North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

View: 1144| Reply: 15

A Guide to "Good" Heroes/Team Compositions- TANKS and OFF-TANKS: COMING SOON!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
Post time 2015-9-6 00:19:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
A Guide to "Good" Heroes/Team Compositions- TANK Reply:15| View:1144

Version 2.0 of A Guide to Good Heroes/Team Compositions- TANKS and OFF-TANKS is coming on Friday, September 11, between 7:00 and 9:00 PM EST! Thank you all for your feedback, and I hope you will all enjoy what I have in store! Until then!

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-6 00:19:49

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
 Author| Post time 2015-9-6 10:40:15 | Show all posts

A Guide to "Good" Heroes/Team Compositions- TANKS and OFF-TANKS (Need opinions!)

Anyone got anything?
Floor reply (0)

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-6 10:40:15

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
duopt
User
Joined 2015-7-26
Last Visited 2016-02-02
Post time 2015-9-6 11:24:31 | Show all posts

A Guide to "Good" Heroes/Team Compositions- TANKS and OFF-TANKS (Need opinions!)

Great post elivaras! Very precise portrait of the dwarf. Not boring to read because you have the pros and cons. If anyone wants more info keep reading otherwise can go to the next hero. Would be great if there was a comparison with the other tanks. Like is there a better hp hero? A better dodge/parry hero? A better damage dealing hero? Against which enemy heroes would he be amazing to put in front of? Would also suggest you put the number of shards you need to collect, how hard and where you can get them. Comparing to the other hero you can get at the same time from the guild shop - Astral child - would also be nice for people know which one to choose. If you do this for most heroes would be amazing for new players and mostly everyone. Keep up the good work. IGNuoPT server:EU23 Demeter
Floor reply (0)

duopt Last edit in 2015-9-6 11:24:31

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
[exiled] triforce
User
Joined 2015-2-28
Last Visited 2016-01-25
Post time 2015-9-6 12:57:50 | Show all posts

The at what point in the game is he strongest section does not seem needed. Just an extra paragraph with no important info. The last section is way to much text imo. All you really needed to say was he is a good front line tank and his second skill combos well with Nightblade and Amazon Hunter. Walls of text deter people from reading (particularly new players.) Other than that, it looks good.
Floor reply (0)

[exiled] triforce Last edit in 2015-9-6 12:57:50

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
saulmcg
User
Joined 2015-4-19
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-9-6 14:27:12 | Show all posts

A Guide to

Reply 3# scandal triforce

2 Parts:
        1) I completely disagree with you about not needing that part of the article. Elder Dwarf is good in all stages of the game, however that is NOT the case for all heroes in the game. See my previous post about RK and how he is basically not even a tank until you get access to a 6* angel and max his skills/ runes. Nedeira is another great off tank very late game that should probably just not be used until you get her maxed out. Characters like Nether Knight are effective throughout the game, but it can be argued that he peaks in the early and very late stages of the game. Guardian and Light envoy are trash early and some of the best off tanks in the game very late.

Basically, some tanks will hit their peak very early on and only fall off thereafter (RK and NK are fine choices in the late game, but really offer you their best in the very early stages of the game because the very late game offers access to better scaling tanks). Whereas tanks like Light Envoy and Lumia become late game tanking monsters due to access to dodge and agility to proc their skills. Other tanks like Valkyrie and Elder Dwarf stay relatively relevant at every stage of the game. There really should be a distinction, even if it is a very brief tidbit for the 3 stages of the game. Early (pre Amora/ Alecta)/ Mid (Post Amora/ Alecta but pre Athena Styx Mik)/ Late (you get the idea)

------
        2)
        I feel that the pros section has some redundant info in it
        For instance

- Really good at taking punishment (Strong AoE health restoration + Shield + good defensive runes)
- Can sustain himself through lifesteal on first skill, less dependant on healing heroes/angels
- AoE lifesteal means it can’t be negated by one shield or dodge
- Shield is GUARANTEED, IE no random chance
- All of his runes are useful, even agility (it allows him to put up his shield before he can get CC’d)
- Line stun is pretty good (CC is ALWAYS nice)health regen. His shield is awesome
- Does not fall off at any time during leveling

could just be reduced to bullets 2 ( point 1 is implied through his rating of 5. Point 3 logically follows from info provided by point 2 and the skills breakdown section). Point 4 has a redundant clause (just say it auto procs and leave it at that). The mention of the line stun being pretty good is a no brainer but it could stand to be mentioned this is his best feature late game and is very unreliable early. He sort of changes to a reliable stunner late which is his only selling point he has over valkyrie, whereas when characters dodge is lower in the middle stages of the game, he is a self healing god. This just isn\'t the case late game. This nuance is really what is so interesting about this hero, because he really is good for two different reasons at two different points of the game.

- Has access to AoE lifesteal
- Passive auto shield
- Multi target CC
- No wasted rune
- Good at all stages of the game: an unrivaled self healing wall early and mid game; less reliable stun. unrivaled passive line cc for a tank late game: less reliable self heal.

I feel this is a bit cleaner of a pros section. Less word fluff.

The cons section could, and I think should, include the fact that he does have trouble against teams with high dodge front liners (you begin to really feel it very late game), because he is so dependent on that self heal aoe damage and not being able to hit his opponents can be crippling. Very, very late game, he can go a whole fight never getting off a self heal. For this reason, when faced against a valkyrie who HAS access to dodge, he may struggle to get much accomplished.;I say valkyrie simply because from a pure meat shield standpoint shes the queen b, though any front line\'s dodge late game will often keep dwarf from getting off a two person active. Its for this reason I think his best selling point late game is actually his row stun, otherwise hes an arguably worse valkyrie.

The bottom bit about him working well with off tanks could be reduced to the fact that he is a main tank, and that sort of implies his intended relationship with off tanks. Perhaps cut that out of his section and start off the entire article with what makes a main tank (because just about anything can be an off tank late game). That is to say that a main tanks purpose is to soak up damage from two lanes and relive some of the pressure on your off tank which will generally provide some form of high damage or high utility for the team. Also explaining its paramount the main tank almost always has huge defensive scaling (ED, Valkyrie, Light Envoy (late), Nether Knight (Early), etc, etc, etc). Explaining this one time in the beginning of the thread will allow you to thin out that bit from every character like ED.

I know this is a wall of text... I\'m just trying to be helpful beyond saying it looks good.
Floor reply (0)

saulmcg Last edit in 2015-9-6 14:27:12

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
 Author| Post time 2015-9-7 02:53:56 | Show all posts

Thanks a TON for the suggestions guys, really helps me out!
Floor reply (0)

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-7 02:53:56

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
Abyn2ydF-MkHv0Bz
User
Joined 2015-7-26
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-9-7 11:26:20 | Show all posts

I think it looks great. For ither characters that serve commonly as Tanky heros; Rose Knight, Nether Knight, Headless Horseman, Lumia, Light Envoy, and King of Bones.
Floor reply (0)

Abyn2ydF-MkHv0Bz Last edit in 2015-9-7 11:26:20

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
zygames17
User
Joined 2015-3-5
Last Visited 2016-02-02
Post time 2015-9-7 19:39:30 | Show all posts

Ultimate Tanking Guide - Regular Arena Defense -;Level 81+

1. Use Headless with Nigthblade behind plus Elderdwarf with Lumia and BerserkerClaw at the back plus Flora.
        2. Use Light Envoy and AstralChild plus Lumia, Djinni and Pyrona at the back plus Flora.
        3. Use your imagination and think of heroes that works with synergy to form a team and not as a stand alone. Think of a team that is theoretically difficult to counter as there is no absolute defense team because of RNG.
        4. Throw your doll@rs to g t a r c a d e and own anyone else, if still not enough to beat everyone throw more doll@rs.;;
Floor reply (0)

zygames17 Last edit in 2015-9-7 19:39:30

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
aob
User
Joined 2015-8-28
Last Visited 2015-12-03
Post time 2015-9-10 00:29:21 | Show all posts

I personally enjoy every aspect of your hero review/composition. In my opinion, I really;don\'t think there can be too much feedback or information about this topic;considering there is such a small amount;of it available at the moment. I think that this forum would only be more helpful with more information/feedback/opinions. With that being said, I think that you did a wonderful job! Keep up the incredible work sir! I will be looking forwards to reading future posts from you.
Floor reply (0)

aob Last edit in 2015-9-10 00:29:21

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

资深玩家版主

Credits
elivaras
Sr. Player Moderator
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2016-11-08
 Author| Post time 2015-9-10 09:12:08 | Show all posts

A Guide to

Reply 8# aob
Hey thanks a ton man Just to let you all know, the new guide should be releasing on Friday or Saturday!
Floor reply (0)

elivaras Last edit in 2015-9-10 09:12:08

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2017-11-22 09:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077525 second(s), 52 queries .