North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
Website League of Angels Strategy
1818 Threads / 13084 Reply
Search   Favorites  

View: 2564| Reply: 9

How to Counter an Infinite Rage Build (or IRB)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
4ccf67bb
User
Joined 2014-7-12
Last Visited 2019-10-01
Post time 2015-6-24 09:49:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
How to Counter an Infinite Rage Build (or IRB) Reply:9| View:2564
        Ok, now that the secret is out there and everyone is starting to have their setups like an infinite rage build, it\'s time we threw something out there: How in the world are we going to counter this onslaught of endless rage and thus insane amounts of skills? Here is the answer:

1. Build as a Warrior
        One way to counter an IRB onslaught is to have your character be a warrior. Why? Well this all revolves around the Dragon Skill for warriors, Beserker and Paladin. One of the dragon skills says that if an enemy dodges or blocks you with a basic attack, 25 points of their rage depletes. If you get this skill to 100% then have a large amount of dodge OR block, then you have your first way to counter an infinite rage build.
        2. Anti-Rage Totem: the Spiritsoul Totem
        This is another way to get help to defend against an IRB even if you aren\'t a warrior and don\'t have the luxury of having a rage-depleting Dragon Skill. The Spiritsoul Totem\'s description is that it basically steals;some of the enemy\'s rage (a whole line, no less!) and increases your rage (once again, a whole line!). The more powerful the totem, the more points stolen and the more rounds that this theft of rage can go on. In essence, the enemy\'s IRB could become worthless ESPECIALLY if you design your totem to focus on the enemy\'s Astral Child, Nereida, or other rage-builder.
        3. Aegis Powers are Murderous
        There are three aegis skills that might help deal with an IRB... I say might, because you have to deal with the fact that your aegis skill won\'t activate 100% of the time. These skills are:
        Gemini: Depletes -25 rage from a random enemy;character
        Cancer: Stuns a random enemy character (if this hits one of the rage-builders, it helps hold off on the rage build)
        Capricorn: Stuns an enemy angel (useful if the enemy is using Scorpio, this holds off on that skill usage)
        If you use these and they become effective and possibly activate after successive turns, there\'s another massacre of IRB\'ers in the making
        4. The Skills are the Killers
        There are a few skills that deplete rage, and with the Awaken ability you have those at your fingertips. Eviscerate (Blood Baroness\'s skill) depletes rage based upon its level; using this may not be effective if the enemy has a shield of some sort, but at least you\'ll take some of that rage even IF they have Aquarius. Any skill that results in a stun (Arcane Lightning, Firestorm, Arcane Vortex, et cetera) can also prevent a massive assault of IRB hell.

This is my guide for helping defend against an Infinite Rage Build. If you have any suggestions for your own defenses, or have questions regarding my guide, let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading this!
Translate

4ccf67bb Last edit in 2015-6-24 09:49:53

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
яє∂ѕнιfт...
User
Joined 2014-6-5
Last Visited 2018-08-12
Post time 2015-6-24 12:35:56 | Show all posts

you can use antirage and infinite rage at the same time, that\'s what I do
Translate
Floor reply (0)

яє∂ѕнιfт... Last edit in 2015-6-24 12:35:56

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sonofodin
User
Joined 2015-1-26
Last Visited 2018-03-14
Post time 2015-6-24 18:29:18 | Show all posts

and my 150%+ party stun works perfectly
Translate
Floor reply (0)

sonofodin Last edit in 2015-6-24 18:29:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
4ccf67bb
User
Joined 2014-7-12
Last Visited 2019-10-01
 Author| Post time 2015-6-25 10:20:15 | Show all posts

I might want to point out that I made at least one mistake. On the warrior, you only lose 10 points of rage for every dodge/block. My mistake
Translate
Floor reply (0)

4ccf67bb Last edit in 2015-6-25 10:20:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
fartnugget
User
Joined 2014-8-21
Last Visited 2018-12-20
Post time 2015-6-27 13:31:15 | Show all posts

;;;;                        Ok, now that the secret is out there and everyone is starting to have their setups like an infinite rage build, it\'s time we threw something out there: How in the world are we going to counter this onslaught of endless rage and thus insane amounts of skills? Here is the answer:       

1. Build as a Warrior       
                        One way to counter an IRB onslaught is to have your character be a warrior. Why? Well this all revolves around the Dragon Skill for warriors, Beserker and Paladin. One of the dragon skills says that if an enemy dodges or blocks you with a basic attack, 25 points of their rage depletes. If you get this skill to 100% then have a large amount of dodge OR block, then you have your first way to counter an infinite rage build.       
                        2. Anti-Rage Totem: the Spiritsoul Totem       
                        This is another way to get help to defend against an IRB even if you aren\'t a warrior and don\'t have the luxury of having a rage-depleting Dragon Skill. The Spiritsoul Totem\'s description is that it basically steals;some of the enemy\'s rage (a whole line, no less!) and increases your rage (once again, a whole line!). The more powerful the totem, the more points stolen and the more rounds that this theft of rage can go on. In essence, the enemy\'s IRB could become worthless ESPECIALLY if you design your totem to focus on the enemy\'s Astral Child, Nereida, or other rage-builder.       
                        3. Aegis Powers are Murderous       
                        There are three aegis skills that might help deal with an IRB... I say might, because you have to deal with the fact that your aegis skill won\'t activate 100% of the time. These skills are:       
                        Gemini: Depletes -25 rage from a random enemy;character       
                        Cancer: Stuns a random enemy character (if this hits one of the rage-builders, it helps hold off on the rage build)       
                        Capricorn: Stuns an enemy angel (useful if the enemy is using Scorpio, this holds off on that skill usage)       
                        If you use these and they become effective and possibly activate after successive turns, there\'s another massacre of IRB\'ers in the making       
                        4. The Skills are the Killers       
                        There are a few skills that deplete rage, and with the Awaken ability you have those at your fingertips. Eviscerate (Blood Baroness\'s skill) depletes rage based upon its level; using this may not be effective if the enemy has a shield of some sort, but at least you\'ll take some of that rage even IF they have Aquarius. Any skill that results in a stun (Arcane Lightning, Firestorm, Arcane Vortex, et cetera) can also prevent a massive assault of IRB hell.       

This is my guide for helping defend against an Infinite Rage Build. If you have any suggestions for your own defenses, or have questions regarding my guide, let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading this!        
;;; 4ccf67bb@opayq.com posted on 2015-06-23 20:49:53;;;;

I feel like you haven\'t really given much thought to countering an IRB build with this guide.
        Firstly, I\'d like to address your claims that building as a warrior help with this. That is most likely the worst advice you could give to any player as the warrior class have the worst DS skills in the game. Not to mention that they do poorly for events like WB due to this, with the exception of Beserkers who have an ignore def finishing skill. Using their rage drain skill, which is entirely dependent on having superior dodge, basically renders any strategy ineffective against any class. If you have enough dodge to evade every attack, you\'ll win the battle regardless of whether your opponent has an IRB setup or not. Also the amount of rage that the skill drains is basically useless. An IRB can easily give over 100 rage for players.;

Secondly your claim about using a totem like SS is also just not relevant for most instances.;Once an opponent has IRB going it makes little to no difference having a totem like this. There are a number of reasons for this. Firstly, your opponent can just counter you by using the same totem, if they do then the amount of rage stolen amounts to 0, secondly, they can just re-position their party after they watch the log of you attacking them to counter you draining rage from their rage builder. Lastly, as I have mentioned before most IRB\'s give over 100 rage, draining around 25 rage from them isn\'t going to help in most instances since most players will be using rage moves that require less rage to activate.;

Thirdly, your usage of an aegis skill. These skills should aid your party in battle by boosting your party\'s effectiveness against them not by trying to counter a setup they have. You counter IRB by hero selection, skill selection and party placement, utilizing the angel halo to it\'s fullest potential. Those aside from working on basic attributes like AGI for your main etc are what help against builds like that. An IRB setup can just as easily recover using Pisces as a counter against all of your suggestions. Also, IRB usually relies on having 2 rage builders. I say usually because you don\'t need Nerida and LE/MOD/AH/DH/ to trigger an infinite loop for it. Most players however utilize two rage builders and many also don\'t line them up behind the other in case of column or row attacks, thus they usually still have one active builder if one is removed allowing for faster rage building regardless.;

Utilizing skills as counters is something that you can do however and something that you\'ve mentioned. This is most likely the most important aspect of dealing with an IRB setup. They allow for good rage reduction, taunts, and stuns. This is essentially where you do most of your IRB dismantling. Your skill combo\'s are predominantly what allow you to counter an IRB. These combined with hero selection and party placement as I\'ve mentioned before. Aegis skills are useful but not the rage drain types. Aquarius for instance helps with absorbing a rage attack and allows for your party to counter by prolonging their ability to battle. Aegis skills should generally be used to buff your party, save for a few that actually deal useful debuffs like Capricorn or Sagittarius which causes them to lose turns of attack.;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

fartnugget Last edit in 2015-6-27 13:31:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
4ccf67bb
User
Joined 2014-7-12
Last Visited 2019-10-01
 Author| Post time 2015-6-28 00:39:43 | Show all posts

Reply 4# fartnugget
Thank you for this. Allow me to explain myself for the reasons you have expressed.

With an Infinite Rage Build setup, the enemy PRIMARILY focuses on skills that deal with rage (i.e. Dragon Fury), so every little bit counts. In the case of building as a warrior, if your goal is to counter an IRB then every little bit counts. With the dragon skill of losing 10 rage points per dodge/block, mounted with everything else, it\'s sending the enemy on a downward spiral of losing rage points. In fact, I\'ve found a couple IRBs as a Paladin in the Eternal Spire, and the way I counter is with my three characters: my main (with the 70% chance to remove 10 points of rage), Godless Wolf, and Nereida.

Secondly, you mentioned that someone could counter with the same SS totem and thus negate the power of the totem\'s skill. Well, there are two reasons I even mentioned the SS totem in the first place. 1) The totem is extremely hard to get, not to mention as a higher-class totem it takes longer to level and even LONGER to evolve. I know this first-hand. 2) Even if the enemy has an SS totem and an IRB setup, you need to take in a tactic from Sun Tzu\'s The Art of War- Be where the enemy isn\'t. If they have an SS in the middle, throw one on the top! If they have an SS on the top, throw it on the bottom! To counter an IRB you have to be where they aren\'t.

My third concept regarding Aegis skills. I may have overrated the Aegis skills, which I am willing to admit. There are a few Aegis skills, however, which in turn could cause the enemy to recoil and at least pause the IRB. These are Cancer, Capricorn, and Saggitarius. Cancer is effective, as I said before, in stopping an enemy outright for two turns. Some rage-builder heroes can counter stun from, say, Idun\'s Ring, but CANNOT resist stun from a Cancer. Capricorn does the same to an Angel, which could prevent the obvious rage-builder Scorpio from being effective even for a short time. And then the ever-friendly (and one that I personally use) Saggitarius. The Saggitarius is a capable weapon mainly because if it hits the main hero, and if the main hero is strong, he could wipe out his own team within said two turns.

I thank you for taking the time in order to respond to this. I admit I didn\'t spend AS MUCH time as I thought I did, but I did take time in order to respond to your comments and explain what I was thinking at that time. I hope this helps clarify!
Translate
Floor reply (0)

4ccf67bb Last edit in 2015-6-28 00:39:43

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
яє∂ѕнιfт...
User
Joined 2014-6-5
Last Visited 2018-08-12
Post time 2015-6-28 07:51:54 | Show all posts

;;;;                        If they have an SS in the middle, throw one on the top! If they have an SS on the top, throw it on the bottom! To counter an IRB you have to be where they aren\'t.       

;;; 4ccf67bb@opayq.com posted on 2015-06-27 11:39:43;;;;

if they have ss totem on mod and you put your ss totem anywhere else it\'s 90% worthlesswithout them taking any other counter measures.

2) in order to break irb you must get rage away from rage prosucing heroes, for a warrior rage bebuff to work, you need to dodge an attack from a rage producing hero, in which case you much have laready broke irb.

3) all you have to do is run pisces blessing and a gold ss totem and 40% of the time opposing mod can\'t cast skill in round 1, automatic irb break, game set match. ;

4) if they counter 3 with horn of prosparity, you can lead off with galaxy ring, then they have to choose stunned main or no irb in round 1, you win again.

everything else is pretty much pointless. ;Though I do use eviscerate as my main\'s finisher it\'s mostly for a lucky strike on 50 rage required heroes after opposing mod casts skill
Translate
Floor reply (0)

яє∂ѕнιfт... Last edit in 2015-6-28 07:51:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
4ccf67bb
User
Joined 2014-7-12
Last Visited 2019-10-01
 Author| Post time 2015-6-30 04:47:36 | Show all posts

Reply 6# яє∂ѕнιfт
First of all, what I was trying to say when I was referring to Sun Tzu\'s Art of War is referring to be where the enemy isn\'t. Take for example this setup:
        Nereida
        Light Envoy; Main;;;;; SS Totem
        Astral Hunter

In order to counter this you have to go against the enemy with the following options:
        1) Be where the enemy isn\'t. If you have a gold SS totem, place it against either the Nereida or Astral Hunter above. This way you\'re cutting off one source of power.
        2) Stunning is a key way to break an IRB. Pisces won\'t be useful if the enemy strikes you before you have a chance to use it and they kill you before you can apply that. Recently I got into a matchup with the IRB setup above. My counter: Arcane Lightning >; Arcane Vortex >; Eviscerate. Two stunners and a rage depleter, and with high hit (mine\'s 17k) you can easily deplete an enemy IRB if they don\'t have the chance to strike.
        3) The IRB\'ers tend to move towards the back row and use their main and maybe a HS (Heavy Striker) to tank the damage. Arcane Lightning and Abyssal Gaze are useful when countering this, though Abyssal Gaze won\'t be as effective as Arcane Lightning.
        4) Use your remaining slots with heavy hitters, ESPECIALLY ones that hit the back row. ES and GW are perfect for this.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

4ccf67bb Last edit in 2015-6-30 04:47:36

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
яє∂ѕнιfт...
User
Joined 2014-6-5
Last Visited 2018-08-12
Post time 2015-6-30 10:28:27 | Show all posts

I don\'t know who you are but you\'re really bad at this.

Astral hunter doesn\'t need rage

putting ss totem on nerei will not stop her from casting 50% of the time and defintely won\'t stop casting in round 1

I\'m top 10 in my cs com and I use my mod as my primary tank and keep nerei in front row, you can\'t stop that;

Heavy hitters mean little when they are dead or rageless

Your tips are bad and getting worse especially since you don\'t even seem to know who I am
Translate
Floor reply (0)

яє∂ѕнιfт... Last edit in 2015-6-30 10:28:27

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2019-10-16 23:24 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.100666 second(s), 50 queries .