North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Strategy
1849 Threads / 13232 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 2961| Reply: 4

Winning Zodiac, the cheap way

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
brijmohan3
User
Joined 2014-2-10
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-3-1 00:54:14 | Show all posts |Read mode
Winning Zodiac, the cheap way Reply:4| View:2961

IGN: brijmohan
        Server: MoonTemple S30 - PST

There are a few tips and tricks one must realise before tackling zodiac... by far and a way the most challenging PVE aspect of League of Angels I have seen thus far. I will go through a few of these, and you can decide what order to rank them in.

But first, a little about me:

I have NOT spent any real life money on this game, possibly part of the majority however... whilst I would not be ranked as amongst the best on my server, or across cross servers, I do believe I have fairly good strategies, which I have shared with my guildies at times. So this guide, isn\'t a for sure 100% way to beat zodiac... but when you\'re close, yet far from defeating a set of monsters... it is possibly the best method to utilise to push your character and heroes that extra little bit.

First and foremost... it is vital you have a test run before anything, see how you do and what sort of attacks the monsters use. Thus far I have yet to see any MATK monsters in zodiac so that tells me, my MDEF gems are completely useless in zodiac. If you never manage to hit the monsters, then that should tell you that you do not have enough hit points (counters dodge)... so basically, this test run you should pay attention in order to observe and note what you lack, or have an advantage over. You may well find yourself critting every single time, in which case you should be thinking \'I have enough attack power... but they kill me too quickly\'. You get the idea.

From the test run there are a few things you should do now to maximise your chances and pushing those boundaries in zodiac. Now to go through these:

1) Exchange your gems. Exchange costs gold, I agree... and over time it builds up, however it is possibly the BEST thing in forge for you when wanting to defeat zodiac... just head on over to forge and switch your MDEF gems to PDEF (or vice versa if the monsters are mages... which like I mentioned above, are yet to be seen by me). This is the number one thing you should do - make sure EVERY equip you have has the corresponding defence based on the monsters.

2) Switch your gems. For those MDEF gems that you can\'t exchange for PDEF (maybe due to a lack of gold, or more likely, the inability to equip two gems of the same type on one equipment), switch out your MDEF gems and replace it with hit, dodge, end and crit (I personally rank them in this order with hit and dodge joint first... I do not rank block highly as I believe dodge >> block for obvious reasons of -100% damage compared to -50%). This will help you utilise those gem sockets for zodiac even more... sure you may have a lvl5 MDEF gem, and only a lvl 2 dodge... causing the switch to lead to a major decrease in BR... however you must remember that BR is NOT the be all and end all. At the end of the day, your BR is nothing in zodiac if you have maximum MDEF, no PDEF or dodge/hit/end/crit... whilst the monsters you are fighting have pure PATK...

3) Check how useful your aegis skill is. I find that cancer is the best aegis in zodiac battles, why? Well a lot of the earlier aegis skills are not very effective since your attack will not increase by a large amount... and even then, the likelihood of a key hero/character on your team/their team receiving this buff/debuff is low. Sure it is great if somehow, every member of the opponents team has reduced def... however, even if you have a hero that can attack all the monsters, this will be 1 hit per round at most... not very effective. However, being able to daze even one of the monsters means your heroes and your main character will receive less damage for 2 rounds... which has been a critical point in my zodiac battles thus far... contributing to my success on at least two occasions. Just imagine 3 opponents being dazed... much less damage for 2 rounds, vs a possible dead hero adding damage for you instead of just being a sitting duck, waiting to die.

4) Organise your party. A lot of angels provide amazing party buffs via the halo... USE THEM! If you are a mage, there is no point in placing your character in the PATK slot which could be used by one of your PATK based heroes. Vice versa for warriors and MATK. I personally think, if you have a healer on your team (which I would highly recommend using), provide your healer the highest attack possible... ie place your mermaid or dji in the MATK slot. Yes your main character is likely to have the most attack, but that is WHY your main character does not need this extra attack boost. There is something your main character could do with a lot more provided the option is available... that is... agility. The ability to hit first, quicker, and more often... more useful for your highest hitter than any other piece at your disposal. What is the use of your 5k hitting hero receiving this agility, if your main character does 50k? Why would one opt for 3 hits of 5k, over 3 hits of 50k? One wouldn\'t, so get that boadicea and give your main character that agility boost. For those not willing to or not able to, just think about how to organise your party effectively. You want your main hitters and healers to get the maximum attack boost... whilst your tankers the main defence boost. Just yesterday I advised a guildy to switch places between her healer and herself, and her striker and tank... and she beat virgo by just  simple things like this (along with the above points). It may not seem important, but it really does help to push your limits that extra little bit.

Now a lot of people might frown upon me for this. Neg me, Pos me, at the end of the day it is my opinion and advise... not set in stone. Here it is:
        5) Tank or strike. Maximise your MAIN tank\'s hp, def, dodge and end even at the cost of his/her attack ability. If your main tank can survive several blows from the opponent despite only doing 1k damage... he/she is a tank sent from heaven! The main job of a tank is not to provide high dps... whilst this is a major bonus, and I would encourage adding attack gems if this hero has maximised all his/her defence abilities in gems... I would not provide him/her with attack if it meant the hero lost some defence abilities. The job of your back row is to provide the high dps/attack, if you have a healer then to heal the tanks/anyone else getting hit. Whilst the job of the front row is to try and survive to support the back row in their striking. UTILISE THIS! I know tanks will die eventually... maybe even after the first few rounds... but by then, it is likely that the number of opponents will have reduced too... and soon, your angel will also dig a hole on ALL of the enemies which will help your run MAJORLY. One tank dying is better than 2 strikers dying...

6) Guardian Angels. A few weeks into the game I found the option to add guardian angels, I myself did not believe there was much point in improving the other angels levels whilst it was possible to increase my main angel\'s level quite easily. When you get to the stage that your main angel does not level very quickly (I found this at around level 40 on Boadicea) start using your angel tears and free bonds on the next best angel you have... and set this up with your main character... it will help improve stats, without wasting \'gold\' so to speak... possibly the next best thing to enhancing and adding gems to your equipments. You could of course add guardian angels to your heroes too, which I would also recommend, however I would personally say to concentrate first on getting your main character\'s guardian to a decent level before working on your other heroes (recommended order - next best striker, next best tank, healer, then others).

7) Lastly keep trying. It is always a pain to see yourself die time and time again when you are SO close to completing the challenge. But like in real life, you have to keep trying harder each time... you have to be determined to do better each time... you must do the same in zodiac. You may find the next run you do worse than before... but that is expected at times... a lot of the \'close calls\' are thanks to your angel and aegis skills activating at the right time... but you will never get that PERFECT run where you crit the monsters every time, your aegis activates every time, you dodge the monsters attacks every time... and do NOT expect this... but instead, expect your best and closest run to this perfection, to be your ticket to victory!

Thank you for reading through this and... GOOD LUCK!

Translate

brijmohan3 Last edit in 2014-3-1 00:54:14

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
bezinque
User
Joined 2014-2-10
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-3-2 14:31:21 | Show all posts

i\'ll have to try some of that. Thanks

Translate
Floor reply (0)

bezinque Last edit in 2014-3-2 14:31:21

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
beoralf
User
Joined 2014-1-20
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2014-3-14 06:23:34 | Show all posts

thank-you for taking the time to put all that down. well done , clear & understandable .
Translate
Floor reply (0)

beoralf Last edit in 2014-3-14 06:23:34

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sirena33774
User
Joined 2014-2-3
Last Visited 2020-12-11
Post time 2014-3-15 11:52:55 | Show all posts

I loved your suggestions!  They were clear and useful. Thanks for taking the time to write your guide!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

sirena33774 Last edit in 2014-3-15 11:52:55

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-4-11 20:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050811 second(s), 40 queries .