User

Credits
AbyuqIkFUOMbtge2
User
Joined 2015-9-28
Last Visited 2016-09-09
Post time 2015-11-11 16:13:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Arena Combinations/Hero Reply:3| View:1396
        I am new to this game and currently at lvl 48, but for most games I see people making a excel or hero guide for how good they are based on levels (eg. 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc)

I understand that affinities play a big role in the combination so maybe someone could provide some best affinities based on calculations etc.;

I\'ve read some strategies on this forum saying Tank, Vanguard, Support, Support until you get a two good Vanguards to run Tank Vanguard Vanguard Support, but not much on the specific heroes.;

I also understand it is easier to promote purple heroes at lvl 56. Is that worth doing or saving for legendary heroes?

AbyuqIkFUOMbtge2 Last edit in 2015-11-11 16:13:17

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
abzb_cuxjialehi4
User
Joined 2015-8-27
Last Visited 2016-08-21
Post time 2015-11-13 03:33:00 | Show all posts

Arena Combinations/Hero

I have a lot of questions about game ballance;
Floor reply (0)

abzb_cuxjialehi4 Last edit in 2015-11-13 03:33:00

Support

Default Signature
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
jonnyray12
User
Joined 2014-1-8
Last Visited 2016-06-15
Post time 2015-12-1 03:21:08 | Show all posts
I'm only around the same level (just hit 50 this past weekend), however I tend to do a lot of "theory crafting" on my games; so I'll try to answer some questions based on what I've seen. I have tried mapping all of this in a spreadsheet like you suggested. The problem I have is that the math is less than half the equation in the choice of team composition.

Tanks: There are two decent tanks available early to players (Sledge and Master Pan). I tended to favor Pan at first as I liked the stun/control factor of his ultimate ability. However, Sledge was a bit easier for me to get to six stars. Once I got Blade Queen, I dropped them both in her favor. Her basic attack is an AoE; so she tends to gather opponents. Something I like with my tanks. Her ultimate has a stun attached to it and even her 2nd attack knocks back enemies, making them move back into range.

Support (healing): I love my Athena and Venus heroes. I can run two Vanguards and those two ladies for most PvE content. Athena has a slight edge overall because her 2nd ability (Wrath of Olympus) also has a silence to it. It's short, but it has the benefit of interrupting any long casts the opponents may be trying to use. Venus is the better pure healer, though; so if I'm bringing someone else for the control factor I'll swap in Venus instead. Athena is harder to upgrade because her shards only come from Divining or occasional drops. She is one of the Water bosses in the Element Bash, though; so that helps some. Venus is easier since you can also get her shards from the Endless Dream store.
Support (control): I have gone a couple different ways here. Whisper is one of my main heroes. Her ultimate is an AoE silence (6 seconds) which is great when the enemies bunch up. It works very well in the arenas. She also does good ranged damage with her basic attcks; so I don't feel like I'm giving up a DPS spot with her. Medusa is also a common choice because her shards seem to drop like crazy and her Petrifying Gaze freezes a cone of enemies for 2 seconds. Her Horror Curse also steals rage from opponents which is handy in arena combat.

Nasty Opponents
I try to notice when a particular hero causes me problems repeatedly in the arena. These are strong candidates for the role they're designed for. A few of particular note:

• Wrath - His Ultimate damages, poisons, and silences enemies in an AoE attack. I've had some of my squishier vanguards go from 100% HP to 10% by the time his attack is done!
  • Behemoth - He's a decent tank, but his freezing ultimate is a nasty thing to deal with. He seems more effective coming from the Helper slots when my characters are already damaged.
  • Daimyo - His AoE ultimate is deadly! Whenever I see him in the Celestial Arena or PvE, I always mark him as the primary target. My teams can't survive two Cannon Barrage!

Affinity
Let me say that in the early stage, I think it's a mistake to do very much with Affinity. Let's take the example they used in their Brief Introduction to The Affinity System. In that example, Master Pan and Medusa have an affinity which grants each of them an additional 18% on their HP numbers. I have them both, but if I'm sacrificing the things I like better about Queen of Blades as my main tank by slotting in Master Pan, is it worth the tradeoff for the HP boost?

The one exception I make for Affinity sake is that sometimes I'll choose a lesser character as one of the Helpers just because they offer an affinity bonus to one of the heroes in my main team. But, again, I'm weighing the tradeoffs. Is the lower attack bonus in the 2nd Helper slot worth it for the benefit for my main team character?

I hope some of this helps. As I mentioned, I'm only level 51 myself, and knowing games like this, the overall meta of the game is likely to change as we reach the higher levels.

Floor reply (0)

jonnyray12 Last edit in 2015-12-1 03:21:08

Support

I can only please one person at a time. Today is not your day.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2017-8-17 01:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061795 second(s), 37 queries .