Credits
leviathan1
User
Joined 2015-8-16
Last Visited 2016-01-27
Post time 2015-8-17 22:46:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Questions from a level 40 new-ish player Reply:17| View:826

Hello!
        First off, many thanks to forum members that have posted advice, guides, and information here in the past; very useful and much appreciated!
        I recently started playing Fire Raiders (it is lots of fun!) and have my League up to level 40. I have some questions, and would be thankful for any advice from experienced players.

1. Currently, I can not proceed with the PvE story missions until the League reaches lvl 42. What is the best use of my Stamina until I can reach 42? I have already advance farmed the equipment items for the next round of Promotions. I noticed there is a double drop feature today on the regular map. Are there any missions that would be best for burning Stamina via Blitzes? Maybe it doesn\'t matter? But just in case it does matter, I don\'t want to just waste the Stamina.

2. Heroes. Several guides recommend solely focusing on 5 Heroes... I can see why now, as I start to appreciate the costs of Rune upgrades. Thus far, I have been using 6 Heroes, mostly because I am not sure which are the best 5. Claw Berserker, Lunar Priestess, Atalanta, Nether Knight, Rose Knight, Pyrona. Which 5 should I main from this point onward? Or should I continue to upgrade all 6? Should I be looking to replace anyone urgently?

3. Angels. I have a 3-star Lunaria, acquired through some modest initial spending on Recharge and from the newbie Events. She is good, but every guide I read says Nyssa is much better. I just reached level 40, so I can access Nyssa now, if I want to. Would you recommend investing resources into Nyssa now so she can essentially replace Lunaria? Or just stick with Lunaria (upgrade her to 4 stars) and then conserve Angel Points for a later Angel, like Amora? Seems like this is a pretty important decision, and I am really undecided. Any help is hugely appreciated!

4. Is there a point in one\'s progress where one should start always buying all the blue and purple equipment items that are available for sale using Gold in the standard shop? If so, is that point now, or later?

5. Mysterious Merchant. Are the items sold here actually good deals? Or is this just a trick to get you to spend gems because the merchant seems special and fancy?

leviathan1 Last edit in 2015-8-17 22:46:33

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
imperator j
User
Joined 2015-7-15
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-8-18 02:49:04 | Show all posts

Questions from a level 40 new-ish player

Howdy Levithan1,

I have some answers for your questions based off of my experience.

1. I would farm items necessary for future use. You can see what items your heroes need by pressing overview (it has a little magnifying glass next to it). When you max out like this, this is the situation people talk about where you upgrade your 2nd and 3rd team. Also if you have not farmed your hero crystals I would suggest using the 12 staminas needed for these. I would recommend that you stop once you get one crystal because they only have a 30% drop rate, and that 12 stamina would be better used toward another crystal. (Rule of thumb 1 crystal per elite stage unless it is double drop day for elite stages.)

2. I would recommend your main team be NK, RK, Pyro, Lunar, and BC. Atalanta\'s skill seem to wane around level 55 in my experience. She is a good 2nd or 3rd teamer however, because her shards are easy to get. It is not urgent but once you get the chance I would replace Lunar with, Night Blade, Night Sentinel, or Amazon Hunter because her shards are hard to get. I would also replace Nether Knight with Elder Dwarf because he provides crowd control. I would maintain your Lunar Priestess level (stop upgrading runes once you get NB, NS, or AH) or get a Djinni because they would be useful in the Angel Trial.

3. I personally got my Lunaria to 4* and skipped Nyssa. I was able to buy a 3* Alecta within two days because of the amount I had saved, and am keeping her at 4*. I am planning on leveling a Athena and Mikaela once I reach 70 with the surplus of Angel Points I am going to have. A lot of people suggest getting Alecta to 5*, I only would recommend this if you are a top 5 player.

4. I have been buying ALL items from the gold shop since level 30. Gold is at a surplus in this game, and they have provided use in upgrading my runes for my teams.

5. She often sells 3 pieces of purple at a time. I purchase all items available for purchase with gold. My motto is that it will save me 5 blitzes because purple items have a ~20% drop rate.

Hope this helps,

IGN: Imperator
        Guild: Relentless
        S62 Sterope

Floor reply (0)

imperator j Last edit in 2015-8-18 02:49:04

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leviathan1
User
Joined 2015-8-16
Last Visited 2016-01-27
 Author| Post time 2015-8-18 04:37:32 | Show all posts

Wow, thank you so much, Imperator! That is some seriously detailed advice, and much appreciated!

Based on what you wrote, is it acceptable to maintain just the level and skills for second teamers while skipping the Runes? In other words, just do Runes for five main heroes, while still giving regular EXP and equipment upgrades to the heroes outside the main five?
Floor reply (0)

leviathan1 Last edit in 2015-8-18 04:37:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
imperator j
User
Joined 2015-7-15
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-8-18 05:14:01 | Show all posts

I try to keep my second teamer within 5 levels of my main team. To do this I keep them in the training ground, while using my blue potions on my main team. I use the green and white potions on the second and third team.;

And yes unless you are promoting someone to your main team I would keep runes off of them because it becomes a hard game of catch up to keep your runes maxed,;when you level into the next rune tier. If you insist on Runeing your second team I would only have their rune levels 1/2 of max. I generally do not rune my 3rd team because that team is constantly changing for me.
Floor reply (0)

imperator j Last edit in 2015-8-18 05:14:01

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leviathan1
User
Joined 2015-8-16
Last Visited 2016-01-27
 Author| Post time 2015-8-18 08:19:34 | Show all posts

Awesome answer and info; again, my thanks!

Earlier you suggested that my main squad should be Rose Knight, Nether Knight, Pyrona, Berserker Claw, and Lunar Priestess. Sounds good to me.
        You also mentioned that I should change out Lunar Priestess and insert an Archer in her place. Does this mean that healers are not really needed outside of the Angel Trial?
        Also, you mentioned that Elder Dwarf would be a good upgrade over the Nether Knight. A few guides have suggested that Nether Knight is the best. Would it be better to replace the Rose Knight instead of the Nether Knight? Or does it not matter much?
Floor reply (0)

leviathan1 Last edit in 2015-8-18 08:19:34

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
imperator j
User
Joined 2015-7-15
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-8-18 10:11:55 | Show all posts

1. Cool cool glad you agree.
        2. I used a healer all the way to level 55 in arena, and would get my butt kicked by people who put berserker claw on her. With a healer you basically are in a 4 vs 5. Any ultra aggressive damage compositions can crush a healer. Healers a valuable where you can control their special, sometimes they waste it, especially in in arena.
        3. I was pretty high on Nether Knight before, but I tested both of them in 50 battles each, and the win outcome was far greater with Elder Dwarf. Elder Dwarf gets an guarenteed shield every 3 turns, while Nether Knight relies on Random Number Generator (RNG) to proc his shield. Elder Dwarfs Defense runes are Physical Defense, Magic Defense, and Parry, while NK defense runes are Magic Defense, Parry, and Resilience. Elder Dwarf\'s runes are in this case hard stats not leaving things to chance, while NK\'s Resilience (less chance of being critically hit) leaves a lot to chance when it comes to Physical Damagers. Most people run at least 3 Physical Damagers in today\'s meta.;

I am so high on Rose Knight because in the next patch he is receiving a 6th star and his special can stun an opposing member. Just my take. A lot of people run Nether Knight and Elder Dwarf, but I am a person that likes to future proof my teams as much a possible.;
Floor reply (0)

imperator j Last edit in 2015-8-18 10:11:55

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leviathan1
User
Joined 2015-8-16
Last Visited 2016-01-27
 Author| Post time 2015-8-18 11:29:55 | Show all posts

This type of detailed and thoughtful advice is almost priceless; thank you so much!
Floor reply (0)

leviathan1 Last edit in 2015-8-18 11:29:55

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
loalucas
User
Joined 2015-8-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-8-18 21:52:32 | Show all posts

Imperator,,,,no words for all detailed advice....You rule man!
Floor reply (0)

loalucas Last edit in 2015-8-18 21:52:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
loalucas
User
Joined 2015-8-9
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-8-18 21:54:46 | Show all posts

and just a more tip based on my experience......work hard on Night Blade man,,,,,,shes an easy hero to farm shards and he is one the top OP tanks on game........Put her to work with Angel Alecta,for work the Bleeding effect to Max,and you re gonna have a killer machine on your team..........Believe me,These two take me to the top10 on arena.....Its fantastic ^^
Floor reply (0)

loalucas Last edit in 2015-8-18 21:54:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
leviathan1
User
Joined 2015-8-16
Last Visited 2016-01-27
 Author| Post time 2015-8-18 22:31:53 | Show all posts

Thanks for the additional feedback, LoaLucas!

Just to make sure I understand, you mentioned NightBlade being an excellent tank. Isn\'t NightBlade an Archer?
        Also, how does NightBlade compare with Night Sentinel? I don\'t have either one, yet, but I could very soon. Are they about the same? Or is one significantly better, in your opinion?
Floor reply (0)

leviathan1 Last edit in 2015-8-18 22:31:53

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2017-11-21 10:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066212 second(s), 52 queries .