North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website Knights Fable Strategy
933 Threads / 3561 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 1010| Reply: 4

Be Master of Strategy: General guide on how to get a remarkable rating

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
masterbaiter
User
Joined 2014-12-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-13 00:10:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
Be Master of Strategy: General guide on how to g Reply:4| View:1010

Hi guys, in this thread I\'m gonna be teaching you on how to get at least 700 points and above in Maze. Maze, as we all know, is luck-based but you can actually score a remarkable rating pretty consistently.;
        It is possible to score 825 points for the legendary rating without using any gold, but I consider the occurrence to be an outlier event. I\'ll only discuss what is achievable on a day-to-day basis.

This thread is dedicated to the players who are new to maze, so please excuse me if the guide seems rudimentary . There a lot of old timers in these forums and I admit that I\'m a new player, so constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
        I\'m going to give you a brief rundown of the events that you will encounter in Maze. I will be rating them from a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being the most desirable). I will also be giving my comments on them.
        Every instance of maze is going to be different, so this is the most efficient method of teaching IMO.

Events:

Undesirable events:

Comments:You get 45 moves and you need to score at least 600 points before defeating the maze boss to get a remarkable rating. If you do the math (600/44), every move needs to have a value of 13.63. We\'re going to round that off and call it 14.
        This event can REALLY mess up your run if you get something like Moves -3. Ouch! Save your skip, in case you encounter God\'s wrath on the final tile before maze boss. Avoid this one unless you\'re masochistic...
        Rating: 1/5 - Highly undesirable

Comments:Activating this event destroys 4 adjacent tiles (doesn\'t include diagonal ones), and since your character can only move in those directions it basically guarantees one wasted move to an empty tile. You get 10 points for activating it, but you should really think of it as two 5 point tiles (10/2). It can potentially be useful for destroying undesirable events though.;Same as last, avoid if you can.
        Rating: 2/5 - Undesirable

Comments:You want to be careful and deliberate in using your moves. Teleport just brings so much chaos into the equation. You don\'t want to be teleported right into God\'s Wrath or back into the starting zone do ya?
        Rating: 1/5 - Highly undesirable
        Neutral events:

Comments:This event only gives you 5 points, but it does gives you a buff. Pretty useless if you ask me. The recommended BR and level shown in Maze is the BARE minimum that you need in order to pass the maze. IMO, only challenge a maze if you\'re able to complete it using Recover/Recover hp tile 1-2 times WITHOUT any buffs.
        Rating: 2.25/5 - Neutral

Comments:I think everybody just cancels this challenge and get 5 points because the items are subpar considering the cost. But then again some people out there might not be lowly plebs like us.
Rating: 2.5/5 - Neutral

Comments: Good ol\' health potions. Gives 5 points, heals you and your party to full health. Refer to above. Since it gives you so few points, only activate once you have less than 50% hp to maximize it. It\'s best if you only rely on the Recover ability that you\'re given for free in maze.
        Rating: 2.5/5 - Neutral

Desirable events:

Comments: The thing about wise challenge is that you can exit the window/maze and then check it on google or in-game. The pool of questions is fairly small so after you\'ve done it a few times, it\'s basically guaranteed 30 points.
        Rating: 5/5 - Highly desirable

Comments: It\'s useful depending on the circumstance, for example if there\'s a wise challenge just beyond a God\'s wrath tile and you got increase distance buff; or if you\'re feeling lucky (moves+3) and trying to go for legendary;etc.... Highly circumstantial. Honestly I prefer a secret challenge over this, because I\'m just playing safe and aiming for remarkable.
        Rating: 3.75/5 - Desirable

Comments:On average, I get about 15 points on this challenge. For the newer guys I\'ll delve deeper into this event. Let\'s have an example
        Rating:4.5/5 - Desirable

The number that we\'re guessing is between the range of 0-500, we start in the middle.

Since 250 was less than the correct answer, the range is now between 250 and 500 so (250+500)/2 = 375.

By now I\'m pretty sure you\'ve gotten the basic idea, so I\'m just gonna skip a few guesses.

It\'s definitely cumbersome, but then again you don\'t always have to do it by the book so long as it\'s around the ballpark figure

Comments: This your bread and butter. If there are no other higher rating events within sight just keep doing these events. Maze minion/Carcass give you 20 points while Chief gives you 10 points. The spawn is determined randomly though.
        Rating: 4.5/5 - Highly desirable

Comments:I\'m giving this a high rating because this event is basically a two-in-one. It gives you 10 points just for activating it and then it reactivates the previous event without costing you any move points. Imagine if the event was a wise challenge, 40 points in total;how awesome is that?
        Rating: 4.75/5 - Highly desirable
        ]

Comments:It\'s basically the same event as time reversal, except for some minute details.
Rating: 4.75/5 - Highly desirable

Comments:The maze treasure is meh-ish to be honest, it\'s only desirable because this gives you 10 points without side effects.
        Rating: 3.5/5 - Somewhat desirable

Comments:Same line of thought as maze treasure, minus .25 points because of the debuff.
        Rating: 3.25/5 - Somewhat desirable

Comments:Time to do some basic math. Let\'s assume that point change is followed by a secret adventure. There are four possible outcomes:
First: Lose half points*Chief = 15 pts(point change pts are included).
Second: Lose half points*Maze Minion/Carcass = 20 pts.
Third: 2x points*Chief = 30 pts.
Fourth: 2x point*Maze Minion/Carcass = 50 pts.
If we averaged those four numbers, we\'re gonna get an average value of 28.75 pts for two moves. Now i\'m obviously assuming that there\'s an equal chance for 2x/0.5x pts and chief/maze minion to spawn. If my assumption is correct point change is worth it. I gave it a lower rating than the other events because of its volatility. Some people don\'t like gambling its okay.
Take note that the maze boss gives 100 pts, point change works on that guy.
Rating: 4.60/5 - Highly desirable

Afterwords:
        When you\'re doing maze, don\'t beeline for the maze boss. This sounds wrong, but you should drag your heels through the maze if you know what I mean. You should plan things out beforehand when you only have 15+ moves left on how you\'re going to approach the maze boss. This way you maximize your move points and make sure you don\'t make the error of being off by one. Been there done that btw.;

Take care and have fun everybody. Thanks for taking the time to read my first guide. Please critique my post, I appreciate it .

IGN: masterbaiter
        Server: S196

edit:

UPDATE:
Knight Fable v 3.7.2 was just released yesterday. The difficulty of the maze has been corrected, apparently it was set to an easier difficulty than what was originally intended.

Most of the content is still valid, since the guide consists mainly of tile analysis.

In this new version the recommended BR hasn\'t been modified yet, so as a general rule of thumb if your BR qualifies for a certain maze difficulty go one level (or more) BELOW it.
This is assuming that you want to beat the Canine boss.

For example my BR is 480k;
I\'m going to enter Hero level even though the game recommends abyss difficulty. This is the BR of the canine boss in Hero difficulty.

I managed to defeat him when I clicked on him again, because it\'s a close defeat.

Translate

masterbaiter Last edit in 2015-1-13 00:10:28

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
john jeffries
User
Joined 2014-9-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-1-15 16:23:06 | Show all posts

Thanks for the tile analysis MB.

Following this advice pretty much guarantees a 700+ rating (barring super bad luck like have 4 barriers in the first 4 tiles ... -8 move to start,;not my best day).

As for legendary ... the only way I can see it is to get the double on the maze guardian or just be insanely lucky on overall tile placement.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

john jeffries Last edit in 2015-1-15 16:23:06

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
masterbaiter
User
Joined 2014-12-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-1-17 09:41:42 | Show all posts

Reply 1# john jeffries

Appreciate the feedback john. I agree getting legendary is really dependent on luck. In that instance when I got legendary I recall about 80-90% of the Secret Adventures gave me 20 points.;

Translate
Floor reply (0)

masterbaiter Last edit in 2015-1-17 09:41:42

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
masterbaiter
User
Joined 2014-12-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-1-17 11:00:01 | Show all posts

post deleted
Translate
Floor reply (0)

masterbaiter Last edit in 2015-1-17 11:00:01

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2020-1-29 19:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083902 second(s), 40 queries .