User

Credits
chizi
User
Joined 2015-9-3
Last Visited 2016-01-07
Post time 2015-9-3 11:23:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Astral Hunter or Blue Witch? Reply:20| View:1574
        Hello. I can\'t decide between either Astral Hunter or Blue Witch. They both have the exact same runes (HP, Atk, Agi, Hit, Crit).;My current team is Elder Dwarf, Rose Knight, Snow Queen, Grimbow and Angel Alecta.;You can probably tell it\'s a team that focuses on killing the back line so Astral Hunter would probably be the more obvious option, but I just don\'t know how good he is regardless, and I also already have Snow Queen to reduce defense, which leads me to ask whether or not 2 units reducing defense would stack? (Same for attack buffs/debuffs??)

Looking at Blue Witch, her skills seem handy. Light Envoy stun and Polymorph that can affect the back line as well. Her main skill just seems crappy due to random targeting but can still do some damage, and her control skills would add some balance.

I only have these two to add right now.;So which would be better?

chizi Last edit in 2015-9-3 11:23:45

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
dominic kie
User
Joined 2015-8-1
Last Visited 2016-11-20
Post time 2015-9-3 11:48:18 | Show all posts

Astral Hunter or Blue Witch?

base on your team right now, i recommend you Astral hunter instead of Blue witch. But i think grimbow, Snow Queen and Neireda is better.Just my opinion, it up to you.
Floor reply (0)

dominic kie Last edit in 2015-9-3 11:48:18

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
chizi
User
Joined 2015-9-3
Last Visited 2016-01-07
 Author| Post time 2015-9-3 12:04:18 | Show all posts

Reply 1# AbySNAG9_oXmc7Rt@facebook.com

Sadly don\'t have Nereida and still far really far from getting her, otherwise she\'d solve the issue of control and damage xD thanks for your opinion.
Floor reply (0)

chizi Last edit in 2015-9-3 12:04:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
saulmcg
User
Joined 2015-4-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-9-3 13:16:11 | Show all posts

I would actually go with Blue Witch and put her behind your Rose Knight. Blue Witch does have a random active skill, but that is only because she has the most row cc in the game and at a fairly high rate once you get her ranked high enough (roughly 45% chance for both at max rank and one lasts two turns). Rose Knight is not really an overly tanky character once you get into the later middle stages of the game because he relies on parry and dodge stats to tank. However, his passive dodge isn\'t high enough without an angel provided boost to allow him to stand up against the likes of night sentinel/ nightblade effectively. The cc that blue offers will really help bolster the defenses of your rose knight and help him get off his active/ rosemaries on the back line. Once you get rid of a couple heroes, roughly by the second time blue has her active up, she will start to hit multiple characters twice for really solid damage.

So basically, I would put the blue witch behind the rose knight or consider another tank in the not too distant future until you can get a 6* angel.
Floor reply (0)

saulmcg Last edit in 2015-9-3 13:16:11

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
chizi
User
Joined 2015-9-3
Last Visited 2016-01-07
 Author| Post time 2015-9-4 00:51:13 | Show all posts

Reply 3# saulmcg

Many thanks for your input! I do have Zweihander...would he be better? And if I use him should I just go for Astral?
Floor reply (0)

chizi Last edit in 2015-9-4 00:51:13

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
Post time 2015-9-4 01:24:45 | Show all posts

Reply 4# chizi
No, I would not recommend putting zweihander in rose knight\'s place. Late game rose knight is one of the best tanks there is, and you really start to see that when you get your six star angel, as saulmcg said. While rose knight does not really have any active defensive abilities, he is gifted with high health, and pretty solid defensive runes (physical defence, dodge, and resilience). While zweihander also has similar runes, he\'s missing the one thing rose knight has- dodge. This is the stat that makes rose knight so strong late game. Zweihander\'s ultimate tries to make up for this, but the extra health and damage reduction is just lackluster compared to how strong dodge is late game (able to easily dodge lots of night sentinel hits, or hits from similar heroes that have no hit chance rune). And another issue with zweihander is that his ultimate/first skill is his main defensive ability- this means that if he is locked down or killed before his rage bar fills up, he\'s not going to be tanking many hits for you.

And even if these arguments are not enough to convince you, here\'s another reason why you\'re going to want to keep rose knight. Rose knight will be able to be awakened one or two patches from now- this means he will unlock a fifth passive. That in itself is HUGE! That reason alone is why you should not replace rose knight with zweihander, as zweihander will NOT be able to be awakened immediately when the patch drops.

Although, it also depends on what level you are at this moment in time. Rose knight will get REALLY strong upon introduction of six star angels, which will start happening at around level 78 - 82. So I recommend to continue to train him up so you\'ll have him ready by that point. If you were going to replace rose knight with ANY tank until you get a six star angel, it would be nether knight. He can sustain himself through his shield and ultimate, a benefit that zweihander does not have.

And that brings me to another point. As I said before, a problem with zweihander is that he can\'t survive long enough to get off his first skill, ESPECIALLY if he is locked down. Typically to remedy this you\'d want a healing angel / hero, which you do NOT have. So if you want to keep with your current composition, you\'re going to want to have tanks that can heal themselves so they don\'t rely on your having a healing angel / hero. That is why I\'d recommend nether knight over zweihander, if you were going to replace rose knight with ANYONE (And even though rose knight does not have self-sustain, his late game dodge and his 5th passive upon awakening more than make up for it).

However, this doesn\'t mean zweihander is trash. This just means he\'s a tier below tanks like elder dwarf, nether knight, and rose knight. So I\'d recommend him for your second team, should you decide to make one. I hope this helped, and as usual, feel free to use or not use anything that I\'ve said, as these are just my opinions and reasons. I don\'t know everything about the game. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Thanks,

~Elivaras
Floor reply (0)

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-4 01:24:45

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
vince loa
User
Joined 2015-6-1
Last Visited 2016-05-18
Post time 2015-9-4 01:34:12 | Show all posts

Don\'t use Astral Hunter or Blue Witch if you want to be competitive in this game, they are both bottom tier heroes for their role as a DPS.
Floor reply (0)

vince loa Last edit in 2015-9-4 01:34:12

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
saulmcg
User
Joined 2015-4-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-9-4 02:04:53 | Show all posts

Reply 6# btwistboy
        I tend to disagree and say that byron and arcane spirit would be bottom tier heroes for their dps role as mage dps. Blue actually provides decent utility in how much cc she offers.

Also, dont use Zwei until you have valkyrie and netherknight ready to go. Lumia sees plenty of use as a front liner late game with her dodge runes as does guardian with his atk reduction and shields(though not a middle tank). Then there is Light Envoy I would get all of these before bothering much with Zwei unless you already have him significantly ahead of everyone else. We have plenty of people on our server who are starting to expand their maxed hero pool and several have fallen onto astral hunter and really liked him. No person in our top 15 uses either last time I checked, but that is because its littered with Lumia/ Dwarf/ Hecate/ Ned that are basically meant to just time you out, and do a good job of it. I still like Blue as your choice for now.
Floor reply (0)

saulmcg Last edit in 2015-9-4 02:04:53

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
Post time 2015-9-4 02:17:53 | Show all posts

Reply 7# saulmcg
Not sure I agree with you on Byron being low DPS. He has REDICULOUS damage with his ultimate, and could just about one shot a backliner if it critically hits. He\'s just not used because he\'s REALLY squishy (Low health pool, no defensive runes or abilities), and his second skill tends to feed rage, being very unlikely to get a finishing blow on an enemy hero.
Floor reply (0)

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-4 02:17:53

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
saulmcg
User
Joined 2015-4-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-9-4 02:24:58 | Show all posts

Reply 8# elivaras
I didnt say he was low dps. I said he was BAD dps. He is a gold trial only hero as soon as you can get just about anyone else more reliable
Floor reply (0)

saulmcg Last edit in 2015-9-4 02:24:58

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2017-11-25 15:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062570 second(s), 51 queries .