Credits
himero1000
User
Joined 2015-7-5
Last Visited 2015-10-28
Post time 2015-10-25 01:17:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
5v5 & Raiders Reply:1| View:91

Hi,

I raised this issue a while ago when the servers were merged for raiders but its also now a problem within 5v5. The problem is to do with server merges.

Once a player is past level 70 they are thrown into \'puragtory\' battles against players with no upper ceiling (e.g. nightmare battles have an upper cieling of 69). Now the games are about BR. Of course, there is no end to how much BR a player can aquire, or buy. Thankfully though there are limits to how fast a player can progress through the levels, even with money.

Now consider that some servers have been here a lot longer than others, with advantages spanning months. And now consider that those players have advantages over others. It is rumoured that some even own 5th level rune books that were accidentally added early on.

Now heres my problem. In what world would you place these players in a battle together and expect it to be fun for them? Those with superior strength, due to being around longer, will dominate practically everything. And for those that meet them, it will be pointless. So why even play? A parallel would be a 4 year old entering a fist fight with their father. Other games bypass this by a players battle rank or their overall eqiptment ratings. Levels, as you know, do not dictate a players strength.;

Now I know that moaning about this wont fix anything. So heres what I suggest. Do what you should have done in the first place and base the matching on character BR matches (not overall BR, CHARACTER BR). Cross server or otherwise wont matter anymore, your match will be fairer, a REAL fight... not a face meet fist fight. Servers with month long advantages won\'t be able to fight the puny ants that you are and steal your lunch money.

I believe that the move to merge servers was made primarily because there were not enough players in each server. Honestly though, should it continue like this I see no people being interested in the game past 70. It becomes, like a lot of f2p games, a spending race. But for the spenders, even that becomes pointless after a while, unless driven by OCD \'spoon collecting\' behaviours (for which I reccomend gambling to you, not ftp games, you at least stand a chance of winning money in it). And if all thats left at the top is big spenders, then I its not a place I\'d like to see.

Said my piece.

IGN: Himero
        Server: S15-Themis.

himero1000 Last edit in 2015-10-25 01:17:50

Support

Default Signature

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

小黑屋|community.gtarcade.com

2017-5-23 01:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.036551 second(s), 31 queries .