North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 305| Reply: 5

Sharing IP Address Can Someone Explain when i Own 3 different Computers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
magistraeeee
User
Joined 2015-2-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-6-9 03:17:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Sharing IP Address Can Someone Explain when i Ow Reply:5| View:305
        Hello i own a Desk top Computer, and 2 Laptop ,each one should have there Own IP address,but cause they use the same wireless router to connect to the internet, seems they share the same Ip address.I then went to my 3 of my Neighbors, and checked there Ip,and the same address came up, cause they where on the same router.So thats 2 desktop and 4 laptops that belong to 5 different people that all share the same Ip Address.
        My Question is, cause i semi google it.is to Flandre and the Computers geeks out there is, how can i make it so each Device has there own Ip address if they use the same wireless router ?
Translate

magistraeeee Last edit in 2015-6-9 03:17:38

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nightwing,
User
Joined 2014-10-21
Last Visited 2016-11-05
Post time 2015-6-9 03:28:23 | Show all posts

yeah i have a dell destop;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

nightwing, Last edit in 2015-6-9 03:28:23

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
magistraeeee
User
Joined 2015-2-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-6-9 17:31:18 | Show all posts

6/9/2015 bump
        I have Google this question,but maybe Flandre or any Mod or Jelly can ask the Devs themselves.or if any player knows a different answer from what google tell me would be great.
        2 desktop,4 laptops,5 different people,on the same wireless router have the same Ip address,each device should have there own unique ip address but dont..How can i make it so each one has there own ip, if they continue to use the same wireless router?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

magistraeeee Last edit in 2015-6-9 17:31:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
flandre
Joined 2015-3-15
Last Visited 2018-11-23
Post time 2015-6-10 03:03:32 | Show all posts

You can check by running cmd.exe command and do ipconfig.

There you will see the ip of each device that is connected from your router.
        External IP may be the same but the True ip is different for each device.

I will give you an example
        My network gateway Not true ofc Might be 188.66.1.0 each other device of it connected to the same network wi-fi will have there own unique ip. For example my ip on this case might be... 188.66.1.54 Ipv4 and the other devices might have a slight different ip such as 188.66.1.251 ofc this is example.
        Now we using the IPv4 system so our devices are recognized by that. So its device has its own unique ip that is connected to your wireless network.
        If you own a static ip then you ip will remain the same all the time, but most case scenario you will have a dynamic ip which can be altered any time you switch off modem , restart modem etc.
        Threw DHCP which is used from your ISP Internet service provider  each machine will obtain its own unique IP so you have nothing to be afraid off.

Hope this helps and i tried to keep it as much simple as i could.

Edit:
        To make things even more simply...
        A) If you want to know your external IP address then simple visit a site such as Whatsmyip.com/org etc.
        B) If you want to check your unique ip address for your devices then you can follow this information here.
        http://www.howtogeek.com/117371/ ... ublic-ip-addresses/
        Its a website that can guide you to see your privatetrue ip and public ip  external ip.
        If you are too lazy
        Start menu> run program> cmd or find cmd.exe >type ipconfig and find the IPv4.

Have a good day.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

flandre Last edit in 2015-6-10 03:03:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
magistraeeee
User
Joined 2015-2-11
Last Visited 2015-10-28
 Author| Post time 2015-6-11 00:10:59 | Show all posts

Thank u for taking the time to respond.But what u said didnt work, on desk top, i log into game, go to my account and see the same ip address as on my lap top.whats even more funny is, i have my router which is a Belkin router and my friend has a Net gear router and no matter which router i use i have the same Ip on all my devices.
        Im trying to get this problem solve,so if or when i ever get accused of having more then 2 alts, this ip sharing thing wont be a issue
Translate
Floor reply (0)

magistraeeee Last edit in 2015-6-11 00:10:59

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2019-10-17 19:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054695 second(s), 42 queries .