North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 2001| Reply: 8

Question regarding stuns

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
phoenixessence
User
Joined 2014-8-17
Last Visited 2017-03-16
Post time 2015-7-17 10:25:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
Question regarding stuns Reply:8| View:2001
        Ok so my topic might seem a bit weird, but I really want to understand a few things regarding how stuns work.; See the problem is that I seem to spend most of my PVP fights stunned.; Other people on my server have been joking that I spend more time stunned than un-stunned in any fight I\'m in.; I\'m not sure how to fix the problem, but in most fights I watch I get stunned more than the other team ever seems too, I mean the gap is HUGE.; For example if the other team has people stunned 2/10 rounds in a fight, I\'m stunned 5-7 rounds.; Most people\'s first instinct is to say maybe they have more ways to stun, but I can tell you that\'s not true most of them on my server;aren\'t even using the old school heroic ring anymore they are using the new one to proc extra shots.; So below I\'ve listed my observations and questions.

1) When elemental training came out, I noticed that one of the possible combo bonuses gave a 40% reduced stun chance.; I understand that it doesn\'t mean -40%, which would mean a ring would never stun me, it means reduced by a factor of 40%, which for a 24% ring would be 14.4% chance to stun.; The thing is, I have yet to notice a difference, I still spend a vast majority of my time stunned.; is the tooltip wrong or is it possible that the 40% calculates differently than I think?
        2);I get stunned even when I dodge a shot.; I understand that some stun abilities are secondary, like the wolf hero\'s ability to stun the front row, I\'m talking about a normal stand shot, not a rage move or a secondary proc.; Why would this happen?
        3) this actually involves awakened skills and how they do/don\'t stun.; Arcane Lightning and Thunderstorm as examples both state Decreases the targets ATK by 36% with a 22% chance to stun for 2 turns.; To me that means it should be stunning who it hits, but it doesn\'t it stuns whoever your target would be if you hit the front row.; I\'d be ok with this, except the ATK debuff applies to the back row, and its the same sentence with no punctuation or distinction.; Is this a tooltip error?

so my overall question is how do I keep from getting stunned so much?; the one thing I\'ve found in game (elemental training) has not seemed to make any difference.; I don\'t really enjoy playing a game where in PVP I spend 50-75% of my time stunned.; It\'s also disconcerting that I\'ve seen PVP matches where I\'ve spent the first 8-10 rounds straight stunned, which is two problems instead of just 1.; Usually those fights end with me dying bitterly because by round 20 I\'ve been stunned so much that my team is dead and they have finally whittled me down due to me being unable to do anything.; the 1st problem is that if i\'m lasting 20 rounds against someone when stunned most of the time, stunning has now become more important than any other ability in the game because any opponent able to hit me can eventually kill me regardless of many other considerations.; the second problem is simply that with most abilities reading 12%-36% in terms of stun chance, then statistically in a fight that long no one should be stunned 75% of the time, especially not with the frequency with which it has happened to me.

please refrain from commenting that i\'m making this up, like I said my character is a running joke on the server as the stun king.; I just want help because I feel like there has to be an answer.
Translate

phoenixessence Last edit in 2015-7-17 10:25:40

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
dirge of
User
Joined 2014-12-16
Last Visited 2016-07-31
Post time 2015-7-17 11:12:53 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

Put your Main in the back and your hero with immunity to stun in front(FQ,MoD,etc.)
        In the case of arcane lightning stunning the front row,check you opponent rings,he could be be wearing Tyrs ring.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

dirge of Last edit in 2015-7-17 11:12:53

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
novaruby26
User
Joined 2014-4-16
Last Visited 2017-08-10
Post time 2015-7-18 15:17:57 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

Translate
Floor reply (0)

novaruby26 Last edit in 2015-7-18 15:17:57

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
alrtzicx
User
Joined 2014-12-7
Last Visited 2016-08-24
Post time 2015-7-18 16:19:49 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

I know that feeling that all stun gods league against you...

1) I tested it, stun resist works. It is obviously not raw -40% as it does not make hero inmune to stun, but I dunno if the % chance is correct.
        2) For the stun when dodging, it\'s as you said a secondary ability like rogue DS, or the god (idun/tyr) ring that procs. You cannot get stunned by a skill if you dodge it (but still by the ring/DS). The exception is with the new boots that say dodging while it actually negates the attack (like aquarius). Debuffs (like stun) are cast on you when you dodge a hit with these boots.
        3) Skills work as intended. They stun their real targets (the one to whom atk debuff is cast). There is no dazzle icon on their head like other stuns though for these skills. Search the icon of the skill of blazing phantom to see if the stun proced or not. For the stun front, it\'s \'cus of god ring once more. There is an error in desc of this ring, target refers to the target of a normal attack, not the one that are actually hit. You said that your oppo were wearing the copy ring, but from these examples, it is the stun ring which procs.

Don\'t forget the galaxy ring (artefact) which can stun from nowhere.
        To avoid getting stun, you have 2 solutions.
        1- Stun/kill them before giving them a chance. For that, beef your agi. Someone stunned/dead cannot stun someone else (except if counterattacking).
        2- put main backrow. While ring and DS will probably stun frontrow, backrow is safer as only special skills can stun it (like galaxy ring, arcane lightning, thunderstorm, firestorm).
Translate
Floor reply (0)

alrtzicx Last edit in 2015-7-18 16:19:49

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
phoenixessence
User
Joined 2014-8-17
Last Visited 2017-03-16
 Author| Post time 2015-8-17 22:31:54 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

Reply 3# alrtzicx
thank you for all the advice, i sort of just wish they\'d remove stun from the game, losing to people i can stomp if i don\'t get stunned seems too game breaking for me. ;i\'m going to test out some of what you said as soon as i can.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

phoenixessence Last edit in 2015-8-17 22:31:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
señorita
User
Joined 2014-3-25
Last Visited 2019-11-06
Post time 2015-8-17 22:47:41 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

I feel you man.. stun really should be removed coz it make battles totally unpredictable. any build your have it can break that. I am also use everything what can avoid stun well, but still die more times, even if my opponent is all ways lower and weaker
Translate
Floor reply (0)

señorita Last edit in 2015-8-17 22:47:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abhi.gehlaut
User
Joined 2014-12-1
Last Visited 2019-11-22
Post time 2015-8-18 01:25:18 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

lol i am having same problem, i posted about same topic few posts below, i am also getting too much stun 12 round fight i was stun for like 7-8 rounds, i feel ur pain;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

abhi.gehlaut Last edit in 2015-8-18 01:25:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
crovile
User
Joined 2014-6-21
Last Visited 2019-03-19
Post time 2015-8-18 02:42:23 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

Stun is fun.

Now, I carry Tyr\'s Ring on my main and all of my heroes, thus everyone carrying 24% chance to stun their respective targets. To top that off, I am using HH who possesses 25% chance to Stun/Daze the enemy front row. Adding to it I\'m running on Arcane Lightning with a 20% chance to stun at it\'s current level and Firestorm, an AoE skill that possesses another 20% chance to as much as ALL of my opponents. Finishing it off with a Galaxy Ring. Not forgetting my Daze;Aegis either. If you see, I am one who deals a considerable amount of damage & carries a secondary set of stunners. And if I keep hitting them all then ofc it will pay off.

As annoying as it can be, this Stun adds ;a certain degree of unpredictability to the fights. This unpredictability is what makes fights fun. Luck is something that can totally turn tides in an instant in your favor. Stun, Chaos, Hit, Dodge, Crit., Endurance, Taunt etc.... These luck factors are the spices of PvP.;And everything has counters as well.

All, I can say is, everyone has rough times. But. would feel bad if you were the one instead to stun your opponents all the time ?
Translate
Floor reply (0)

crovile Last edit in 2015-8-18 02:42:23

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
cokrex
User
Joined 2014-2-1
Last Visited 2016-08-29
Post time 2015-8-19 09:30:44 | Show all posts

Question regarding stuns

tyr ring has change 24% + lvl skill arcane lightning (example lvl6 has 21%) = 45%;
        different skill and lvl skill give more change to stun or paralyse
        but idk different stun with paralyse lol;
Translate
Floor reply (0)

cokrex Last edit in 2015-8-19 09:30:44

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2019-11-22 18:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067299 second(s), 49 queries .