User

Credits
mithiel
User
Joined 2014-5-31
Last Visited 2016-04-15
Post time 2015-11-1 04:31:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
How to Spend HoC Resources for Tycoon Reply:5| View:1177

As most of you know, sometimes we get a tycoon right after house of cards. In such an event, we usually have a two days window where we can swap for resources in house of cards to gain tycoon points. Have you ever been in such a position and wanted to make the most of this opportunity? Then you are in correct place.

This excel file in the link below calculates the best way to use HoC resources to gain tycoon points.

http://community.gtarcade.com/attachments/file/month_1510/20151031_131851446323255.xlsx

Requirements:
        You need to have Excel and excel needs to have solver add-in. I believe Excel has it by default but I might be wrong on that one.

How to use:
        First, you need to download the excel file in the link above. After that, the program requires some inputs from you which I will explain below. After you fill the required fields and run the program, it calculates the cards you need to buy or sell and resources you need to swap for.

Inputs:

a.) Initial HoC Resources:
        In this part, we enter the amount of resouces we own already and prices for buying and selling cards in house of cards event.

Cells from A5 to A29 are just the names of cards. For example we have Jack of Hearts in 11th row. That means everything in 11th row from now on is realated to Jack of Hearts. Just below cards, we have points. A few of the cells right on the right side are related with House of Cards points.

Column B, Buying price: In this column you need to enter the amount of points we need to spend in order to buy one of the corresponding card in House of Cards. Since these prices do not change from event to event, you probably won\'t need to touch this column.

Column C, Selling price: In this column we need to enter the amount of points you gain from selling one of the corresponding card in House of Cards. These also do not change from event to event and you probably won\'t need to touch this column.

Column D, Owned: In this column, you need to enter the amount of each card that you already own. You need to enter the amont of HoC points you have as well.

b.) Swap cost and return for resouces available in HoC:
        Columns from I to V are resouces part.
        In this part, you need to enter the card cost of each resource, the amount of resources you gain by swapping and tycoon point gained for each resource. As an example, let\'s look at column I:

4th row, Availablity: Each resource column has an availablity cell right above resource name. If the resource is available in HoC, enter 1. Otherwise, enter -1 in this field.

Rows from 6 to 29, Cost: You need to enter the cost of the resource in House of Cards to this field. Example:
        Element scroll requires 1 x 8 of Spades. 8oS is in 16th row if you check the first image. So we write 1 to I16. It reqiures some other cards too which are entered in the image above.

Row 31, Daily Limit: Enter the daily swap limit for the resource in this row.

Row 32, Yield: Enter the amont of resources you gain by swapping once in this field.

Row 33, Tycoon Points: Enter the amount of tycoon points gained for obtaining one of the resource in this field.

Obtaining the Solution:

Now we have entered all necessary information to the program and it is ready to give us the solution. To obtain the solution, we need to open solver and click on Solve.

After clicking solve, another window which informs you that a solution has been found will pop up. Outputs section explains the results of calculation and how will we make use of them.
        Outputs:

a.) Amount of cards bought, sold, spent and left:

Column E, Buy:This column shows how many of each card you need to buy using House of Cards points. At the bottom of this column, we see the amount of House of Cards points we will spend for buying all the required cards. Example:
        E12 has the value 29. 12th row belongs to 10oS. That means you need to buy 29 x 10 of Spades.

Column F, Sell:This column shows how many of each card you need to exchange for House of Cards points. At the bottom of this column, we see the amount of House of Cards points we will earn by selling all the required cards. Example:
        F6 has the value 3. 6th row belongs to KoS. You need to buy 3 x King of Spades.

Column G, Total Spent: This column shows us the amount of cards and House of Cards points we will spend.

Column H, Remaining: This column shows the amount of cards and House of Cards points that will remain after doing everything.

b. Number of swaps and tycoon points gained:

<b>
</b>
        Rows 34 and 35 From I to V, Day 1 Swap and Day 2 Swap: These fields show how many times you need to swap for each resource in House of Cards. Example:
        I34 is 8. I belongs to Element scroll. So you need to swap for element scrools 8 times in first day.

Row 36 From I to V, Tycoon Points Earned: These fields show the tycoon point you earn from each resource.

W36: This cell contains the total tycoon points you will earn by doing everything that is calculated by the program.

Question: Resource X is not included in the list of resources. What can I do about it?
        Just modify the column for one of the resources not included in tycoon with values for resource X. Change only input values. Outputs contain formulas and changing them might break the program.

This concludes everything about the program and how to use it. I hope it will a useful tool for many players.

mithiel Last edit in 2015-11-1 04:31:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
hari_ivory
User
Joined 2014-8-2
Last Visited 2017-01-05
Post time 2015-11-1 15:16:18 | Show all posts

How to Spend HoC Resources for Tycoon

W T F ........................
Floor reply (0)

hari_ivory Last edit in 2015-11-1 15:16:18

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
miku /^-^/
User
Joined 2014-2-28
Last Visited 2016-08-07
Post time 2015-11-4 12:36:18 | Show all posts

u had a file that can calculate the best resources to buy for tycoon, why didnt u make a guide on gettin most points then on tycoon buyin from HoC shop -_-
Floor reply (0)

miku /^-^/ Last edit in 2015-11-4 12:36:18

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
mithiel
User
Joined 2014-5-31
Last Visited 2016-04-15
 Author| Post time 2015-11-4 14:12:32 | Show all posts

Reply 2# miku /^-^/

The guide is already here: Download the file, use it according to instructions and do what it says. I dont know how this is unclear. There can\'t be a guide saying buy this and that. What to buy needs to be calculated unless you have enough cards and points to do almost every swap. Oh and you make it sound like I somehow magically obtained that file. I wrote it from the scratch.                               
                                Well I suppose I could still make a guide but that wouldn\'t be on how to spend HoC resources. It would be on simplex method to solve profit maximization problems.       
Floor reply (0)

mithiel Last edit in 2015-11-4 14:12:32

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abx2qaltzffr2dks
User
Joined 2015-12-2
Last Visited 2016-02-19
Post time 2015-12-8 19:57:29 | Show all posts
Excellent Guide, Thank you. !
Floor reply (0)

abx2qaltzffr2dks Last edit in 2015-12-8 19:57:29

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com   

2017-4-26 02:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.154179 second(s), 38 queries .