North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 7430| Reply: 97

[Forum Event] Monthly Marathon December

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

玩家版主

Credits
loa 1 events
Jr. Player Moderator
Joined 2018-1-31
Last Visited 2022-03-04
Post time 2020-12-27 21:24:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
[Forum Event] Monthly Marathon December Reply:97| View:7430
Edited by tinkerbell.loa at 2021-1-4 02:14

"For many runners, the desire to do a marathon is about a personal challenge, a test of one's limits and strength, a wish to prove that you can go the distance and achieve a long-life goal. It is also a huge undertaking, which might first seem as impossible,  a challenge that requires commitment and perseverance. Anytime we accomplish something new we grow stronger, we become more confident."

Our MONTHLY MARATHON  event challenges you to step out of your comfort zone, focus on a subject (or on more), enjoy yourself and have fun while solving the task/s, and prove yourself that you can tackle almost anything if you put your mind to it. All these in the time span of five days!
We need to catch up with the previous month events so here we are ready to start
DECEMBER MONTHLY MARATHON
Let's see how things works with Marathon! It is advisable to start reading everything in here before you begin working on any of the tasks which might stir your interest.
There are FIVE topics we have every month!!! Each of the five topics has at least a task to be solved, which task will ask you to come with a different type of solution, answer or reply. You may choose one topic only, and stick to it, or you can try up to three topics to play with (but no more than three topics, though).
There is another topic, a SURPRISE EXTRA TOPIC, the 6th topic, which we want to challenge your creativity with (you will find all details and explanations for how this extra topic works, below).
Be creative, let your mind run free, allow your imagination and creativity to fully bloom and flourish, speak yourself up and have lots of fun while doing that!

The 5 topics we chose to challenge you with this month are as it follows:
TOPIC 1: December 8th has been declared PRETEND TO BE A TIME TRAVELER DAY. The whole idea is to pretend for the day that you are a traveler from a different time.
TASK: Time travel has captured our imaginations for generations. Science and authors keep coming back to the topic again and again, so it should be no surprise there would be a day to pretend to be a time traveler. Thus ... imagine you are such a time traveler. Choose where in time you are coming from: an utopian future, a dystopian future or the past. Tell us how you would greet people you meet and what two (2) things you'd ask about or you'd do after.

TOPIC 2:
CHRISTMAS CARD DAY, in December, serves as a reminder to get your stamps, envelopes, and cards together so you can share your holiday cheer.
TASK: Create and make your own handmade Christmas card/s, with a unique design, shape and size. Get hold of some glitter and a dab of glue, and see what you can come up with. Show us how inventive and creative you can be! Choose any of the characters in game, or one guildie or an ally mate, or simply your best in-game friend to send the card you created and made. Write a message on that card. Post the card here when it's done. Do not forget it also has to have your data details and the name of Forum event written on it (handwriting addition, not digital).

TOPIC 3:
NATIONAL THANK YOU NOTE DAY is recognized annually on December 26.  It is a day to get some note cards, paper, pen, envelopes and stamps to write special thank yous for the gifts you received. Never underestimate the power of THANK YOU!”
TASK: Take the time to thank family and friends with a personalized message. Write such a message or note to someone you really want to get your thanks. Choose your very unique and personal way and manner to send it. Post the note or the message here.

TOPIC 4: By those who celebrate it, CHRISTMAS is often seen as a magical time, often expressed and described as Christmassy or being in the Christmas spirit.
TASK: Let's go beyond the religious significance of the holiday and get into the Christmas spirit in the sense of expressing hope and wonder and that feeling of festiveness (which I believe we all so badly need lately). If it were to share some of your customary ways to celebrate this period and the holidays season, which would these ways be? Do not come with more than 3 up to 5 options. You can also add pictures, images, photos.

TOPIC 5: NATIONAL UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER DAY
TASK: E
ach year, ugly Christmas sweater wearers, decorate, shop, and do their darndest to out ugly last year’s ugliest sweater. Whether they sport the most lights or colors, bells or characters, the ugly sweaters serve as beacons of light so bright, Rudolph himself will someday be out of a job (ha, ha, ha!). National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day is a day to make the holidays fun ... the way they were intended to be! Show off with your own ugly Christmas sweater, posting a photo of it. Remember it has to be a photo of yours, not one borrowed from the internet - the sweater in the photo you'll upload here must have attached a piece of paper with your data details and the name of the task written on it (handwriting, not digital addition).

SURPRISE EXTRA TOPIC
NATIONAL DING-A-LING DAY encourages you to reconnect with people you once talked to often. Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while.
Many people slip out of your lives, people who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you. Do you remember any of them, or do you recall their names? It may be an old classmate, a co-worker, or a neighbor from years ago, the child who used to mow the grass during the summer, or the couple who carpooled for soccer. Let's join the Ding-a-ling club and call someone this year. Who that person would be? What would you tell him or her? Tell us the name of that person and what's the relationship with you. Share here what you'd tell him/her on that ding-a-ling call.

EVENT RULES
Let's revise and remember how this event works. You might want to read these rules very carefully.
  • You have ALL the topics you can choose among already posted.
  • You can choose any of the topics there, any you are comfortable with, to reply, answer and resolve.
  • You can choose more than one topic to answer, but you are allowed to choose only up to THREE different topics (no more than three!!!).
  • No matter how many topics you have chosen (one, two or three) you have to resolve and complete ALL the tasks the topic/s you chose come with.
  • Do not use "floor/quick reply" to answer and post your reply. Use a "normal reply". We do not take into account floor or quick replies as eligible answers/replies in the thread, and therefore eligible for any rewards, too.
  • For the topic/s you choose, you MUST follow the instructions and rules stated for each of them.
  • No matter how many topics you have chosen, ALL your answers have to be posted and must appear in a single post.
  • You can participate only once per Forum account and IGN/character, so choose wisely which of your characters you want to participate with.
  • It is obligatory to post your IGN, server name and number, platform, too, in your post.
eg. [post your answer/s for the topic/s you chose]
      IGN: TheGeni(e)us
      SERVER: PotOfGold(2020)-GMT
      PLATFORM: GTarcade

DURATION
START:27th of December
END: 31st of December

REWARDS DISTRIBUTION EXPLANATORY NOTE
A. ATOP THE TOP: There will be a number of up to 30 players selected for this category. ONLY the participants who choose to resolve THREE (3) topics out of the five available and the EXTRA TOPIC, too, will enter the selection process for this category. Winners will be picked (from among the participants whose posts make them eligible and who follow the rules and instructions stated for the topics they chose to resolve), using a raffle process.
Here are the 30 winners of the ATOP THE TOP category:

B. TOP 30 CREATIVITY: We will RANDOMLY pick a number of up to 30 participants, from among ALL participants in event, no matter if they choose to solve one, two or three topics, to be sent an extra surprise reward for the way in which topics they chose are resolved, for uniqueness, ingeniosity, creativity, "freshness", quality of screenshots posted, art creation and artworks (drawings, sketches, pictures, handmade items, etc). The participants who are selected in ATOP THE TOP category, can also enter in the selection process for TOP 30 CREATIVITY category.
The 30 winners of the Top 30 Creativity are the posters on replies: #9, #13, #14, #15, #17, #24, #25, #28, #31, #36, #39, #42, #43, #58, #64, #65, #66, #67, #70, #72, #74, #77, #80, #85, #86, #89, #91, #95, #96, #97.
C. There is a SURPRISE EXTRA TOPIC, the 6th topic in the event. This task is open for ALL participants. This topic DOES NOT ENTER the other mandatory topics, it is EXTRA topic to resolve IF you want to get an extra reward, but it is mandatory to resolve it if you want to enter the selection process for the ATOP the TOP rewards. For the participants who choose to "resolve" and come with a solution for this topic, we have a SURPRISE reward to be sent to them when event ends!!! The reward will be sent to ALL eligible participants who choose to come with a valid eligible solution, reply or answer and who follow the rules and requirements for it!!!
  • ALL rewards will be sent when event ends, within a few days after (no more than 7 days), due to the fact that there is a limited amount of PMs we can send over a 24h period. We thank you in advance for being patient and waiting for all prizes to reach you all.
  • Please be aware of the fact that ALL entries must be checked and verified and this takes a while.
  • It will last for a while for rewards to reach you, it is not possible to send ALL rewards the minute after event is closed!!!
  • Please be patient, no one will be skipped or left aside, every participant meeting the requirements of the event and entering the winners lists will receive his/her prize!
  • The items or the special item you receive as reward(s) are not subject for a switch, a swap or an exchange of any sort.

SPECIAL NOTICE
  • Breaking the rules will not only result in your disqualification, but also in forum bans for the duration of the event.
  • You can only participate once per forum account and IGN, so choose wisely which of your characters you want to participate with.
  • Only replies posted within the event duration will be counted.
  • Spamming and unrelated replies to the topic/s of the event will will be deleted. Empty and/or non-related posts, replies or comments will be deleted.
  • Swearing, insults, vulgar or foul language, bad or rude words, harassing, racism, any copycat replies are not permitted and using them will result in deletion of the post and the ban of the forum account for the duration of the event.
  • Please be sure to watch your post/s as you MIGHT be required or asked to add something you missed or even to redo your post.

Which feature in the New-Year Celebration event is your main interest stirred in?

Single Polls, Total 70 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote

loa 1 events Last edit in 2020-12-27 21:24:23

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
marganti lumba...
User
Joined 2016-5-21
Last Visited 2021-10-27
Post time 2020-12-27 21:53:24 | Show all posts
TOPIC 3: NATIONAL THANK YOU NOTE DAY
time is running fast.
7 years I was with this game.
a lot of excitement and also a bad impression when I play this game.
THANKS TO YOU team for providing the best entertainment.

IGN: tikungan
SERVER: ud11
PLATFORM: GTarcade
Translate
Floor reply (1)

marganti lumba... Last edit in 2020-12-27 21:53:24

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
silversnow
User
Joined 2018-9-15
Last Visited 2021-02-06
Post time 2020-12-27 22:08:41 | Show all posts
Edited by silversnow at 2020-12-29 01:45

TOPIC 1: PRETEND TO BE A TIME TRAVELER DAY

I am a survivor from the distant future where the earth has been ravaged by the newest strain of the virus and few humans are struggling to survive. I have been sent into past to warn humanity and help them with th eprevention of the virus.
Greeting : I will greet them with the namaste because in my culture we keep the physical contact minimum.The two things I will do would be:
1. Locate the research facilities and gather the world leaders to help them mitigate the possible disaster.
2. Spread awareness among people about importance of preserving the planet.

TOPIC 3: NATIONAL THANK YOU NOTE DAY
I would like to thank my mom by giving the note to her with some hot breakfast.
"Thank you so much for keeping me safe and staying with me during these times. I love the fact that it's just the two of us staying in the house because I love your company."

TOPIC 4: CHRISTMAS

I would celebrate christmas with my family and my dog. we would have a nice dinner prepared by mom by the fireplace. I am hoping for a snowfall this year.

EXTRA TOPIC: DING-A LING DAY

I have had so many people in the past with whom I have lost touch. I always wondered if it was my fault or if both of us just stopped trying to stay in touch. I would call this really close friend of mine from college days. Distance broke us apart but I still miss her. We have had some really great moments and I would just want her to know that I cherish them all to this day.

IGN: silversnow
Server: Silverfalls(1473)
platform: Gtarcade

Translate
Floor reply (1)

silversnow Last edit in 2020-12-27 22:08:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
airamakasinag2...
User
Joined 2020-8-1
Last Visited 2022-01-11
Post time 2020-12-27 22:25:00 | Show all posts
Edited by airamakasinag27 at 2020-12-27 22:59

IGN: Snow
Server: Frostfell (1463)
Platform: GTArcade

Topic 1:
I want to go to the future (about 10 years after) and will just basically greet people the way I greet now.

The things I will want to know is that:
1. What are the things that helped other countries in surpassing covid?
2. What are the things they encounter years after the covid?

Topic 3:
To my family and to all my friends,
             I just want to thank you all for all the support, the love and the guidance you gave to me. Thank you for helping me to be the person I am today. I love you all

Topic 4:
The best way for me to celebrate holidays is to:
1. Be with family or;
2. Be with friends or;
3. Be in church with my churchmates

Extra Topic:
This person named Wendel is one of my childhood friends and he is our neighbor and we are just currently renting an apartment that time. I used to play with him everyday and he just goes with the flow with what I want which made me happy since I can play the things I want to play with him. Sadly, we parted ways since both our families got our own house and lot (which is the happy part). I didn't see him after that because I don't know where they lived after that and I was just a kid that time. I just want to say to him that if ever we could have the time to meet each other again and have some bonding, it would be fine and just chit chat with the stuffs we did years ago and just have fun

Translate
Floor reply (1)

airamakasinag2... Last edit in 2020-12-27 22:25:00

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
johnreimonses8
User
Joined 2020-8-20
Last Visited 2022-01-04
Post time 2020-12-27 22:51:27 | Show all posts
Edited by johnreimonses8 at 2020-12-27 22:58

IGN: Twynz
Server: Frostfell (1463)
Platform: GTarcade

Topic 1:
I will go into the future and will just have a kind of interview for people on how they overcome covid

Comeback immediately to the present to give the information I got

Topic 3:
To my family and friends:
Thank you for always being there for me no matter what. Even though I am a moody person, you didn't leave me and let me down at my lowest. Thank you for all the things you've done for me even though I think that I didn't do anything in return. Hope to see you soon

Topic 4:
1. Go to mall with family or friends
2. Stay at home alone and just play games, watch videos or do random stuffs.

Surprise Extra Topic:
I met Stephen in our school when I was just Grade 10 (he is Grade 7). I am a person who is not that socially active and when I met him and had some chit chats with him, I got too close with him and when it's time to go to Senior High School, I made a very big adjustment since I had most of my Grade 10 times with him. The last chat I had with him was around 3 years ago and that is also the last time I saw him.

I just want to to say to him that I missed the bonding we had 3 years ago.
Translate
Floor reply (1)

johnreimonses8 Last edit in 2020-12-27 22:51:27

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
alejandrita
User
Joined 2020-8-30
Last Visited 2021-04-06
Post time 2020-12-27 23:25:54 | Show all posts
Edited by ally moreno at 2020-12-29 06:03

Topic 1. Pretend to be a time traveler day
Im from 2040, a grown and successful woman, the first thing i would do is support my younger self, telling her the following advice
1. Stop worrying about stupid things
2. Dont let anyone destroy your dreams
3. Always be strong, you'll get through all the bs!
4. You can do it, no matter what they say

Topic 3. National thank you note day
I would like to thank my parents, they are my support, my everything, thanks dad for making everything possible and helping me during my hardest times , and thanks mom for being there always, good or bad, you're the best cheering me up! im nothing without you two, seriously. xo

Extra topic. National ding-a-ling day
I remember meeting a girl at a disco, her name was Sarah, and i never saw her again after that night, soooo, Sarah if you're seeing this i would like to say that you're amazing, i loved your outfit and personality, we could be besties!! hope i can see you again.

ISona
uc21
Gtarcade desktop app

Merry christmas!

Translate
Floor reply (1)

alejandrita Last edit in 2020-12-27 23:25:54

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
nifty_9349
User
Joined 2020-8-29
Last Visited 2020-12-31
Post time 2020-12-27 23:52:41 | Show all posts
Edited by nifty_9349 at 2020-12-31 05:56

Nifty
TrollfenMoor(1464)
GTArcade

Topic 1: I would come from totalitarian future with evidence clear enough to proof to even the thickest person that the current virus is used and abused to enrol globalists' wet dreams of oppression and control.

Topic 3: To some of my friends: Thank you for being openly fearful about speaking about current affairs, it made me look for and find people that are fighting to keep our humanity and not have us turn into cattle.
To LOA: Thanks for the goodies!  

Topic 4: Play games, watch tv and eat pizza.

Surprise extra Topic: I would tell Linda that LOA sometimes acts like the FBI in their monthly events.

Translate
Floor reply (1)

nifty_9349 Last edit in 2020-12-27 23:52:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
m4d3l1n
User
Joined 2020-3-20
Last Visited 2021-01-01
Post time 2020-12-28 01:30:15 | Show all posts
TEMA 1: SER UN DÍA DE VIAJEROS EN EL TIEMPO.

Simple y sencillo regresar en el tiempo para salvar a mi padre ayudarlo a vencer el covid, a evitar los errores que cometi, no internarlo y curarlo con las medicinas que los medicos aun no reconocen en mi pais de esa forma salvarle la vida y este junto a nosotros para estas fiestas en familia.

IGN: Guiligan
Server: Glyphwood 1461
Plataforma: GTArcade
Translate
Floor reply (1)

m4d3l1n Last edit in 2020-12-28 01:30:15

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
cloudstrifee
User
Joined 2018-10-31
Last Visited 2021-09-05
Post time 2020-12-28 02:04:49 | Show all posts
Edited by cloudstrifee at 2020-12-28 22:19

TOPIC 1

TOPIC 3

TOPIC 4

EXTRA TOPIC:

IGN: Cloudstrife
Server: S1
Platform: Armorgames

Translate

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Floor reply (1)

cloudstrifee Last edit in 2020-12-28 02:04:49

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
sub_zero_mg
User
Joined 2019-11-1
Last Visited 2022-04-12
Post time 2020-12-28 05:18:46 | Show all posts
Edited by sub_zero_mg at 2020-12-28 05:33

Topic 1 : Pretend to be a time traveler day

Would come from a future where there is no pain and sorrow only joy and happiness. And I will bring things and ideas that made that world wonderful here also.

Topic 3 : National thank you note

To my friend that I go hike on the mountains with :
Thank you for being the best hiker I ever encounter. Hopefully we will have many more adventures in the future as we had until now.

Topic 4 :

1. Go at home where my sister lives (everyone else died...even mom this year... ) and stay with her and her family
2. Go hike on the mountains
3. Stay at home and just ... do my workouts, eat, play games, listen music.

Surprise extra topic :
I would like to get in touch with the guys where i did live in Belgium when i went to work there. They were such great mates...did laugh the whole time and talk while cooking and stuff. Sadly when i came back to my country the connection kinda lost. If i could send them a message that would be that i really miss their company.

IGN : Impacty
Server : S238 Sleepywood Moor
Platform : R2Games

Translate
Floor reply (1)

sub_zero_mg Last edit in 2020-12-28 05:18:46

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2022-12-8 22:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.112473 second(s), 54 queries .