North America Forum

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search

We are working to make our Terms of Service agreement easier to read in order to provide you with better services while protecting your personal data. We hope you can spare a few minutes to read the recently updated User Terms of Service. User Terms of Service Privacy Policy
View: 1517| Reply: 7

Languages, what do you think?

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
drawinghood
User
Joined 2015-12-18
Last Visited 2017-05-12
Post time 2016-5-19 23:49:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
Languages, what do you think? Reply:7| View:1517
Edited by msstark at 2020-2-20 21:51

On the new EU server so many people tell others to go to PM with their language or to a guild. But I find it to be ridicilous imo.
Anyone should be free to speak their own, no one is obligated to speak just English just because you want it imo.

But I'd like to hear other opinions, so vote and eventually comment!
Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 2 choices ), Total 27 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote

drawinghood Last edit in 2016-5-19 23:49:51

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
niladri ghosal
User
Joined 2015-11-10
Last Visited 2018-03-09
Post time 2016-5-20 03:55:41 | Show all posts
2- because a- it is an english game so obviously u have prior knowledge of english.
      b- spamming world chat with apparently nonsensical or rather, illegible talk is extremely annoying. Especially when an important discussion is going on.
If you wanna speak in local language, one should be free to speak in private or language-based guilds.
But, if u speak stuff like that in WC, feel free to have ur a** kicked by haters. (not necessarily implying i am a hater)
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • Wrong, it is originally a Chinese game

But kidding aside, I've already spoken out to some haters. And especially when the multi language version comes out, people should expect other people to speak different languages. Especially since there are also many out there who play and probably only know half English.

Yeah, I do sometimes talk Dutch (on this server) when someone asks a question since their English is bad though most of the time English, considering it has become a habit of mine due writing stories. Find it funny people hate on this, despite that European servers, whether LOA 1 or LOA 2 mostly have this.
    Translate
    2016-5-20 06:23  Reply
  • Also didn't see the b part, but you're right about that discussion part.
    Translate
    2016-5-20 06:29  Reply

niladri ghosal Last edit in 2016-5-20 03:55:41

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
shadowx01
User
Joined 2014-5-1
Last Visited 2018-06-08
Post time 2016-5-20 04:58:59 | Show all posts
Multi-Language Update Coming Soon

The LoA2 localization team has been working nonstop to bring the game to players around the world. Currently German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Turkish language packs are near completion and will be available before the end of the month. Once released, players will be able to change their in-game languages.

loa2 is not a englesh based and eu time zone is not englesh focus then any1 can talk on his own leanguage , if you no understand it just ignored it since is not for you lol
Translate
Floor reply (2)
  • Are you also possibly the Shadow on S100?

But yeah, LOA 2 is originally Chinese translated to English and now European servers translated to multiple languages. People expect that everyone speaks English only, whilst most of the European server (counting LOA 1) have people that speak other languages so it could be expected.

Though I do understand people their feelings when they want people to talk English out of respect, they shouldn't force it or hate on the people, especially when their English is just incomprehensible and prefer to talk in their own language. Luckily I'd only talk Dutch if someone were to ask a question in Dutch and their English is not that good, I'd talk back in Dutch but otherwise English.
    Translate
    2016-5-20 06:27  Reply
  • nop i shadowx from server 21
    Translate
    2016-5-21 09:20  Reply

shadowx01 Last edit in 2016-5-20 04:58:59

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
loa2chang
User
Joined 2016-4-28
Last Visited 2016-08-12
Post time 2016-5-20 09:56:02 | Show all posts
Just shows how nosy people are.  If people talk on their own language it only means the message is not for you to know.  World chat?  Yeah it's a free world.  Better ignore it if you can't understand.  Not all people were born to speak English.
Translate
Floor reply (1)

loa2chang Last edit in 2016-5-20 09:56:02

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
xcrystal
User
Joined 2016-5-9
Last Visited 2016-06-10
Post time 2016-5-20 22:22:37 | Show all posts
I think they can speak what they want. Its a WORLD Chat, and not a only englisch chat. But i think its better if the Dev's change the Chat system, maybe gives player an option to creat chat rooms,(Switch chat room from 1 - 50 or something) i don't know if the PM has the feature to invite more player in 1 conversation.. but the chat needs rly a update.
Translate
Floor reply (1)

xcrystal Last edit in 2016-5-20 22:22:37

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
xmagicalx
User
Joined 2014-6-6
Last Visited 2016-06-21
Post time 2016-5-20 23:51:58 | Show all posts
That's why I never have world chat on in games. IMO it's not so much the different EU languages as a lot of players sometimes don't come from Europe. I've noticed that in games where something like World Boss is at 13:00 people tend to play different time zone servers. I have never figured out whose stupid idea it was to put events at a time like that (what with people being at school/college/work at the time). But it only invites people from other time zones to play Euro servers and the world chat is then full of Tagalog for example.

But Europe has several languages so let people talk however they want. Not everyone can speak English well enough. If they plan an actual multi-lingual server they better make seperate channels for the various languages. Which can only end in a nightmare for the developers IMO.
Translate
Floor reply (0)

xmagicalx Last edit in 2016-5-20 23:51:58

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
stormblade
User
Joined 2014-7-22
Last Visited 2018-11-03
Post time 2016-5-21 07:00:52 | Show all posts
Edited by stormblade at 2016-5-21 07:19

1st lession: tolerance.. EU isnt 1 country . it is an continent.
EU is huge and an lot of languages are spoken.
The majority of the EU gamers is ok with this incause of we do respect each others.
Not like some from (insert an popular asiatic land here). No offense. They joined and flamed  against an other country(malaysia or so).
And this in english after no one had understood them. What on earth do they do at EU?
Better Timezone? there are tons of better servers for them. Even HKT. EU isnt tolerating souch awfull flames. If we flame then it is an joke or something.

So please shut down this survey since this(popular asiatic language here) is spamed at the older servers often. And full of insults often.

Sorry. But the trouth has to be spoken.

No. It isnt Russian, my friends. far far east.. no japan no china.. guess what..
Translate
Floor reply (1)

stormblade Last edit in 2016-5-21 07:00:52

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

User

Credits
celestrialinvi
User
Joined 2019-3-14
Last Visited 2020-08-27
Post time 2020-2-20 21:31:35 | Show all posts
Edited by celestrialinvi at 2020-2-20 21:41

Hello there players.

I understand that this is a very old post that the OP has made, so I'll explain why we're closing this thread here.

Edit: Having this thread closed for the following reasons, please read:

We don't protect flaming users here.
We don't tolerate hate speech.
We understand people speak different languages and that's ok.
If there's a issue, we'll be watching and reading dialogue carefully.

All players are free to talk in different languages. But, English is the common language in all around the world today. So, if players need any help, they can talk in English, it's that simple.

This is a simple reason and there is no need to create any chaos here.

As last word, the conversations in this thread are not pleasant here and there is no purpose to keep this thread open or risk any conflicts further.

So, we're closing the thread not to allow for more chaos here.

Thank you for reading this message and understanding what we have to tell you.

~CelestrialInvi
Translate
Floor reply (0)

celestrialinvi Last edit in 2020-2-20 21:31:35

Support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2021-6-20 06:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065163 second(s), 49 queries .