User

Credits
phoenixessence
User
Joined 2014-8-17
Last Visited 2017-03-16
Post time 2015-11-9 12:36:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
content updates Reply:1| View:82
        this will probably sound like it\'s in the wrong section, but I wanted to make it here because really it\'s a business suggestion.; We see new content coming out every couple of weeks, but some bugs remain for months.; As someone with a minor in computer programming I understand new things are easier in some cases to implement than it is to dig through thousands of lines of code to find and fix the ones causing problems.; However, I can tell you that you are far more likely to lose people due to not fixing problems than you are to lose people because you weren\'t putting out enough new content.; Let\'s take the biggest MMO out there as an example, world of Warcraft spends over a year getting a new expansion going and during each expansion that lasts 1-2 years they do about 3-5 major content updates in that time.; that\'s a content update every 3-4 months at fastest!; LOA has been putting out new content every 2-4 WEEKS.;; Sure world of Warcraft may see attendance drop off the last few months of an expansion, but it surges right back and usually brings in MORE new players when they do release a new expansion.

I used to put a shortened version of this in each survey you asked us to fill out.; What causes me to jump on the forum and say it now is that with gauntlet breaking during a tycoon event, you are likely to see a huge drop in sales, in fact I\'ve already seen cross server chat have people shouting to boycott diamond buying for the rest of the tycoon.; if the problem persists and is not fixed like many other problems and bugs that arise, you\'ll see a sizeable player exodus and even those who don\'t leave will certainly start spending less, because they\'ll have no confidence that things will continue to work.; As someone who has spent some money on this game, I can tell you my spending has tapered off greatly for this reason.

I don\'t really need a moderator to respond, hope the people in charge can take constructive criticism and make a step in the right direction.

phoenixessence Last edit in 2015-11-9 12:36:07

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com   

2017-3-26 11:26 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.143194 second(s), 31 queries .