as immediately afterwards prior to boss battle. You must access the only tile adjacent in order to finish the maze and there can be a Gods Wrath waiting for you, be prepared. After the 100 points is added to your score, you will get maze attempt results and will then move on to boss battles and your chance to draw an ornament chest.;
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>So you made it through.. Look at that score! Great Job!!! You must have had some really great help...;
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>
</b>
        <b>If your total score is below 475 you will meet Banshee on the battlefield.
</b>
        If you score 475 or up to 700 you will meet Banshee and Devil
        If you score 700 or up to 825 you will meet Banshee, Devil and Canine
        If you score 825 or above you will meet Banshee, Devil, Canine and ?????

REMEMBER to score your best use Lucky Feet effects to scout or maneuver your character the number of spaces needed behind Time Reversal or Space Exchange to trigger it with the best results.. Here\'s a screenie of me thinkin about stuff;
        ;
        if the duplicated effect is the one before the previous two, I would want to move into the Lucky Feet position by jumping the Gods Wrath (in this picture I had triggered the +1 move distance effect);and hope to score extra moves, then move towards the Time Reversal (or Space Exchange, I forget which icon is which) If I reach it on the 3rd move, which by the looks of it, I can. I\'ll get the 10 points for the tile it sits on, the 5 points from the Lucky Feet I\'ve already claimed AND gain more moves, again.;

You can also sort of see the route I took from the start of the maze in this picture. I like to run down the sides, one across and one up, until I get near the point. You don\'t want to move into the very end tile because, unless it\'s a Delivery Method tile, you have to walk over tapped tiles to get back out. I then follow back up towards the starting point, walking over new tiles that score well and avoiding the Gods Wrath and low scoring pitfalls.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS KNOW THE NUMBER OF MOVES TO GET TO THE MAZE GUARD.. AND THEN ADD 4 JUST TO BE SAFE. WHEN YOU APPROACH THE GUARD AND CAN SEE THE EFFECTS OF THE TILES IN THE BOTTLENECK LEADING TO HIM, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE HOW BEST TO USE AS MANY OF YOUR REMAINING MOVES AS POSSIBLE... it\'s ideal to use the final move to place yourself on Maze Guardian.
        <b>
</b>
        Thanks to Appollyon, Deathblow, Yankees, EOD and all my good friends on S33 in and out of Deathsbane.. the information here comes largely from our trials and our errors.;
        <b>
</b>
        *fist bump
        <b>
</b>
        Vilnius - Medusa S33
Translate
Floor reply (0)

andy miller_16... Last edit in 2015-1-13 01:53:06

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
andy miller_16...
User
Joined 2014-8-1
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-1-13 01:56:36 | Show all posts

omg.. what a mess.. I need a cleanup on Aisle 12
Translate
Floor reply (0)

andy miller_16... Last edit in 2015-1-13 01:56:36

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-19 19:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080898 second(s), 40 queries .